tiger won't make cut at +125? wow

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
D

dudleysdad

Has to be a good bet, no?
He may go out and shoot a 6 over in rd 1..
Hasn't played in a long time
Agree?

Cut is top 50 plus those within 10 shot of the lead.

There is only 98 in the field, instead of the usual weekly 160, so his chances to make the cut increase. Then there are the former champs, maybe one of them make the cut - Larry Mize, Tom Watson, Mike Weir, Ben Crenshaw, Ian Woosnam, Sandy Lyle, Mark O'Meara. Ben Crensahw starts 1,000-1 in Champions Tour events every week. Than a few of the amatuers will miss the cut. So really Tiger only needs to beat 40 guys to make the cut

Unless I'm mistaken, he's never missed the cut at Augusta as a pro. He pretty much needs to be +5 or better to make the cut. I watched him chip and pitch yesterday and he looked completely different than at Torrey and Phoenix. He seems loose and in good spirits, so I think he'll play well. Maybe not contending on Sunday well, but certainly enough to make the cut

[TABLE="class: teams_betting_options_advance, width: 100%"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">[TR="class: tbl_betAmount_opt_advance, bgcolor: #666666"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tbl_betAmount_opt_advance, bgcolor: #666666"]
[TD="width: 230px, align: left"]6029 T. Woods will make the cut
[/TD]
[TD="class: tbl_betAmount, width: 153px"][/TD]
[TD="class: tbl_betAmount, width: 90px"]<input class="limitstooltip" rel="Max:$500" size="4" type="textbox" value="" id="checkboxx" name="M1_16" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 1px solid rgb(68, 68, 68); border-radius: 3px; -webkit-box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0745098) 0px 1px 1px inset; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0745098) 0px 1px 1px inset; transition: border 0.2s linear, box-shadow 0.2s linear; -webkit-transition: border 0.2s linear, box-shadow 0.2s linear; width: 40px;"> -130[/TD]
[TD="class: tbl_betAmount, width: 153px"][/TD]
[TD="class: tbl_betAmount, width: 122px"][/TD]
[TD="class: tbl_betAmount, width: 122px"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tbl_betAmount_opt_advance, bgcolor: #666666"]
[TD="width: 230px, align: left"] 76030 T. Woods will not make the cut
[/TD]
[TD="class: tbl_betAmount"][/TD]
[TD="class: tbl_betAmount"]<input class="limitstooltip" rel="Max:$500" size="4" type="textbox" value="" id="checkboxx" name="M2_16" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 1px solid rgb(68, 68, 68); border-radius: 3px; -webkit-box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0745098) 0px 1px 1px inset; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0745098) 0px 1px 1px inset; transition: border 0.2s linear, box-shadow 0.2s linear; -webkit-transition: border 0.2s linear, box-shadow 0.2s linear; width: 40px;"> +100

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

the number I have

Dudley, if you are thinking what you're thinking, the " Tiger withdraws after starting" might be appealing to you at +450. Backs can go to hell on you just getting out of bed, much less swinging a club. Just a thought.

Dudley, if you are thinking what you're thinking, the " Tiger withdraws after starting" might be appealing to you at +450. Backs can go to hell on you just getting out of bed, much less swinging a club. Just a thought.
a caveat I would say to this would be, is his ego/pride so high that he would not withdraw from something like the Masters and Augusta, does he do himself more harm by toughing it out and playing through it and save face. If his back does act up and glutes don't activate well it's a lose lose, he gets ripped on for withdrawing and saying his time is "officially" over or he plays through it and ends up hurting himself even more and his game gets ripped on again!

Unless I'm mistaken, he's never missed the cut at Augusta as a pro. He pretty much needs to be +5 or better to make the cut. I watched him chip and pitch yesterday and he looked completely different than at Torrey and Phoenix. He seems loose and in good spirits, so I think he'll play well. Maybe not contending on Sunday well, but certainly enough to make the cut
this is good news for me; I have 2 years left for a bet with a buddy of mine that tiger wins another major.

a caveat I would say to this would be, is his ego/pride so high that he would not withdraw from something like the Masters and Augusta, does he do himself more harm by toughing it out and playing through it and save face. If his back does act up and glutes don't activate well it's a lose lose, he gets ripped on for withdrawing and saying his time is "officially" over or he plays through it and ends up hurting himself even more and his game gets ripped on again!

:shake:

this is good news for me; I have 2 years left for a bet with a buddy of mine that tiger wins another major.

I have same bet, but I have until Tiger is 50. I took Tiger -150 to make cut, and Dufner +125 to miss cut. His game doesn't fit course at all, and heard yesterday that his ex was banging one of his friends. He has to be a mess right now

I have same bet, but I have until Tiger is 50. I took Tiger -150 to make cut, and Dufner +125 to miss cut. His game doesn't fit course at all, and heard yesterday that his ex was banging one of his friends. He has to be a mess right now

i like this bet, will probably tail there forgot about his marital/personal life issues

18/19 making cuts missed in 1996 shooting 75-75 http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/player_8793.html?promo=bio_playermenu

So odd to listen to local talk radio yesterday discussing Tiger Woods, the Cinderella Story

Back