Tie Issue

DJ Tanner

Go the Phillies!
I am in the semifinals in this one league and I was down 96-95 then Matt Toeaina ( who I will be sending a christmas card to ) stopped Peterson for 2 yards and brought the score down to 95-95

SO i thought that tiebreakers rule for the playoffs would be bench ( which I would win) or highest bench player( which I would win)thats how they are in my other 3 2 leagues

But there is a ton of debate going on about this and it looks like I might not win...How do you guys handle OT in the playoffs

I know it should be talked about in the beginning of the season but was not

any thoughts?

you've got to keep it to this week. i think that's most important. if you try to stretch it to another week it would completely mess with previous planned moves etc. bench players is the best way IMO. also, you could do total points scored from starters. by that i mean TDs, FGs, D/ST TDs, XPs, 2PtConvs. forget yards and calculate the score. points is what wins games...

what are the others suggesting? it should be settled by you, the opposing team, and the commish. tell everyone else to get the hell out of the conversation.

what site do you use?

Yahoos default is TDs scored by starting roster...

if thats tied it goes to QB points scored

I always did it with who had the most points during the regular season.

I agree with this method, why should someone be penalized for having injured bench players, or players that are on the bench for future matchups? Ties, suck. The only other option would be to take whoever would win if you had done fractional points.

we do most RB points as tiebreakers.

not that its the best way but it's a suggestion.

in the playoffs in one of my yahoo leagues, someone said it above

i had westbrook, i lost by 6 points b/c of that touchdown

if he scores, i tie there, and then it goes to our tiebreakers

both of us had 3 touchdowns on our starting roster

brady had 0 for me, and romo had -2 for him

so i would have won

LOL

The did a thing yesterday on ESPN that 11% of people that started westbrook lost by 5 pts or less...

SO 1/9 in people that started him got knocked outta the playoffs because of that in ESPN leagues..

LOL.

i think you have to go with what the settings are. even if they weren't stated. since it would be only your fault if you didn't know.

Thanks guys

We use sportsline for fantasy and the rule they have in their looks like for the regular season.

Neither of us had westbrook

Ok so this is how he worked it out" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
The one person who lost will play for the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> place game <O:p></O:p>
The one person who won will play for the ship<O:p></O:p>
Me and that dude will play each other again the highest score out of us, their score will go to the ship <O:p></O:p>
The lowest score will go to 3<SUP>rd</SUP> place, <O:p></O:p>
So its really like im playing 2 teams which is bull, cause if I have a lower score than the guy I have to play again but a higher score than the guy in the ship than I default to 3rd place and may lose that depending on what his score is
It sucks cause i wouldnt care if this was like under a 100 dollars but this is over 700 for 2nd and over 1000 for first

The did a thing yesterday on ESPN that 11% of people that started westbrook lost by 5 pts or less...

SO 1/9 in people that started him got knocked outta the playoffs because of that in ESPN leagues..

LOL.

11% also won because of that....

bet they love him now

yea Tanner thats lame as hell. i'd be arguing to use the sportsline rules HARDCORE. Fuck thats what the rule is there for. everyone had access to it, i don't even know why there is a case for anything else here.

Agree with Tide, got to use what default was... and if I was the guy playing you in the championship I'd be pissed because he's playing two teams as well... and the 3rd place guy is getting it easy cus he only has to beat the weaker of the two teams... Not fair at all.

That's complete BS man, I would absolutely not accept it. Like people are saying, the rules are the rules ... it should be your choice if you want to let the guy that lost the tie have a chance.

Back