Thursday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
OK fellas. Another season is upon us.

Eagerly looking forward to it.

A lot of shop responsibilities have been cutting into my time, including having to constantly watch the baseball games to deal them live after each half-inning. But I'm writing bets, and that's the goal.

UTEP enters tonight’s game at UB Stadium coming off back-to-back losing seasons and a six-game losing streak. Meanwhile, UB is coming off one of its most successful campaigns. Last season’s 5-7 showing — its best since becoming a Division I-A program nine years ago — has raised the level of expectations. Tonight’s game will be played before a crowd of more than 20,000, only raising the stakes.

The Miners are bringing 16 true and redshirt freshmen to Amherst, and coach Mike Price promises they’ll all play. He says that youth might hurt them, but these kids are talented. The Bulls return 18 starters, so they open as a small fave. But Price has new coordinators on both sides, making it tougher to figure out what the Miners will do. Gonna pass this one; need to see a game or two from each.

I call for UB to win by three.

Seems like a lot of people like Miami tonight against Vandy. I say not so fast. The Dores beat Miami last season at home, 24-13, and a similarly lower-scoring game should also give them a chance tonight. Look at the rushing disparity from last season. Hard to overcome that and be the favorite in less than 12 short months.

The talented and experienced secondary will key the defense. Cornerbacks Moore and Lewis are lockdown cover guys, and safeties Langford and Hamilton patrol the middle. I don 't expect Raudabaugh to have any success against them, and he's never proven his worth as a MAC starter to me.

The 'Dores also have talent and depth at receiver. Even without injured George Smith, they have about 6 receivers who will be in action tonight that can play in the SEC. Facing an SEC opponent at home for the first time, Miami and its fans will be revved up. It will be key to limit mistakes and weather the emotional storm Miami should have early. After that, it's still SEC against MAC.

Prediction: Vandy 19, Miami O 16

The play: Vandy plus 4 for a medium bet.

I also know a lot of people are interested in South Carolina tonight, but that seems to be a lot of points to lay with an offense as inept as this one.

Beecher is going to start, but I don't see the Cocks doing much early against a disciplined NC State defense. With Spurrier's seed sharing playcalling duties with the ol' ballcoach tonight, let's see how often they try to pound Rank and/or Davis on first down.

With Wilson getting the start tonight for the Pack, that gives them the added ability to run the ball tonight. USC does not fare as well against mobile quarterbacks as dropback passers, so if the linebackers can't keep him in the pocket then the Wolfpack should be able to score 17-20 points, which should get them the cash against the woeful USC offense.

Prediction: South Carolina 24, N.C. State 17
The play: NC State plus 14.5 for a medium bet

Tons of money has come pouring in on Wake Forest today. All I can say is: Look at Grobe's track record as a favorite - especially a road favorite. Art Briles passes his first test - covering the number in his opener.

Prediction: Wake 34, Baylor 24
The play: Baylor plus 12 for a medium bet

Initial lean was to Stanford, but have to pass it after reading Gold Sheet update...

"*Oregon State 24 - STANFORD 17--By focusing solely upon returning starters, Stanford (which returns almost all of its defensive regulars from LY) would rate edge, especially since OSU breaking in an entirely new front 7 after leading nation in rush "D" in '07. But Pac-10 insiders report Mike Riley's new defenders possess the same sort of quicks that completely overwhelmed Cardinal OL the past two seasons, and jury still out on Stanford QB Pritchard after series of uneven performances LY. As long as Beaver QB Moevao doesn't self-destruct, OSU continues recent series edge."

And lean to Middle Tennessee - would like some advice on that one, but I also want to take 7 and that number doesn't exist at this point.

GL fellas, and let's hope this year is as prosperous as 2007....

:cheers:

was just about to post wondering where you were, always a good read and good luck to us this season.:cheers::cheers:

BOL on Buffalo, Vandy and Baylor, Rex, and good health on USC.

Also hope that score comes in on the Vandy game as predicted.

on buff with ya..against ya on wake..and i was leaning on under in miami..might add that,gl

I'm on just UTEP and Vandy tonite, but I do like all your other calls.
All aboard for another season. Been reading your stuff for many years now, my friend.
GL as always.

Hey fellas. Sorry I've been busy lately. Tried to do what I could to get something knocked out today but it's been a hell of a busy time for me with it being the first season at the new shop.

Gametime in the next hour or so, so that's pretty exciting...

D-$ - I would say that gun to head, I would lay it with NW but Sutton isn't 100 percent and that concerns me.

Vandy only has 3 returning players on their offense(none of those on the o-line). playing tonight against a very solid defense. I know its SEC vs MAC but lets not forget D2 over Big Ten:bong:

:shake:

rushing disparity last year in Vandy Miami-Ohio game occurred with five different lineman on the VAndy side and MIami-Ohio returns nearly entire defense... Perhaps I am wrong but think Miami rolls here..

:cheers: Like your other thoughts and angles.. Good luck this year. I can't imagine how one could keep track of live in-game baseball lines..:shake:

Thanks fellas. Looking forward to it. Some crazy moves on these UNDERS tonight... New rules looking like they are coming into play with the wiseguys...

Buffalo open 64 down to 59 most of the day, close 56.5

Miami O 41 all day, now 38.5

USC open 50, most 46 or so, now 43.5, 44

Baylor open 52.5, now 50 or so

Stanford, open 49, now 45 and 45.5

Middle, open 58.5, now 49.5

So, to answer your question, EVERY GAME.

Bad deal.

GL big rex, hate to be against you on a couple of these but what can ya do

agree about the unders... played a couple.

just like cbb hoops season early.. linesmakers definitely inflated a couple of these lines and are trying to make up for it. serious steam money pounding these totals down.

BOL this season

Rex, apologies to use your thread, but know a lot of people (and lurkers like me) look at it alot.

Good Luck to all of us this year.

Pysched the season is here. Let's CASH IN!!!!!!

Buffalo open 64 down to 59 most of the day, close 56.5

Miami O 41 all day, now 38.5 (went over. (47)

USC open 50, most 46 or so, now 43.5, 44

Baylor open 52.5, now 50 or so (went over (54)

Stanford, open 49, now 45 and 45.5 (went Over. (64)

Middle, open 58.5, now 49.5 (under (48)

So, to answer your question, EVERY GAME.

Bad deal.

Games that finished. 3 of 4 went over. Those "Wise-Guys" didnt do real well if they bet these lines down with "under" action???

I see you posted these moves at 7:00pm or so.

I would have liked to have known this before hand myself, although I dont play many totals. Sorry I missed them.

:shake:

"*Oregon State 24 - STANFORD 17--By focusing solely upon returning starters, Stanford (which returns almost all of its defensive regulars from LY) would rate edge, especially since OSU breaking in an entirely new front 7 after leading nation in rush "D" in '07. But Pac-10 insiders report Mike Riley's new defenders possess the same sort of quicks that completely overwhelmed Cardinal OL the past two seasons, and jury still out on Stanford QB Pritchard after series of uneven performances LY. As long as Beaver QB Moevao doesn't self-destruct, OSU continues recent series edge."

:cheers:

how prophetic........Turnovers were huge - Cardinal returns INT for a TD and the stupid WR stretching out at the one yd line in the final minute............OSU was the right side...........Outgained them by 180..So nice to start the season with a crappy loss like this..........

how prophetic........Turnovers were huge - Cardinal returns INT for a TD and the stupid WR stretching out at the one yd line in the final minute............OSU was the right side...........Outgained them by 180..So nice to start the season with a crappy loss like this..........

Not sure if OSU was the right side. Stanford running game dominated OSU's front 7. That analysis was based on OSU's front 7 being able to shut down Cardinal running game. OSU amassed the yardage playing catchup, and throwing teams with mediocre QBs have higher probability of turning the ball over.

One the other hand, the offensive team fumbling a ball through the end zone rule which leads to a touchback is moronic to me. If a Stanford player would have recovered the ball in the end zone, then I could justify the touchback. However, why does a defensive team deserve to be rewarded and thus awarded possesion if none of their players recover the ball within the field of play (endzone) ??

A fairer solution to me would have been to mark the ball where the OSU WR lost posession since no one on Stanford gained possesion of the ball within the end zone before it bounced out of bounds.

Back