Thursday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Going with the host Hokies tonight fairly large. It's more along the lines of not really believing in BC moreso than actually liking VT. Sure, the Hokies love Thursdays but they have lost twice to BC in these spots, including the 22-3 embarassment last season on the road in which they literally imploded... They ended up turning the ball over four times on offense, breaking down on defense and fighting with each other on the sideline and you can bet that won't happen again.

Aside from a 48-7 trouncing at LSU in the second game of the season, Virginia Tech (6-1, 3-0 in the ACC) has shown its usual aggressive, dominating style, especially the last two weeks, which produced covering and decisive wins (41-23 and 43-14) over Clemson and Duke.

VT is playing with revenge and BC finally hits the meat of its schedule. It will be exposed as a fradulent No. 2 tonight (and I see as many as four losses for the Eagles down the stretch)...

The play: VT -3 for a big bet.

GL!

:cheers:

Any opinion on that total, ckr? Lean to the under, but can never be sure with the turnovers..

hate that you have a large bet opposite of what i got but I believe in this BC team and I am not a believer in VT, we'll see what happens.

No thoughts on AF/NM?

ETG: I made UNM seven. No real opinion side or total there.

True: I like UNDER a little but it seems like all these damn games with low totals just keep flying over...

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
True: I like UNDER a little but it seems like all these damn games with low totals just keep flying over...

I feel ya on that Rexy
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ETG: I made UNM seven. No real opinion side or total there.

ie, Auburn U42.5? :hang:

I feel ya man.. Prolly take Vtech depending on the line movement, gl today bro.

on the hokies as well CKR. best of luck. alot on tap for me tonight, sox, b's, bc game, breeders cup studying. gonna be a late one. :cheers:

feel the same as you do on this one Rex. I'm a little over Medium on this one, but not quite large. Good luck to us.

Chip - If he bet that game it was at -16. No way is there an order out there to lay 17.5

Someone was out there taking most of the 17.5s earlier.

you should be happy that VT even had 10 pts. on the scoreboard...........good ole VT alums paying off those refs again

you should be happy that VT even had 10 pts. on the scoreboard...........good ole VT alums paying off those refs again

thats true...last week I had Louisville and should have had no worse than a push with the pathetic blown call on the UCONN fair catch and then the idiots do it again last night and was expecting that call was going to screw me again as I had BC.......I honestly dont know how the refs on the field call that a TD, the official closest to the catch was blocked and asked for help and the official that said TD was 20 feet from the play...IF thats not bad enough, there was evidence to overturn it...Yet it stood as a TD...........

6 pts. would have been fine if VT had stayed in their base defense the last 4 minutes. 3 man rush is the dumbest fucking thing alive.

Fellas: I really have no idea how it turned out the way it did. I watched for 55 minutes. It was 10-0 when I left with a friend to scoop up an agent at the airport. Not surprisingly, that was a wasted trip when it turned out the flight was delayed (as were like 70 percent of them into SJO last night)...

When I called the shop, my buddy told me BC 14-10 - I thought he was pulling my leg. I'll have to watch the final five minutes but to lose a game I totally dominated for 55 minutes (of which I saw about every play) is just a head-scratcher to me. This BC team continues to win with smoke-and-mirrors and it's nothing less than amazing to me. Oh well.

Back at them for tomorrow. I'll have a Breeders' Cup thread up for today's races after bit. GL everyone...

Rex, I had BC but pretty much felt the same way (headscratching) when I heard the result. I had wrote my bet off, jumped in the shower and went out with 6min left in the 4th only to see highlights of Ryan throwing the final TD at the bar. I am looking forward to the Breeders' cup bets, I need some action today, gl

Back