Thursday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Southern Miss and Boise are about the two best non-BCS programs in the country - the proof is in the pudding...

Both teams are 2-1. Both have quality running backs. The Broncos have a better defense on paper - but have played an easier slate of offenses. This should be a good, tough game and the Eagles have great team speed, which could pose serious problems for the Broncos (as evidenced in Washington a few weeks back). The number seems extremely high, as Fletcher should be able to grind out yards and the USM defense (all four up front are seniors) should keep this competitive throughout. Call it Boise by 4.

The play: Southern Miss for a medium bet.

In the added game, I have no real opinion. I do know that all the smart money came in on Arkansas State the first time when the line was 1.5 and 2 and 2.5 - pushing it to 3 and I think even 3.5 at some locales.... This time the bookmakers wisened up, opening at 4 or so... Arky State has gotten better, while Memphis just looks bad. Still, I'm not going to bet a side that's two or three points higher than they would have been two weeks or so ago. So I pass until halftime - maybe Razor will have an opinion (and if he does, I won't hesistate to tail him)...

GL!

:tiphat:

Sir Rex,
Thank you for the confirm so miss...
just wondering when you will bring your insight to the niffell (NFL)...

Thanks for all your effort !!!!

CKR, what do u think of the under in Boise? With such a defined run game and decent speed on defense, I can't see this breaking 50 very easily..

GL Rex - I've got Arky State tonight -4, played earlier. I am leaning to a play on So. Miss.

Timmy: I need help. I am going to bet way more than I should on Maryland. Can you please figure out a way to talk me out of it?

Blue: I have no opinion on the total. At first glance, it looks like 50 is way too many. But what do I know? No real strong opinion until I watch a half, if at all...

Razor is known to old cappers as Razorback71 perhaps (Covers days)... very good friend of mine who makes random appearances around here (he's married now)...

Timmy: I need help. I am going to bet way more than I should on Maryland. Can you please figure out a way to talk me out of it?
I am still trying to get over the giveaway from last weekend. I was so fucking pissed over that, you would have thought I lost 2 dimes and I didn't have a nickel on it. Went from being totally delighted with the way they played to absolutley deflated. One big thing that happened in the 2h of that game was that MD LT Burley went out of the game with an elbow injury and they moved Randolph over to RT and put the other tackle in at RT. Randolph really struggled tyring to move to the left side and as a result Steffy had a lot of presssure in his face the rest of the day. News on Burley is he is upgraded to play which is very positive for the OL. People forget that Gaither (Ravens in supplemental draft -6th round) academic casualty was supposed to be at LT this year. That would have really made a difference with this OL but overall they're still pretty good, just don't have a lot of depth. The running game with Lattimore and Ball has been fine, but Ralph has been very conservative with the downfield passing game not utilizing our speed (Bey) as much as he should and Haynos (te) hasn't played as well so far this year. MD D is better against the run than last year's team, and Erin Henderson has been really good at LB. This is a tough bounce back situation for MD this week and will really test their resolve, but apparently they have practiced well this week. The line does seem to be pretty high here and 18.5 is tempting. I'm just worried about Steffy's confidence level after throwing that terrible pick that turned the entire game around vs. Wake.

No second half for me in the Memphis game or the Southern Miss one - but I did like the way USM took it down the field and scored... now they get the ball first, and touchdown puts them back in it...

Back