Thursday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
I'm on Oregon State for a big bet tonight. The Beavers are going to get the services of Sammie Strougher - he will be the most explosive player on the field and is capable of changing the game.

Kelly's spread offense looked good against a I-AA last week but the Beavers have played their last three games against teams that run the spread - Utah, Missouri and Hawaii - so they're not likely to be baffled by what they see from UC on offense.

The Beavers (1-0) have won five straight games dating to last season - the longest winning streak in the Pac-10 - and nine of their last 10, including a win over Southern California.

Their strength on offense is their offensive line and running back, Yvenson Bernard, who rushed for 165 yards last week against Utah and has gained more than 1,300 yards in each of his last two seasons. Bernard is one of the best running backs in Oregon State history. It'll be interesting to see how UC's front seven respond to him.

The place-kicking performance of Jake Rogers last week left much to be desired. If he misses more kicks tonight, the Bearcats will have problems. But I don't think it will come down to that. Oregon State is the better program and the better team. They will flex their muscles early and often in a double-digit victory.

Score it 27-13.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Gl 2 us rex
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DClark: Sorry I missed this earlier. I was going to say to put me in line with all the suckers and give me the OVER in the Louisville game. Unfortunately, I didn't pull the trigger. Five touchdowns in the first 4:23. Fuck me, haha

Welp, got buried under an avalanche of turnovers tonight. That muffed punt was a penalty that didn't get called. But that happens, you can't handicap turnovers...

Have to say i handicapped this game pretty much the same as you rex. held cincy to under 1 yard per rush and still get blown out. i thought beavers would have been able to run more effectively. 7 turnovers and a blocked punt tell the story. stroughters return which i expected to be a help actually hurt. he dropped a key pass in the opening series and later he muffed a kick after he was hit by a bearcat before the ball arrived. in my handicapping i had osu with a HUGE special teams advantage ....... but beavers muff a kick at the one , have a punt blocked for a td , and award nominee kicker missesa gimme while shaky cincy kicker who couldnt make an extra point hardly last week nails one of the longest field goals in bearcat history. thats football i guess. we'll get 'em next time rexy

Welp, got buried under an avalanche of turnovers tonight. That muffed punt was a penalty that didn't get called. But that happens, you can't handicap turnovers...

Turnovers always reverse momentum.

OS should be a good play over the next few weeks.

(No college plays for me last night)

:shake:

Back