ThursDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
Thanks all of the responce from yesterday. A lot going on down here at the ole hounds house and didnt have a chance to get back to u.
reg season went +13.21 post season now @ 3-1 +3.0

Thur 4:45
938 Texas Rangers* -135 vs Toronto Blue Jays x1
937 Toronto Blue Jays/Texas Rangers* Under 9½ -140 x1
I can see this Rangers game going either way.Toronto had no problem scoring runs against Hamels in last year’s ALDS, scoring nine runs (four earned) in 13.1 innings, so I feel like they can do some damage off him. Also, Estrada tossed 6.1 innings of one run ball against Texas in last year’s ALDS, and he really looked good at the end of this year, conceding just two runs in his last 19 innings pitched.
I give the Rangers a small edge in the sense they had an extra day off and with the Jays coming off such a dramatic game they might be in for a let down in game one. plus the Jays pen is drained.
Texas owning home-field advantage by finishing with the best record in the AL The Rangers are also well-rested having locked up their playoff position early and spending the last week of the regular season on cruise control.Toronto didn't clinch a Wild Card spot until the last series and needed 11 innings to beat Baltimore 5-2 Tuesday night.There's plenty of bad blood between the clubs. The playoffs last year lit the pot, with tempers boiling over in May in Arlington when Rangers second baseman Odor decked Bautista with an overhand right to the jaw.
Bautista, hit by a pitch from Bush, tried to break up a double-play with overly-aggressive slide into Odor. When Bautista rose to confront Odor, he was shoved in the chest before a punch sent Bautista's sunglasses flying.The benches cleared. Odor was suspended for seven games, while Bautista received a one-game ban. A number of players on both sides with also disciplined. So we have the revenge factor in play here also.
As far as this total, Hamels allowed 5 runs or more in 4 of his last 6 starts.
Last year against the Jays in the postseason he appeared twice and allowed 9 runs in just 13.1 innings of work.The Rangers offense is one of the best in baseball and they average over 5 runs per game at home. They could easily get to Estrada early here in this one.
Some trends to note. Over is 20-7-2 in Hamels' last 29 starts following a Quality Start in his last appearance. Over is 5-2 in Estradas last 7 starts after allowing 2 runs or less in their previous game.

I'm playing the Under on just 'feel' here knowing good annd well this could just as easily go Over

GL

935 Boston Red Sox* -133 vs Cleveland Indians x2
935 Boston Red Sox/Cleveland Indians* Over 8 -125 x2
I really like the Red Sox in this matchup. Bauer really struggled down the stretch, posting a weak 6.39 ERA over his last six starts, and has now allowed 11 runs in 7.2 career innings pitched against Boston, so I am confident the Red Sox can score some runs. Also, Porcello has had a lot of success against Cleveland, featuring a very nice 1.87 ERA over the last four seasons against Cleveland, so I am very confident he can contain the Indians lineup and lead his team to a big game one victory.
Porcello has a .290 batting average against this current Indians team and has struck out 43 batters in 238 at bats. I home teams in playoff games and you can never count out the Indians, but the Red Sox have a massive pitching advantage here.
Bauer is 10-8 with a 4.35 ERA and a WHIP of 1.301 in 28 starts this season for the Tribe. He has allowed 13 runs and 23 hits in his last three starts with 10 of those runs coming at home against Chicago and Detroit. Bauer has a tough history against Boston with a 12.14 ERA and a WHIP of 2.549 in two outings against them. Earlier this year he lost 9-1 in Boston giving up four runs and eight hits in five innings. Boston is hitting .282 this season scoring 5.4 runs per contest. Porcello is 22-4 with a 3.15 ERA in 33 starts with 18 of them going over the total. He's shown some cracks in his last two starts allowing three runs and eight hits in each contest. Porcello is 10-4 with a 3.35 ERA in 22 career starts against Cleveland. The Indians hit .287 at home scoring 5.6 runs per game there. They went over in 47 of their 81 contests in Cleveland. Boston's bullpen is good, but they also have 27 losses and 18 blown saves. These two had two overs in their three meetings in Cleveland this season. RedSox and the Over for me x2

Good job yesterday Blood! Had our first snow overnight, how's things in your mountains? Hope your feeling better old buddy

:shake:

Back