Thursday

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
YTD (30-19) 14.02 Units 61.2 %
Yestday 4-2 +2.98 Units

<O:p</O:p

In case you were wondering if the TWolves would be smart to trade for AI look no further than their 2<SUP>nd</SUP> half tonight. What a joke. Oh well. Pretty happy with a 4-1 with the Clippers pending. Just could have been so much better with the TWolves showing up 2nd half.

Thursday:<O:p</O:p

Bobcats +3.5 (-103) <O:p</O:p

The Magic have now lost 4 of 5 and are coming back to earth. Their offense has been non-existent for the last 10 games or so avg. around 86 points a game. Meanwhile they’ve been allowing teams to shoot 50% over their last 4 games. Definitely not a recipe for success. Magic are playing so poorly at the moment that they were recently twelve point favs vs the Sixers at home and could only squeeze out a 2 point victory. The same Sixers team that has been getting consistently blown out on the road and at home. <O:p</O:p

Bobcats are a much different team with Knight on the court and I think it showed last night with him racking up 14 assists. I was even more impressed with the team total of 32 assists. With Morrison coming off the bench and Wallace moved back to the small forward they seem to play much better. It’s the same team as last year that was a favorite of mine to play in certain spots. This year add Sean May who’s playing much better than Brezec and Morrison coming off the bench and it makes them a legitimate threat to win any game. <O:p</O:p

Orlando is also playing their 5<SUP>th</SUP> game in 7 days. Also this is the only road game sandwiched between 7 straight home games for the Magic. I’d imagine it’s not a travel spot that is much fun for an NBA team. <O:p</O:p

The Bobcats are also in the middle of a 6 game home stand that was interrupted by a road date at Cleveland</ST1:p. With the team finally all back together and healthy, motivation should be high to give the home fans a win.<O:p</O:p

If this goes to 4.5 I’ll play it again for a little bit more. <O:p</O:p

Rockets/Warriors O 197 (No line yet at Pinny)<O:p</O:p

Let’s see. The Warriors play absolutely NO defense. They’ve given up 113 + in five of their last six games. Only the Hornets managed to completely not show up against this D. Rockets have avg. over 100 their last five games including one of those (94, Lakers) without T-Mac. Rockets have also given up 90 or more in 4 of the last 5 so I see the Warriors being able to get theirs. With the line opening as Warriors -3.5 I really see no way this game doesn’t clear this #. Anything over 206 would scare me off. I’d say Warriors 109 Rockets 102.

Last edited:
Well I wrote this up in Word and it didn't much like the transition. Hopefully I caught all the mess ups.

Kind of forgot to add that Grant Hill is out and Jameer Nelson is day to day with a groin injury. Neither is that big of a deal, but worth a note.

Ya. You guys are right. I also forgot to list Hedu out. That card yesterday was draining. Forgeting everything at the moment. GL today.

Well it looks like Nelson is going to be OUT.

pixel.gif

Jameer Nelson (strained groin) will miss Thursday's game.
Carlos Arroyo will sub for him again. Coach Hill said he doesn't expect Nelson to be available this week.

Adding:

Bobcats ML +120 Shoudla, coulda, wished I would have played this originally when I played the +3. Oh well.

Magic had 3 assists and 9 turnovers in the 2nd half last night. IMO that's partly due to Arroyo who is a shoot first point guard. I almost feel as good about this bet as the Nuggets on Monday.

charlotte is now +1.5 it might be pick em by gametime the way its lookin

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck J! I'm with you bro!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back