Thursday TNT 14/03/13 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - THU 3/14[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 3/14[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+7.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 206 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-7.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 206 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Never bet against the Spurs off an embarassing loss. The players don't want to let Coach Pop down and feel his wrath.

If Spurs would have won last game, would have taken the Mavs. If Dallas would have lost last game, would have taken the Spurs.
Now we get a game, where Dallas know they can do something this season. Lakers lost Kobe for unknown period of time. Utah in free fall. Dallas wins and they are 2 games from the 8th seed...
On the other hand, with Heat and Thunder and Spurs so close to each other, somehow I just doubt that Spurs will let Dallas, their bitter Texan rivals get their...

Agree with almost everything you said, Divol, except I'm not sure Pop is going to worry about playoff seeding. Spurs fans seem to assume the Spurs will finish second in the West as a result of Pop resting guys down the stretch. But obviously they want tonight's game for other reasons, as you pointed out.

One thing to note is how big a role Parker has played in the three Spurs wins over Dallas this year. Parker was +65 in 92 minutes, while the Spurs were just +4 in the 52 minutes he wasn't on the court. Also, the last game (in Dallas) looks close based on the final score (113-107), but Spurs were up 20 after 3Q. So it's really been three blowouts for the Spurs over the Mavs.

Note: since Parker went out, none of Spurs games have stayed within 9.5 points of the under.

I took Under 200.5 live with 4 min to go in the 1st, but I'm smelling matters as not safe. I'm fearing OT or a massive 4th. The 2nd should have been a lot higher than 52 (was on pace for 70+). If I could, I'd hedge with a 4th qtr Over bet, but don't have the option.

I took u 200 at the same time in 1Q. Hedged a third of it at 195.5 a while back.

Just hedged half my Dal +1000 with SA -450.

Knew Spurs were f'd for the cover when the 5k on Spurs -2.5 2nd half threads went up 'across the street'...

Ball should have been in Dirk's hands. Tough loss for Dallas.

Any day other than TNT Thursday and the Spurs would have covered...

Knicks playing 8 in 12, and they're shorthanded. Keep that in mind for ingame plays. Margin should increase down the stretch.

Back