Thursday Soccer Picks

Definitely some value there in spots. Neither of my books offered a line on the US/Barbados game, which would have been nice.

I actually watched Mexico's game vs. Belize, well, the 2nd half which was all you needed to see.

Sadly, I'm against you in the Germany game tomorrow, my friend, I've also got a bit on the over 2.

Good luck with the Chilies.

=)

why Germany? Any specific reasoning.....because i was willing to throw everything on Portugal for the rest of the way. I dont think anyone can stop Ronaldo.

why Germany? Any specific reasoning.....because i was willing to throw everything on Portugal for the rest of the way. I dont think anyone can stop Ronaldo.

I think thats crazy, Podolski is questionable but even so, why Portugal? There a few teams that you always see make it out of the qaurterfinals in group stages, Netherlands, Portugal, and England. But they never do well after that or are rather questionable if they do happen to win. Portugal has coaching problems right now with there coaching taking the high road and going to chelsea after the Euro Cup (he actually admitted it was for money). Germany has good history with these guys and the teams are rather similiar to the last time theyve played (germany won).

thanks for the info. but to be honest i cant see myself betting against ronaldo.

I took this at a pick, so I can see a draw and it coming down to penalty kicks. Id still want Germany to win because unlike most, I still see them winning it all

Tough to bet against Germany but too many factors are against them at the moment. Couple of injuries, coach suspended for today's match (even though he will somehow be talking to his coaches I'm sure) and the loss to Croatia is something to think about. Too many people have given up on the Germans though and I can see them winning in PK's. Let's not forget they have one of the best keepers in the world (Lehman) too. Not sure yet. Tough game to bet on IMO.

Based on what we've seen so far, Portugal are the better side.

However, a red card or a questionable penalty can change everything.

Klose and Gomes have been really disappointing in the group stages, and it looks as though the team in general lack creativity.

I took a small crack at o2.5 (+150) on the game. If both teams were at full health, I would take a shot with Germany...however, the Germans have a few key injury concerns, while Portugal was able to rest everyone their last game vs the Swiss, so I'll pass on the side.
I like the over for a few reasons, but first and foremost, I don't trust Lehmann to make big saves. Portugal has a number of good players off set pieces, and can score on any direct kick from striking distance.
The Germans have a nice height advantage with their attack, in Gomez and Klose (who's strength is in the air) and this may help get a goal off a corner. Both teams are strong in the midfield and should be able to build the attack. If the Germans spend too much time attending to Ronaldo, Portugal has a ton of creative offensive players who will exploit any errors in marking.
I think this one is a 2-1 game, just not sure who gets the winner.

g'luck

ATP - I actually highly disagree that Lehman is one of the best, I think he might be one of the worst left in the Cup.

I think what it comes down to is Ronaldo. Does he step up i nthe big game? Yeah he played great against Chelsea, but you cant truly say any of these group stage games were truly important games. If he steps up tonight im a believer, but I believe he does a dissapearing act

Not only is Lehman one of the worst keepers in the tourney, he's also the most rusty.

Mafucker hasn't played any meaningful games at club level this whole season.

Hey bud, not too sure about the Chile pick, as I read your message on the in game. We both know that road wins will come few and far between. Any ideas why you are leaning on the Chileans?

Venezuala isnt very good but I think that Chile will get out of their with a draw, just in case they happen to win i took the pick. I could see a 2-2 sort of score because theyve had a ton of draws lately, Chiles been playing pretty well also of late

Venezuala isnt very good but I think that Chile will get out of their with a draw, just in case they happen to win i took the pick. I could see a 2-2 sort of score because theyve had a ton of draws lately, Chiles been playing pretty well also of late

Wow pretty much right on the money with that but ended up with the win, I was really pissed up until the 91st minute.

Back