Thursday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Ottawa blows 2 goal lead again, Panthers lose in a shootout. 1-2 on the day. Onto Thursday.

Sides 19-17 +3.19unit
Totals 33-32-6 +1.37unit
YTD 52-49-6 + 4.56 unit

Toronto / Boston under 6 +113

Leafs head out on the road and will have to make some serious line adjustments without Sundin in the lineup for the next month. Typically I like to play unders the first few games in these circumstances and I think this sets up nicely. Sundin is the guy who makes the PP unit tick and puts all those passes right on the tape of Tucker on the doorstep. Who will that be now? Teams can concentrate on the point on the PK vs the Leafs. For all that though, the Leafs are playing better defense of late, allowing just 2 goals a night in their last 5, allowing more than 2 just once during that span. Under was 6-2 last season and all types of under trends in the matchup. Toivenen going down makes it fairly certain it will be Raycroft / Thomas.

Washington +160

Really not sure what is making Carolina this big a fave in this game other than the aura of the Capitals as a bad team. Well, they score more overall, in h/a splits and the same in the last 5. The Caps play better defense overall, h/a splits and the only part they are worse is the last 5. Their PP is about even compared to the PK. Capitals are 7-3-2 last 12 in Carolina.

Columbus / St Louis under 6

Both teams are scoring under 3 a night, actually under 2.5 a night. Columbus is under 2 on the road at 1.8, 2 in their last 5. St Louis is scoring 2.9 at home and 2.8 last 5. In a nutshell, you have to put the puck in the net, no matter what the opponents do and neither team is doing that this season. CLB is kiling penalties well lately at 94% in their last 5 and even still St Louis has just 3 PP goals in their last 5 games. Both teams get undre 30 shots a night on net, not really condusive for a fast flowing high scoring game on paper. So I'll play the under.

Dallas -0.5 -113

PHX even though they won their last game is still the same team who is giving up 4.5 goals a night, facing a team who is giving up under 2 a night and scoring just under 3. PHX scores 2.6 a night and is struggling to find any offensive flow all season. Cujo has gotten pulled in each of his last 2 starts and I dont expect the Stars to let up on him one bit. Good team vs bad team.

Thats all.

GL everyone:cheers:

Forgot one...

Vancouver +128

Think this sets up nicely as from the games I have watched, Anaheim has been 'scraping' by with the wins, they come in tonight playing 3 lesser teams on the eastern conference and go out into BC to play Luongo and the Canucks coming off a nice victory over Dallas.

Santa- I like your picks! I agree with your reasoning on the Caps and the Canucks. Good Luck tonight!

Thu. 9 at Vancouver
Fri. 10 at Calgary
Sun. 12 Minnesota
Wed. 15 Philadelphia
Fri. 17 Chicago
Sun. 19 Phoenix

Unless VAN do it tonight, I really only see grounds for saying Minny can inflict the Ducks first regulation loss over their next 6 games. I also think this run is in place because they've had so many home games (come PHX, it'll be 14 of 21) to start the season (as well as the fact of the nature of much of their opposition). Thats not under selling their strength as a team, but I'll be joining you on VAN as just my 2nd bet of the NHL season.

GL, tonight, Santa!
I am totally staying away from the game in Boston, will just watch.
Tailing your other plays!

Cass - thanks man. GL tonight

Ret - glad you like those 2. GL

BC - yeah, I cant remember what thread I mentioned it in pre season, but going over the scheds for each team in October they stuck out as having the easiest with regards to travel / teams coming to them ie those eastern confernce last week. Lets get your second winner man. GL

Turkey - and me with you. Thanks. GL

Dreamer - understandable. THomas let in some chippies in the first, but I like the Leafs defensive style right now. THanks. GL

Orange - Lets sweep em up. GL:cheers:

Back