Thursday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
well, well, well... finally hockey season is back upon us. Things didnt go as well as I hoped / wanted last season, but thats that year we're off to 2008-09. Not much stats of course, just plays right now.

Sides 0-0
Totals 0-0
YTD 0-0

Boston / Colorado over 5.5 +104

Colorado has been scoring and allowing goals all pre-season, they've also allowed 3 or more in all but 1 of their pre season games. Of course pre season doesnt matter come this time, but it lends credence to my thoughts on Budaj being a bad goalie... and Raycroft in behing him doesnt help matters for the Avs this season, they still have some offensive punch. Boston comes in with some high expectations from myself, but I want to see how they do on the road to start it off.

Toronto / Detroit under 5.5

Leafs will lack any semblance of offense all year, they dont have a first line centre, let alone a first line... they have lost some of their edge, and have more a stay at home defensive position mindset and that is bolstered with having Schenn up, he's a positional player. Toskala in net will be steady as usual and he showed some good poise in the preseason. Detroit IMO will need a little while to recover from the cup hangover, and having the banner go up might take a little edge off them in the game.

Calgay +120

Vancouver is going to be in a transition this season, they lost their scorer to the Rangers and before that they lost offense last season struggling to find goals. Calgary is an improved team who should battle for the division. IMO midway this season CGY is favored so I'll take the dog.

GL everyone
icon14.gif

Last edited:
Looking good. I am always leary to play a lot during the first couple of weeks, before lines settle. There's always a lot of line shifting during pre-season, which also opens up play a little more than normal.

I like Boston/Colorado OVER here as well, especially with Colorado's defensive woes, and unsure goal tending.

Also playing the Flames, as I think that the Nucks have lost a lot of punch up front, after the stellar 1st line. Will be very interesting to see what the Flames can do, after adding some offensive power.

gluck santa, like the over and calgary play, haha on proline it's 6.5 for detroit

Charvik - no doubt about the finding themselves, lines etc. GL tonight

GSRO - thanks, you too. GL

Cat - you too man, although not on the over, lol. GL

gl this season santa

like the Iginla play myself...

hope my B's are ready to make a step up this year

what...no flyer on your hometown team at the Joe?!?!? ;)

HWg - thanks man. GL

Jump - right back atcha.

Grind - thanks. GL

Ret - kinda want to see the lineups click first. They look solid in their own end tonight and the 1-2-2 will take a little time. GL

Pucks - thanks, gl

Tru - thanks, GL

GSRO - sure are playing well right now in the first 2... lets see what kinda style they employ down the 3rd. GL

REt - lol, Leafs played a good trapping game, made the Wings turn the puck over and into uncharacteristic mistakes. Leafs gonna win the cup, lol.

REt - lol, Leafs played a good trapping game, made the Wings turn the puck over and into uncharacteristic mistakes. Leafs gonna win the cup, lol.
lol...i wonder how many fans are going crazy right now @ dundas square after winning one game :|.. one game at a time, but they looked darn good playing the trap....

Back