Thursday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Mike, Yanks, Steel - thanks fellas. GL tonight:cheers:

2-0 last night which is always nice, but that was yesterday. No sides tonight as alot of them seem to be juiced too high, but 'should' win.

Sides 1-0 +1 unit
Totals 1-0 +1 unit
YTD 2-0 +2 unit

Tampa Bay / Atlanta under 6.5

I think this total is a bit too high all things considered. Atlanta will be rolling 3 totally revamped lines from last year. With the loss of Marc Savard Kovalchuk has to re-learn his line mates etc. Backstopping the Thrashers is Kari Lehtonen who many are predicting big things from this season, he came into his own last year with an impressive 2.94 GAA. His counter part tonight is new addition Marc Denis from the Blue Jackets who comes in with a 2-1-0 record with a 2.71 goals against average and .919 save percentage during preseason action. Think this game sees alot of lines trying to figure each other out. Mid season, we will see if a 6.5 is warranted, right now, not in my books.

New York Rangers / Washignton under 6.5

Unders in MSG was 30-12 last yr incl the playoffs and if anything they have helped out in their defensive zone coverage with guys who will clear the puck and block shots for Lundqvist who for all intents and purposes is healthy again and ready for the year. The forwards while skilled and fast have been taught by the coaches the defensive zone coverage and have a very good PK unit. Caps still lack depth in scoring to give Ovechkin that support and pretty much have 'one guy' not one line. Kolzig is looking to rebound from a poor year last year and from what I have read he is looking alot better.

Phoenix / NY Islanders over 6.5 +109

The addition of Jovanovski to the Yotes blue line will help the scoring from the blue line as well as increase an already fast team the Coyotes have. THey should see alot of break outs and against the Islanders who IMO lack a good defensive unit on the blue line but do have scorers who can put the puck in the net. From what I can recall of CuJo he typically takes a bit of time to get into form and that should be the case this year. DiPietro is still an over 3 GAA type of goalie and I dont see this changing. Both special teams saw bolstering on the PP but losses on the PK IMO.

Thats it, might make a play or 2 when starting goalies are announced for the teams on B2B's

GL everyone:cheers:

Congratulations on last night's wins, Santacapper!
dollars.gif

Sooner - thanks man. GL tonight

Adding

Minnesotta -0.5 -102

Thats it for tonight.

GL Everyone:cheers:

LOL. Looks like we have the same thoughts again today... That is usually a good thing. I have the same plays, with some variety, but they all look great to me.

Good luck! :cheers:

Pretty solid card (not sure of ATL Under) but the rest make sense..gongrats on the 2-0 start!

Great start...great write-ups...and GL tonight. I may have to dabble some quarters units on these

Satyr - sounds like a plan. GL

Jump - appreciate it. Hope it turns out as good as it looks. GL tonight

Charvik - never a bad thing thats for sure. Thanks. GL

Liquid - just not sure where the depth and scoring will come from on both sides. They will both have offensive prowess, but I think about a month in. GL tonight.

BAR - thanks, thanks, and thanks:cheers: GL

Preds are looking good and I still need to review a few others. Be careful on the Isles over since this will be Nolan's first game behind the bench (some coaches are stuck in the old style mentality) and he may want to play it safe out the gates....just a thought.

GL tonight bro:drink::cheers:

mcm481 said:
Preds are looking good and I still need to review a few others. Be careful on the Isles over since this will be Nolan's first game behind the bench (some coaches are stuck in the old style mentality) and he may want to play it safe out the gates....just a thought.

GL tonight bro:drink::cheers:

I hear ya on the Isles total, from what I know about the Isles front office, Nolan doesnt have much say :36_11_6: BUt in all seriousness I like the Coyotes team speed to dictate the pace tonight... Preds are going to be a tough team, home ice is always big there.

Did you see that goal in the SO last night:bow:

GL

FOndy - thanks man, same to you. GL:cheers:

Back