Thursday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
1-1-1 on the night, managed to win a little on the juice. NJ style surprised me, the checking line getting the first 2 goals never helps on the other side. Onto tonight

Totals 15-11-3 +4.06
Sides 6-4 +3.38
YTD 21-15-3 +7.44

New Jersey / Philadelphia over 5.5

Both teams over 3 goals a night on the year, Philly over 4 goals a night and can score in bunches as was seen vs Atlanta the other night. Playing the Thrashers and Isles will certainly help your home defensive numbers. NJ PK is woeful at the moment at under 70% and Philly should be able to take advantage.

NY Rangers -118

GM stepping behind the bench on an interim basis I will still play the better team at a short price. Thrashers are still a team misguided by alot of quotes I've read. Show me you can win first. Rangers completely dominated the Thrashers in the playoffs last year, and just got better in the offseason. Thrashers can't score this year... 1.5 on the season so far, their PP is at 7.7 %

NY Islanders / Washington under 5.5

Washington has allowed 2.4 goals a night, Kolzig has a GAA of 1.33 on the young season, and in 38 career games vs the Islanders a GAA of 2.24. Islanders #'s are a bit skewed with Dubliewicz getting shelled by the Leafs 8-1, other than that game they have given up 12 goals in the 5 other games including 4 against the Sabres to open the year. Under is 1-4 in Caps games and 2-4 in Isles games.

Boston -111

Nice price IMO. Fatigue shouldnt be an issue coming home for Boston as they haven't played since Saturday. Thomas is playing real well while Fernandez' tries to find his game with a GAA under 2 and a 2-1 record. I dont think we have a true indication of TB play seeing FLA twice, ATL and NJ to begin the year. TB lost their only road game thus far to FLA and looked real sloppy for the most part of the night. TB are 1-12-4 in the last 17 meetings in Boston, are 7-22-5 in the last 34 meetings overall.

Edmonton / Phoenix under 5.5

Both teams sctruggling to score, hovering around 2. 3 road games for the Oilers showing 3 goals for. Lot of firepower missing for the Oilers, PK hitting at 5.7% last 5 games, hard to imagine that being an improvemen on the year but it is as they are just 4% on the season with the man advantage.
GL everyone:cheers:

Last edited:
Good luck tonight Santa!

What do you think of NJ over PHL?
I'm leaning on NJ right now as I think they played a solid game versus PIT last night. I don't understand also why the line is so high for PHL when I feel PIT is a better team and also NJ showing a history of completely dominating the Flyers.

BOS and NYR were one of my plays as well. I'm not sure how ATL will respond after firing their coach but their team is playing some uninspiring hockey right now. The only thing that concerns me is that the Rangers have been of for 4 days now and they may be sluggish tonight.

DX, I've seen the game last night so I can say a few words. All NJ did was open the game in a solid manner, but after that the Pens managed to dominate whenever they weren't shorthanded. Let me tell you some of those calls were dubious at least, not to mention Malkin's disallowed goal for 4-3 Pens AND a penalty for too many men on the ice...

The Pens screwed up that game, I wasn't that impressed by NJ, even though some credit has to be given of course.

Anyways, good luck tonight Santa, leaning several of your plays there.

:cheers:

DX - they have a good history in Philly, but padded it last year vs the Flyers. They did play well vs Pitt last night but allowed a few real quick goals and a couple bounces the other way early could have meant disaster for them IMO. I will just stick to the total. GL

Satyr - Onto tonight. Thanks. GL

Added some thoughts as I got time around lunch today

GL everyone

any thoughts on Panthers/Leafs? These Laughs are such a hit or miss bro i don't know what to do. Should i just be the over every game considering they have defensemen that can "score" lol

Mike - like you said hit and miss man. I cant play em, nor fade me because they do have the potential to score. Vokoun looked real good vs MTL and won that game by himself. Fla has some size / speed. I'll just watch and see how badly McCabe gets booed, lol. GL

Rangers play is solid in my opinion, I don't know how or when Atlanta can stop the bleeding even with a new coach tonight.

Cat- not the time tonight vs a team like the Rangers who have not played up to potential right now, and we're gettinga good price based on that IMO. GL

El - while my stress level will be mad, I'll be fine with that, lol. GL tonight

Back