Thursday Playoffs Pick & Roll

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
169-140-3 YTD

18-13-1 Playoffs YTD

Playoffs have been good I have managed to hit some big winners, and managed my losses well.

Still have my Cavs series bet alive. They have game 6 & 7 to finish this bitch off. I managed to see most of game 5, and I thought the Cavs played pretty poorly. Me thinks one of the next 2 games we will see LBJ go off, and carry his team to victory.

Game 6

Philly/Detroit U 178 (3.5 units) For EH

Philly's spirit has died! During the halftime of Game 4 was a serious wake up call for Detroit, they were down by 10 and in danger of being down 3 games to 1. When the light clicked on and they realized they need to come out and play. They need to address what has made them one of the best teams in the league the last 6 years......there DEFENSE. Since being down 10 in game 4 at halftime they have allowed Philly to score 19.5 pts per quarter since.

Like I stated above I really think Detroit ends this series tonight. Orlando finished off there series with Toronto on Monday. Orlando is a year improved, and with a little more experience....and not to mention Dwight Howard has played 5 full/complete playoff games.

First team to 85 wins this game. Detroit 86-Philly 80.

Game 1
Total 176 Phi 90 - Det 86

Game 2
Total 193 Det 105/Phi 88

Game 3
Total 170 Phi 95 - Det 75

Game 4
Total 177 Det 93 - Phi 84

Game 5
Total 179 Det 98- Phi 71

Also here are some factors regarding Detroit in Elimination Games since the 2003/2004.

In 88 playoff games in this time period Detroit has gone under the total 48-37-3....54%

In 18 elimination games whether won/lost they are 13-5....72% to the under.

Listed below are some of there stats taken from the 2007/2008 Regular Season.

In 4 Regular Season games this year

Here are your final scores

11-23-07 Det 83- Philly 78 Total 161
1-23-08 Det 86 - Philly 76 Total 162
3-12-08 Philly 83 Detroit 82 Total 165
4-9-08 Philly 101- Detroit 94 Total 195

Average amount scored by Detroit 86 Philly 84.5

Now throw out the last game they played where Rip sat, Sheed played less than 20, and Billups played under 30.

The last 10 games these two teams have played

Detroit average score 91.5

Philly average score 86.5

Gl Fellas:cheers:

thanks marlo. your last total cashed. don't see why this one doesn't either. this will be my only play tomorrow. lol. i'm on it.

the 3.5 messing me up. can you use your normal terminology? huge play? normal play? bigger than smaller play but less than normal? more than normal but less than big play?

Marlo Stanfield said:
Now throw out the last game they played where Rip sat, Sheed played less than 20, and Billups played under 30.

The last 10 games these two teams have played

Detroit average score 91.5

Philly average score 86.5

Gl Fellas:cheers:

Yes, great research. GL with your play.

I'm just wondering ... the line (178 and +/-5) seems to agree with your thinking. It's exact. So, I don't see where the edge is on anything (even though I lean Philly +5). And I know one can drive themselves crazy thinking about OT, but I'm just wondering when the next one is. Also, none of the elimination games have gone over yet. So, it gets a bit scary.

Again, GL, and thanks for your insights.

Yes, great research. GL with your play.

I'm just wondering ... the line (178 and +/-5) seems to agree with your thinking. It's exact. So, I don't see where the edge is on anything (even though I lean Philly +5). And I know one can drive themselves crazy thinking about OT, but I'm just wondering when the next one is. Also, none of the elimination games have gone over yet. So, it gets a bit scary.

Again, GL, and thanks for your insights.

Play you bring up a great point with the highlighted text above. My edge here and the reason I'm betting this game is the way Detroit completely turned the tables in this series in the 2nd half of Game 4. Everyone has started to play DEFENSE, not just Tayshaun. This Philly team has heart, but there a year or two away (as well as a player or 2) from making a significant run in the East. Detroit is getting old, and they have a pretty solid team in Orlando just waiting for them. Detroit ends this series tonight, with there Defense and gets ready for Orlando in a rematch from last seasons opening round. All of the totals have either gone just over, or skimmed under for the exception of game 2.

I'm also factoring in the recent trends of elimination games in past playoffs as well as current playoff elimination games that have been played.

If this game was in Detroit it would be a bigger bet for me.

Great research. Def the only play on the total in this game.

Thanks Al, def think your boys get it done tonight. I think the next series will be a battle for 6- maybe 7 games.....unless Chauncey does what he does against ORlando.

Well to be honest with you were screwed they put in the scrubs in the 4th quarter and all they do is shoot.

Great win...it was close but still right call..Philly barely broke 30 in first half

Nice going, Marlo. The fact the lowest score in a Detroit win prior to game 6 was 177 pts put me off this one (so little room to win with - well, that was room enough in the end, lol).

3 jack and cokes. 2 crown and cokes. 4 shots of patron. 2 shots soco lime. 1 shot red snapper.

couldn't find fatty.

^^^^

I will ignore the 2nd statement. Sounds like a 1 unit night after it was all said and done with w/o the happy ending.

Back