Thursday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Well heres hoping I break out of my slump tonight. Buffalo is toast. Plus this is a winning spot for Ottawa and a losing spot for Buffalo.

Ottawa Senators -0.5 2.050
Ottawa Senators -1.5 2.830 :cheers:

Thanks guys, going with an oldie and a goodie: some Phoenix road magic for tonight.

Phoenix Coyotes ML 2.030

:Tumbleweed2:

Maybe not the best way to end a bad streak but Im ending up playing a lot today. The rangers are in a bit of a losing spot today, and NJ hasnt lost 5 in a row all year. And Huet is starting against Tampa Bay. Dangerous game but Huet is 7-1 on Thursdays and considering whats at stake for the caps, I think they get it done.

New Jersey Devils ML 2.120
Washington Capitals -0.5 2.130 :shake:

Huet is 7-1 but with a .896 sv percentage. Montreal hardly ever loses on the road on Thursday. Washington with Johnson and Kolzig is 2-8 last 10 on the road on Thursday. Not saying you will lose just that you should try and match a good record with a good save percentage. GL

Huet is 7-1 but with a .896 sv percentage. Montreal hardly ever loses on the road on Thursday. Washington with Johnson and Kolzig is 2-8 last 10 on the road on Thursday. Not saying you will lose just that you should try and match a good record with a good save percentage. GL

Yeah I hear you Tuck. Montreal allowed more than 3 goals 3 times on Thursdays: New jersey scored 3 (habs got the win), Ottawa 4 (Lost) and Washington 5 (lost in OT)...But like I said its a dangerous game, ultimately I think the caps are a different team than the one that made those trends, and that Ramo is in nets for Tampa, and his % for the season at home is .895 and .876 on Thursdays. Also Washington hasnt played on the road on thursdays since Jan 3rd. GL

So to finalize

Ottawa Senators -0.5 2.050
Ottawa Senators -1.5 2.830
Phoenix Coyotes ML 2.030
New Jersey Devils ML 2.120
Washington Capitals -0.5 2.130 (for the brave)

Good luck to all.

Only fate prevented me losing with the Senators. I still followed the game, and my observation is the same as it always is for the shit they pulled - why do teams try and nurse home leads so far out from the end of a game?

As for Jersey, how bad are they? They allow not 1 but 2 Ranger PP goals. Anyone tells me before that game begins they outscore NYR 5-on-5 and I'm on it like stink on shit.

Thanks Tolkien...0 for 5. Sorry for the stinkers lately. Im calling it quits for the regular season.

Catfood quitting at least for a few days is probably a good idea. Gambling is pressure. 2 days ago I picked 2 sides neither came close. I played no sides Thursday. The only safety is to play teams with a purpose playing in good form. Period. No exceptions. The Ottawa game---last 20 at home they have covered the run line 3 games and su were 10-10. They are a junk team the same as Buffalo.
Washington was by far the best team you bet on. They won but you are unwilling to play ml and after no ties in their first 14 like most of the playoff teams since then 19 ot games. The .5 plays are a diminishing value. Simple reality is Washington, the Rangers, Pitt and the Sharks were the 4 teams playing in best form Thursday And they all won. We collectively need to wipe our faces and refocus. This is a time for su bets, Good dog plays and probably simply ml fav parlays. Its not the beginning of the season. We have to adjust. BOL

sound words, tuck, except the Rangers sans a functioning PP can't be labeled as playing good (playing ok, yeah, but not good). They just happened to pull a couple of PP goals out of their asses, goals which decided the game (2-3 in that game, after going 2-46 their previous 14 games - um, where were those PP goals when I had them against Philadelphia? is Biron better than Brodeur? Jersey's defense worse than Phillys?).

As for the Sens play, Buffalo is dead (ps wise), and was so before that game, but OTT decided to play silly buggers the last 1/6th of that game instead of continuing to play the way had for their previous 3 1/2 periods vs Buffalo (play which had netted 8 goals in that space of time). Doesn't matter who you have in goal, or how well any team is playing, if you willingly sit on defense for an age trying to nurse home a 1 goal lead, odds are pretty good you'll pay the price for such stupidity.

Habs tomorrow? BUF won only because of sheer stupidity on OTT's part. B2B facing a rested road team which itself has this as their game in hand over the team 1 point ahead of them for the #1 seed in the EC standings. BUF 0-12 last 12 games they've scored 3 goals or less, vs a team who have given up more than 3 regulation goals just once in their last 9 games (and that once was only when they had a 6 goal lead, hence could be excused for nodding off mentally to do so).

Last edited:
Jersey was on a 4 game losing streak. Very normal for Broduer who always has a tough time March. Yes Buffalo is garbage but that does not take the warts off Ottawa. For years Ottawa was the best team in Canada. Somehow that seems to put blinders on people. Theit goalies are second rate power play weak and chances of doing well post season almost none. I regularly play Toronto, Oilers, Calgary and Montreal and in the last month and a half Ottawa 1 time which lost. Unlikely to bet them again this season.

I dont regret last nights picks, I know some excellent hockey people that were on them as well. End of seasons are typically hard so before I give back everything to Pinnacle, I think its better to stop a bit. Usually I wake up, look at at the lines at Pinnacle and within 2-3 minutes I got all my picks done, but lately Ive been looking at stats etc cause the games are harder to call and a lot of lines are late in arriving. But hey Im not whining or complaining, its been a good season :shake:

Last edited:
its been a good season :shake:

And that's rather an understatement. +75 units or so while almost always risking just one unit is spectacular, one of the best performances I have seen in my (admittedly not very long) internet forum "career"..
If you don't mind asking, for how many years to you already cap NHL, and what where your previous results?

And that's rather an understatement. +75 units or so while almost always risking just one unit is spectacular, one of the best performances I have seen in my (admittedly not very long) internet forum "career"..
If you don't mind asking, for how many years to you already cap NHL, and what where your previous results?

Thanks for the kind words preussen. I started online at the end of last year's regular season about and had a rough time mostly because of discipline. This was my first full year online, tracking and all. Im not new to gambling hockey though, been many years. I think I still need to work on discipline, 300+ games is too much, next year I think Ill drop a lot of western conference games:cheers:

great stuff indeed this season Cat. So are you coming back for the playoffs? :)

drop in with the thoughts occasionally even before will ya;) :D

great stuff indeed this season Cat. So are you coming back for the playoffs? :)

drop in with the thoughts occasionally even before will ya;) :D

Of course Ill be here for the playoffs, Im still here, I havent left. I still had a few mini plays last night and did alright, Im just not posting them cause theyre insignificant and I hate posting a losing night more than losing the money itself and I don't want to drag anybody down with me lol. It is a hard time for juiceless plays.:cheers:

Back