Thursday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Well tough loss last night with Pittsburgh. Fleury is a number 2 goaltender, I think that Pittsburgh will have a rough go of it this year as their division got tougher, but anyway onto tonight.

Philadelphia -1.5 2.520

Got to like the devils to lose in this spot. NJ on a b2b and some slight travel.

NY Islanders ML 2.350

Good value for a team that is better than the Caps in my opinion. They severely outplayed the caps last time around and had nothing to show for it.

Montreal ML 2.780

Price is starting and I never seen a goalie go into the butterfly so fluently, its very hard to bet against him once you've seen him play (not that I would bet against the habs cause I don't but...). I think the Habs can bounce back on the road from two home losses and hopefully the Sens are slugs from their 5 days off. I cant pass up the value here even though the sens are a juggernaut. GL Everyone.

Philly & Isles, let's do this!

Btw I would take Ottawa if I had to choose, they're too physical for Montreal I think.

Thanks guys, Satyr and Mago, I know Montreal is a homer bet but they can play tight defense. I think they can keep it close, if they do, anything can happen.

definitely, they can defend, but I can't disregard the lack of size in the Habs' squad, I think they'll have similar problems as last year, having a lot of fast skaters, who have their strengths and weaknesses, I think Sens exploit that tonight.

Btw Habs are one of my fav teams and I hate the Sens so there ya go :D.

definitely, they can defend, but I can't disregard the lack of size in the Habs' squad, I think they'll have similar problems as last year, having a lot of fast skaters, who have their strengths and weaknesses, I think Sens exploit that tonight.

Btw Habs are one of my fav teams and I hate the Sens so there ya go .

Oh I definitely agree that Montreal's lack of size will do them in eventually, but only when the games increase in importance and the play becomes tighter later in the year, just like last year; the habs were first overall at some point last year, and I dont mean in first after the first 3-4 games either :D. However the defense is playing a lot better and tougher than I expected so far. The habs do need some size badly up front.

Cat,
i think the key way for Montreal to win would be hoping those Sens are a little rusty. These long lay offs aren't really a good sign. However, I cannot go against the home team in a series like this. GL

Thanks guys, well I went 3-1 for the night, the habs lost but the damn game was winnable, Ottawa powerplay 17 seconds into the game, eventually a pp goal, the refs drive me nuts when they do that, when they make a team start behind the 8-ball early like that grrrrr but 3-1 so I wont complain.

Back