Thursday Pick

catfood

Flying Frenchman
San Jose Sharks ML 2.100 :shake:

I think Nabokov has some atoning to do after that 3rd period debacle against the Islanders.

I foresee a letdown for the habs against Columbus on Saturday. Im thinking about Montreal in regulation tonight, thoughts?

Ironic that yesterday I was talking about the impact of Marleau and he ended up playing and having a PP assist. Of course, he was still -1 for the night but there may be a link to his presence and the PP team's effectiveness. I like this play , I think this is the game they targeted for a W when they threw the rook out there last night. San Jose is a good road team playing a banged up Philly squad that is in a tailspin. SJ a pretty solid 7-4 on b2b and 4-2 after L.

GL to ya(us)

I foresee a letdown for the habs against Columbus on Saturday. Im thinking about Montreal in regulation tonight, thoughts?

For what it's worth on Conklin:

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg4" align="left"><td>Category</td><td>GP</td><td>W</td><td>L</td><td>T</td><td>OT</td><td>MINS</td><td>GA</td><td>SO</td><td>GAA</td><td>A</td><td>PIM</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">Before All-Star Break</td><td>15</td><td>10</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>852</td><td>28</td><td>2</td><td>1.97</td><td>0</td><td>4</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">After All-Star Break</td><td>9</td><td>6</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><td>523</td><td>22</td><td>0</td><td>2.52</td><td>1</td><td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg4" align="left"><td>Category</td><td>GP</td><td>W</td><td>L</td><td>T</td><td>OT</td><td>MINS</td><td>GA</td><td>SO</td><td>GAA</td><td>A</td><td>PIM</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">Home Games</td><td>13</td><td>10</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>757</td><td>23</td><td>2</td><td>1.82</td><td>1</td><td>2</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">Road Games</td><td>11</td><td>6</td><td>2</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><td>618</td><td>27</td><td>0</td><td>2.62</td><td>0</td><td>2</td></tr></tbody></table>

Some telling stats for a goalie, especially a backup thrown into the spotlight. The AS Break stat leads me to believe he was probably playing over his head for awhile and is coming back down to earth. The home/away is pretty self-explanatory, but telling nonetheless. Montreal is playing well lately, but what I wonder is if the comeback win against NYR will leave them spent or hungry for more? From a statistical standpoint Montreal looks solid, especially given the injuries that Pitt is dealing with and the 2 of 3 they have already taken from Pitt this year.

Great info Herm. I agree Conklin was playing over his head, hes been streaky like that in the past as well. But I could see Therrien starting Sabourin, and you know you cant ever underestimate the possibility of a french canadian goalie (backup or whatnot) to come into Montreal and steal the game. Its happened so many times before.

Well I just read something interesting in some BlueJackets blog by the reporter that follows them around. Hitchcock has let the team practice alone in Ottawa without any coaches on the ice, a tactic that has been succesful for Hitchcock in the past. And so with that and the trend I mentioned up above.

Columbus BlueJackets ML 3.250

Well I just read something interesting in some BlueJackets blog by the reporter that follows them around. Hitchcock has let the team practice alone in Ottawa without any coaches on the ice, a tactic that has been succesful for Hitchcock in the past. And so with that and the trend I mentioned up above.

Columbus BlueJackets ML 3.250

Well odds on Ottawa really to low! I think it's good option to try Columbus with these odds. BOL Cat!

The reason that tactic is succesful I think is because Hitchcock is one very annoying man. And I guess the prospect of being rewarded with not having him around if they win is enough motivation lol

I cant pass the fact that the Islanders are +money at home against Tampa Bay. Tampas been good on the road lately but I think thats as good as it'll get for them this season.

NY Islanders ML 2.050

Looks like Sabourin is going instead of Conklin now for sure. He's been much better on the road and as you mentioned seems to be headed back into his native territory. Looks like you were right with your earlier thought.

What's this trend?

Well in keeping track of teams that are in the 4+r-1h-1r situation. Columbus is in it right now...The road team before coming home into that crux home game...Oddly enough, the before last road game -the road team is 10-2 and the last road game -the road team is 8-4.

Took The Isle's! Thanks. Nice 1-0 Win...

Sharks Win...

Columbus Down 1 In The Third...

Let's Go Jackets!:smiley_abcs:

Let's Go Jackets!:smiley_abcs:

Let's Go Jackets! :smiley_abcs:

I split my bet on that game between ML a 2 and 3 game parlay and all hit..I think I soiled my drawers.:cheers:

Thanks Reveal and Devil :cheers: It had been a long while since I had a 3 game sweep....3-0 (+4.4)

Back