Thursday Pick

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Ottawa Senators -1.5 2.480

Ottawa showed a lot of spunk in the third period against Montreal. Heatley is rumoured to return tonight, and Alfie Saturday. Mood is good in Ottawa about that. Ottawa should roll tonight I think.:cheers:

Any thoughts on Toronto. I know Price has done well against this team and I know they won consecutive games at home facing them last time. But after that 8-0 disaster I am wondering about this one. Do not have any real feel for the strength of the remaining Toronto team. If the team is dead no point to giving away money but am not sure about the new players.

Well Price was just called up from the minors just for this game I think, and probably will go back again before the year is over just so he can be busy...He's done well his last few games in Hamilton, but yeah aint no way Im touching this game. Its a rivalry and Toronto has the bad habit of getting up for games against Ottawa and Montreal and theyre off an 8-0 trashing. Hamrlik is out with the flu, hes the quiet 22+minutes essential stalwart defenceman, Bouillion is also questionable (hes one of the few that can drop the gloves, a gritty semi policeman if you will). Also Toronto- Carolina is another- is the type of team Montreal has trouble against: heavy fore-checking types. Im not saying the habs cant win here but Toronto should be very physical and throw everything they have at the habs. These games are always very close. So for me Im not going against a wounded animal at these odds tonight and it could be a looking ahead to the sens spot too.

Spezza instead of shooting at the empty net passes to Heatley at the blue line who prepares to shoot at an empty net but fans on it...The night is going to the crapper.

0-3. Frustrating night as I talked myself out of my initial choices which ended up being winners but isnt that always the way.

Back