emkee

The Truth Is Out There
13-17 (-7.76)

Grinding, still...

New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers

The play...

Saints ML -143 (2.86 to win 2)

Playing the number.

Harder to get up on a short week off a gut wrenching last minute loss than a 2nd half blowout.

Uncertainty on the Panthers' O-line a big deal.

:shake:

Trust the Saints run game more than the Panthers run game.

Aside from all the negative road numbers for New Orleans, the Saints are top 5 in the NFL in yards per play, yards per rush, third-down conversion percentage and points per game. Panthers' defense is bottom 5 in all those areas.

Carolina just drafted an offensive lineman off the Rams practice squad. That O-line is a wreck and it showed last week vs a declining defense whereas I believe the Nawlins' D is on the up.

In general, teams tend to come out flat after playing the current Superbowl champs.

Will pretty much always go ML on a -3 or less spread given the 'bad history' of non-covers on these particular lines, do think the Saints get over that road hump somewhat convincingly tonight though.

Thinking the same on a few points. On the saints as well. Last week I believe will show a little in tonights game. Panthers keep it within distance first half. Seeing saints pull away second half. BOL

Not vs the Panthers pathetic defense.

Road issues for the Saints has to be totally mental, short week may assist as they don't have much time to dwell on it.

Was hoping the line bumped up to 3.5.

The saints simply don't play as well outside as they do inside. That on a short week.

Panthers +3 (Even)

​How does everyone feel about the over/under of 49.5?

Sure why not, lol.

Some nice SDQL's favoring the Saints if you like that stuff, Austin.

I just keep thinking, what would the line be if Rodgers didn't run that one hamstring play and ended up kicking the shit out of the Saints at home. I really think that was the direction that was going. But then again, Rodgers is only like 4-10 ATS as the underdog on an artificial surface anyway. And then the Saints at home on primetime. I just think this line tonight would be different if the Saints had lost on Sunday.

I did dig up something for the Chargers last week - to fade the Broncos on a Thursday after playing their previous game on #SNF. And now you get the same situation today with the Saints. Brees has thrown a pick in every game at Carolina since 2007, and the Saints win/cover the spread on the road about 30% of the time when Brees throws a pick.

When comparing last Sunday night to tonight...

Rodgers > $cam

Packers > Panthers

Carolina would be in a more favorable spot had they not laid it all out against the Hags in a last minute loss, that's how I see it anyway.

Was hoping the line bumped up to 3.5.

The saints simply don't play as well outside as they do inside. That on a short week.

Panthers +3 (Even)

​How does everyone feel about the over/under of 49.5?

Gotta be Slap or one of his friends...makes sense with username...

Back