Thursday Night Football (Week Four)...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
6-6 (-0.28)

3-1 last week. Chiefs being the blimp.

At first was gonna sit this one out but will bite for some action.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

The play...

Ravens ML -139 (2 to win 1.42)

Will avoid the spread.

But will happily pay a small price to see Todd Haley completely overhaul the Steelers offense to accommodate a left-handed Ron Mexico on a short turnaround.

The entire O-line has to shift, right tackle moves to the blindside yada-yada.

All this while remembering that Haley had a shit-ton of trouble back early in this gig that Snoop dropped this rant.

Took him forever to develop the offense we see now.

Vick is the 1st southpaw to take a snap for the Steez since Allie Sherman in 1943.

Did I mention Vick also sucks.

If the 0-3 Ravens are serious, they'll win here.

Steez won't present the defense of a Doncs or Bengals and with Vick under center, shouldn't present much of a problem offensively either.

:shake:

Last edited:
Matt Spaeth also a pretty big out, dude fractured his hand last week and is a significant piece of the Steez' run game.

Will be interesting to see how that retooled O-line handles the flip-flop.

Had Ben as the #4 QB in my rankings and his chemistry with Antonio Brown is a divine thing, so hard to see Vick even getting the ball to the Steez #1 threat.

Not concerned about Bell as that Ravens run D isn't broken.

More I look, more I want to add.

Last edited:
Apparently a group called 'Pittsburghers against Michael Vick' is gonna hold a 20,000+ rally at the stadium tomorrow night as well.

And the irony in all this is that his most vocal supporter since his move to Pittsburgh is Snoop Dogg.

Al...

:cheers3:

As said in the discussion thread, my line with Ben would be Steelers -5.5 or thereabouts.

Have Ben worth 5 points to the line based on current roster.

Line telling us what Vegas thinks of Ron Mexico.

Had the displeasure of watching him in Philly, that 1st season there was the only one he had left as an NFL QB.

He caught the league off-guard that year and was more fortunate than good. Everything after that has been a nothing less than a shit-show.

Dude merely hanging around to keep up his debt repayments.

Last edited:
Seeing the early Westgate line for this game would have been 3.5 with a healthy Ben, so the line being Balty -2.5 allows for the 5-point adjustment.

Granted the above line was basically set before the 0-3 start by the Ravens.

My line of 5.5 is made using my version of 'Elo' and the ESPN FPI (which is actually pretty decent for something from Disney), making it a 7-point adjustment.

Will be interesting to see where this game lands.

Better to be lucky than good, Al.

:shake:

Guess we did pay to see Haley fail at his task and he delivered with a special mention going to Josh Scobee.

Always good to pull a win outta the fire, generally they're the ones that start a streak.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Back