Thursday Night Football (Week Eight)...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
17-14 (+6)

4-1 (+7) in Week 7.

Dropping this one early and it's extremely square and sinful, so I expect to get maximum shit for it.

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The play...

Panthers ML -250 (2.5 to win 1)

Avoiding the spread entirely and looking to turn a small profit on the always 'iffy' Thursday night game. Reasons in a bit.

:wtf2:

Random slightly inebriated thoughts,

Panthers ahead of the Bucs in almost every key stat. Tampa are a team that struggles to get yardage and are the 31st most penalized team in the league. In the Bucs 2 wins against Carolina last season, Doug Martin tore that ass up especially the most recent meeting where he broke off 138 yards - homeboy ain't there on Thursday night. Even though Freeman stunk out NY on Monday, he's still a better QB than Glennon. Panthers' D ain't no joke (ranked 3rd overall in the league), 4th against the run and 5th against the pass. Bucs' D is decent but for some reason they seem to let down at home and the overall numbers prove it. Speaking of home, Bucs are 3-8 SU (0-3 this season) under Schiano in Tampa. Confident the Panthers win by 7+ but extremely confident they win, just couldn't personally lay the points with Rivera and the percentages of a SU victory over an ATS victory increase rather dramatically within this point range.

Since 2003,

Road faves of 5.5-7.5 are 90-93-4 ATS (49%) but 135-52 SU (72%)

Since 2010,

Road faves of 5.5-7.5 are 30-35-2 ATS (46%) but 45-22 SU (67%)

A couple of ATS trends...

Bucs 9-23 ATS last 32 home games.

Bucs 4-11 ATS as a home dog since 2009.

Fly in the ointment is the weak Carolina O-line but the Bucs have zero pass rush. Panthers 3 convincing wins on the season have come against teams with similar pass rush/sack stats to Tampa Bay...

Panthers 33-12 ATS (39-6 SU) versus poor offensive teams (17 points per game and under, Bucs currently averaging 14.5 ppg) in team history...

should look into the under here....if you wanna go moneyline you don't think car's gonna put up a ton of points obv...tb might very well stay within single digits...i like the under...and thursdays are usually lower scoring just b/c the teams have a shorter week to prepare

and thursdays are usually lower scoring just b/c the teams have a shorter week to prepare

Thurs. games have gone 5-2 to Over so far this season. Mostly all primetime games (14 of 22, 63.6%) have been happy places for points scored (only 4 winning teams have scored less than 26 pts). Day games have been the best hunting ground for Unders. (Conspiracy angle - refs have an agenda to sell the sport in the most noticable games: they're the 1-off games with no other competing games on at the same time.) Still, the key within all primetime games has been answering the following question:

What will the loser score?

Games in which the loser has scored 10 pts or less, have gone 6-0 to Under.

Games in which the loser has scored at least 11 pts, have gone 14-2 to Over.

Win or lose Carolina surely crosses 10 pts, so does Tampa as well? If your answer is yes, then bet Under at your own peril.

Good stuff. BC always on point with the over/under trends like the very profitable Yankees and Rangers O/U this past baseball season.

:thumbsup2:

I like where youre heads at...i teased kc to -2 and carolina -.5 to avoid the juice for a small play

Billboard in Tampa...

fireschiano-590x332.jpg

probably my favorite poster for over a decade......

i wanted both college dogs for some action.....and i also felt Carolina was the best play without the points.

seeing your post, showed my the obvious....6 point tease Carolina to each college dog.

All action at my book on ts ps and straights on CAR. Want to take the points and root for ur ML. I might ...

Back