Thursday Night Football Discussion Cards 9ers...

Vapster

Awesome1#1
Hello All In CTG Land!~

I Noticed an open bet in one of my accounts...$50 At +348. Arizona...Huh...

Oh Yeah...I Was Drunk Last Night...

This FEELS Like One Of Those 'Look Ahead Games' (If Ya Believe In That Stuff...) Santa Clara Has Seattle On The Following Week...MNF...

9ers are kicking ass...D is looking great...Yet...While Drinking, I Thought... Arizona ML...

Could Be A BLOW Out...But My Gut Says...Arizona Wins...

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

:shake:

I don’t know Was looking to play Arizona here but the only thing that has even slowed San Fran down this year was a fluke 5 turnovers against Pittsburgh and a monsoon in Washington and they still won both those games. Otherwise they have blown everybody out.

Throw in the fact that Arizona is down to the 3rd string running back. I understand the look look ahead angle but it is still a divisional game and Arz has beat San Fran 8 straight times so I expect San Fran to be ready to play

Lots of trends favor AZ in this spot. Different teams yes, but AZ had three wins last year, two were against SF. Kind of shows that they get up for divisional games. Does seem like a potential let-down spot for SF; one of those short week get in, get out type of game where a 3-6 point win would not surprise me. I know a bunch of people who already took BUF in survival pool will be on SF so I'm pulling for the AZ win but likely won't happen. The 10.5 Bovada is hanging is very tempting though.

My gut tells me the Niners push these guys into New Mexico. Murray has failed to throw a TD in 4 of the last 5. Niners should be able to reproduce the Saints tape from last week. Offensive skill is the Niners secret, they are deep and well schemed. The Catds haven’t covered a TE all year and now here comes Kittle. Hard to imagine a scenario where it even stays within 2 scores.

I like what @Zeke said about a get in, get out 3-6 point win. SO getting 10 seems like a good play. You got look ahead game, early Thursday game, and Arizona who swept the 9ers last year. I think Arizona gets pumped for this game vs an undefeated rival, this is their Superbowl game! (another sports cliche!)

I only got +10
I think it will fall on what Kyler can do with his feet, not necessarily his passing from the spread.
The point differential between last weeks contests for these two teams is 60pts.
I remember playing the cards in the "we are who we thought they were" game.
Spread and ML.
Cards losing the ML by one, late.
The point diff was less than this, but 47+

There is no point betting against SF right now. They’re too deep and too bought in to fall victim to spots. This is perhaps the best front 4 depth wise in history.

As stated it took 5 turnovers and they still failed to cover by only 1.5 points several weeks back. The other game was a shit show where they got out healthy.

AZ is hurting at RB and will have to throw all night. Will be interesting to see how Murray holds up. This AZ defense is decent though. I just hope SF protects Jimmy for one more week to get us into this mini-bye.

You won’t lose money betting SF every single week. 5-2 ATS failing to cover the 2 games by a combined 2.5 points. Covering the other 5 by about 100 points.

9ers also haven’t won here in a very very long time. There is motivation. The Hawks and the Rams are paper fraud champs. The Cards could very well be the legit rival moving forward next couple of years.

I’m extremely worried about Kyler in this one if I’m Kingsbury. Down to a RB who was just traded for this week? They likely won’t have a running game vs the Niners pass rush who will be able to just pin their ears back? This Niners squad will lose this year but I don’t think it’s because of a letdown. They are too hungry and well coached for that in my opinion. This game could get ugly for Zona.

Line is pretty strong too.

+12.5 @ NO means +6.5 at home or 9.5 on neutral.

+10 here has the 9ers about a 3.5 favorite over Saints on a neutral.

Throw in the fact that Arizona is down to the 3rd string running back. I understand the look look ahead angle but it is still a divisional game and Arz has beat San Fran 8 straight times so I expect San Fran to be ready to play

Their 3rd string rb is fish former 1 back Kenyon drake tho correct? Not as bad as it sounds, assuming he knows any the playbook yet.

Certainly not saying he the difference in this game, just that cards do have a capable nfl quality rb available to them tonight:

I’m extremely worried about Kyler in this one if I’m Kingsbury. Down to a RB who was just traded for this week? They likely won’t have a running game vs the Niners pass rush who will be able to just pin their ears back? This Niners squad will lose this year but I don’t think it’s because of a letdown. They are too hungry and well coached for that in my opinion. This game could get ugly for Zona.

I gotta believe kingsbury does all kinds of stuff to try and spread field horizontally and get ball out fast, quick stuff, screens, misdirection, anything to make that front 6 run as much as possible. Obviously zona crap oline isn’t gonna line up and be able to wear niners down coming straight at them.

I dunno how successful it all be but I def expect him to try all kinds of that stuff and with pace., if he has Murray simply dropping back conventionally and passing much they will destroy him.,

Of course anytime I try to come up with a game plan I think might work for a team this year the coach apparently not seeing it my way and proceeds to get crushed doing same ol shit! Lol

Way I see it is there no way I’m into laying dd on a short week div road game so situation favors zona but the matchup is pretty horrible so not much interest playing it. That front vs cards oline is bad, cards inability to cover tight ends is bad. They gonna have to be super clever and on d I think just sell out to stop run and hope jimmy g makes some mistakes in between gashing them, lol.

Looks like they mostly took niners run game away and made jimmy g beat them. He answered the bell tho, no turnovers. I only caught highlights and did appear he was mostly throwing to wide open guys!! Dunno if there were some tougher throws not shown?

On highlights the only reasonably tough throw I caught was their initial 1st down on the salt game away drive looked like he put it into a pretty tight window but he had plenty of time., the rest all appeared to be throws any reasonably capable nfl qb could make, credit to him for making them tho, some guys don’t! I just kept thinking when saw guys wide open, this how shanny made Matt Ryan mvp of the league, what a freaking play caller!! Lol

The highlights did not do him justice then as JG made some good throws under pressure and those guys were not all wide-open.

@TheSharpPlays posted on Twitter before the game that SF was one of the biggest public bets of the year.

Back