Thursday Night Discussion

I see a lot of GT love, and I realize VT's offense is awful, but giving that defense 7 points - I dunno. Pass for me on the side but I see a lot of people lining up to bet the fave here, and not sure I agree...

Foster's defenses have done very very well against option offenses like this in the past. Read an article this morning that said because of the short turnaround from week4-a Thursday night game vs GT in week 5, VT has been devoting Sunday defensive practices to preparing for GT.

I'm warming to a VT play here plus the points but am already on the under....

Georgia Tech safety Jamal Golden has been ruled out of Thursday night’s game with Virginia Tech. Golden injured his shoulder in the Yellow Jackets’ win over North Carolina last Saturday and had hoped to return, but was evidently unable.
Golden and A-back Deon Hill, who is waiting to be cleared for an illness and has missed the past two games, are the only players on the Tech injury report, meaning that outside linebacker Quayshawn Nealy and safety Chris Milton should be available to play. Nealy and Milton also left the North Carolina game with injuries and their status for the Hokies game was uncertain at the start of the week.
With Golden out, Domonique Noble is a likely candidate to start in his place alongside Milton. Noble performed well as a backup after the injuries to both safeties. Another option is to move Jemea Thomas to safety and start D.J. White at cornerback. Demond Smith also played significant snaps last week, but did not play as well as Noble.
Tech will also be without Golden on its punt and kickoff return teams. On punt return last Saturday, Tony Zenon subbed for Golden and played to the satisfaction of special-teams coordinator David Walkosky. Zenon is also a possibility for kickoff returns alongside Broderick Snoddy.

hokiestone.0_standard_709.0.jpg

I'm on under. Especially with that injury news. V Tech will pound the rock. What's up with the other game? Tulsa destroyed them in a bowl game last year.

Lean VT. I don't think the problem is the VT QB per se, they have zero playmakers on offense. Their WR core is not Division 1 caliber. Defense is incredible.

What I'm tackling is a porous offense and against a porous defense, which side wins? I'm leaning toward VT scoring enough and GT turning the rock over a couple times.

As a side note, Marshall is a pretty good team. How much of a lesser team, if any, are they to GT?

Quick question. I just got limited on GT under to $500 on 5Dimes. Anybody else? Not trying to act like some player or something. Just wondering.

If Im GT I am concerned that VT will be able to limit their recent success in the passing game with some good freshman corners and force lee to beat with his running decisions. I am excited to see if Smelter and Waller can step up. If it is just wheel routes with the backs GT is in trouble. Lee is not a natural at running the option and I fear VT can neutralize him. I like CPJ to figure it out but the clock should be running.

I just checked and my limit was at 2,500. Not that I bet it

I have a question? I did not know I had limit on that game until I submitted and it kicked back. How do you know you had a $2500 limit on that play last night without submitting? I am just trying to understand the vagaries of this book.

Back