Thursday NBA Plays

raems

Pretty much a regular
84-68, +35.87 ytd

Magic -3.5 to win 2. Put yourself in Toronto's shoes. Sunday you beat the Lakers in a loud home game, yeah the Lakers stink but that's a big win for a no name team like the Raptors. Fly south, spend a night or two on South Beach. Come out on Wednesday and have a 4 point lead in OT against the Heat only to blow it down the stretch. You know you're not a playoff team, and you know you're heading back home after tonight's road b2b in Orlando. You've also beaten Orlando like a drum 3 times already this season, who happens to be in the middle of a long losing streak. It's a VERY flat spot for a bad team here, Toronto won't be geared up for the game. Orlando on the other hand has been losing for a while now, but they're fairly well coached and their results aren't for a lack of effort. Catch a napping opponent tonight, they should finally get a nice cozy win. Also, the line favoring them by more than one possession when they've been losing forever, that personally tells me a lot. Grabbed it last night fyi, know it's 4 now.

Suns +7 to win 1.5, +240 risking .5. Same stuff. New coach, team plays hard, Clips have already beaten up on them this year so they're just looking to come in and win the game, no statements. Should be a close game with 2 mins left, all I'm looking for.

Knicks -1 to win 2. I'll be the sucker tonight. I've been a pretty solid proponent of these Celtics for years now, and still believe that IF they get into the playoffs, they will be a legitimate threat in the east as long as they don't draw Miami first who would dispose of them in 5 games if it were to happen in the very first round. Team is built to be a nag in slow, drag it out playoff games and has done it year in and year out. That said, at SOME POINT, the run has to stop. At some point, this whole routine of "they don't give a shit about regular season, they just wanna get to the playoffs healthy" stops working, and I think this is the year and tonight's the night questions really come to the forefront. This team is creaky, has trouble making open shots, is a D league team whenever Garnett goes to the bench, all of the new pieces have been underwhelming except for arguably Sullinger who gives them 15 minutes a night, and they just generally always look TIRED.

I've had a pretty decent feel for this Knicks team and have stayed relatively unbiased despite being a fan of the team. I think this is a changing of the guard night in the Atlantic, and that the Knicks are supremely focused on tonight's game. Players have been talking about how they see Boston as the team they have to beat right now to get atop the Atlantic, and with some practice time after losing to BK I think that sharpens them that much more. Call me a homer if you want, but I just have a sneaking suspicion that we're gonna see some special stuff from Carmelo tonight. If this game flips to Boston -1 before tip I'm making it a 3 unit play.

Back