A

abcs

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Thursday, February 26th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>02/26
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>701
702</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> CLEVELAND
HOUSTON</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1
185½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>2
184½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>1½
184½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>02/26
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>703
704</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> PHOENIX
LA LAKERS</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleveland is tough to fade right now at such a low number but thinking I might have to. Houston played fairly well @ Cle earlier from what I recall and the next 3 games on the trip are teams who CLE lost to in their last meeting . Think 9 pt loss as 7.5 pt favs but TMac played..the last batch of AWAY games for CLE have been far from impressive. Not medicore but very competitive ..

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Cleveland:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>CLE are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 Thu. games. <LI class=more>CLE are 42-18 ATS in their last 60 games overall.
  • Under is 40-19-1 in CLE last 60 Thu. games.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Houston:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>HOU are 25-9-3 ATS in their last 37 Thu. games.
  • Over is 9-4 in HOU last 13 games as an underdog.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Head to Head:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>Under is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings.
  • CLE are 2-7 ATS in the last 9 meetings.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Some trends really make you think sometimes. Houston went on that big RUN last year when Yao went down and now that TMac is gone they almsot seem happy. Happy in that its done and over worth . Cavs playing some sick defense would lean under but not much value at all...

Probably play PHO but think especially if Nash is out and the line gets adjusted 3 pts higher ..no real insight just a hectic strecth for LAL imo with what should be a pretty decent sized doggie..:cheers:

Only worry about betting Houston is that you're basically saying that Cleveland is going to lose 2 straight because I don't see them winning at SA. Or at least that's my view. Only certain play of the day to me is the first half under with the Cavs/Rockets. Going to be a horrible game to watch more than likely. Neither team is leaving the 80's.

I played Houston at open at +1 for 2 units and thinking about adding 1 more later

Only 2 players imo that can defend lebron: and houston has them both. Cleveland beat Houston earlier this yr
Houston on a roll on this home stand as teams usually do this time of yr when they get the benefit of a homestand with rest. Cleveland play at SA 2m, and I doubt they think they're gonna lose

Last edited:
Only worry about betting Houston is that you're basically saying that Cleveland is going to lose 2 straight because I don't see them winning at SA. Or at least that's my view. Only certain play of the day to me is the first half under with the Cavs/Rockets. Going to be a horrible game to watch more than likely. Neither team is leaving the 80's.

Good point but I think SA is a lesser task IMO. SAS will have to beat Dallas , Portland then CLE in 4 days possibly w/o TD and Manu . Thats a huge task IMO . Plus West is a question mark for CLE as well..Plus playing 4 solid teams away in 5 days think 2-2 is reasonable to believe just as 3-1 or 4-0 is ..Cle is only 8-6 SU away last 14 trips and just think it took a miracle shot by King James for one of those wins ...think 6-8 ATS and easily could be 5-8-1 or 5-9 depending on where you had MIlW

I agree on the total but was hoping for 188 ish.

Also SA won @ CLE last year w/o Parker making that game bigger for them IMO . Which Manu dropped 46 in that one but granted CLE had no backcourt.

Regular Season

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD width="11%">Date</TD><TD width="21%">Vs</TD><TD width="18%">Score</TD><TD width="27%">Type</TD><TD width="13%">CLE Line</TD><TD width="10%">O/U</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/24/09</TD><TD>Memphis </TD><TD>W 94-79</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -13.5</TD><TD>U 193</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/22/09</TD><TD>Detroit </TD><TD>W 99-78</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -9</TD><TD>U 180.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/20/09</TD><TD>@ Milwaukee </TD><TD>W 111-103</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -7.5</TD><TD>O 196.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/18/09</TD><TD>@ Toronto </TD><TD>W 93-76</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -7.5</TD><TD>U 191</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/11/09</TD><TD>Phoenix </TD><TD>W 109-92</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -9</TD><TD>O 200.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/10/09</TD><TD>@ Indiana </TD><TD>L 95-96</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -6.5</TD><TD>U 208</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/08/09</TD><TD>L.A. Lakers </TD><TD>L 91-101</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -5</TD><TD>U 205.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/04/09</TD><TD>@ New York </TD><TD>W 107-102</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -5.5</TD><TD>O 208</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/03/09</TD><TD>Toronto </TD><TD>W 101-83</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -10</TD><TD>U 194</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>02/01/09</TD><TD>@ Detroit </TD><TD>W 90-80</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -4.5</TD><TD>U 179.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/30/09</TD><TD>L.A. Clippers </TD><TD>W 112-95</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -15</TD><TD>O 189</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/29/09</TD><TD>@ Orlando </TD><TD>L 88-99</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L 5</TD><TD>U 195</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/27/09</TD><TD>Sacramento </TD><TD>W 117-110</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -13.5</TD><TD>O 204.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/24/09</TD><TD>@ Utah </TD><TD>W 102-97</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W 3</TD><TD>O 196</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/23/09</TD><TD>@ Golden State </TD><TD>W 106-105</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -6</TD><TD>U 216</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/21/09</TD><TD>@ Portland </TD><TD>W 104-98</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W 1</TD><TD>O 182.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/19/09</TD><TD>@ L.A. Lakers </TD><TD>L 88-105</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L 5</TD><TD>U 202</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/16/09</TD><TD>New Orleans </TD><TD>W 92-78</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -2.5</TD><TD>U 184.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/15/09</TD><TD>@ Chicago </TD><TD>L 93-102 (OT)</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -7.5</TD><TD>U 196.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/13/09</TD><TD>@ Memphis </TD><TD>W 102-87</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -8.5</TD><TD>O 185.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/09/09</TD><TD>Boston </TD><TD>W 98-83</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -4</TD><TD>U 182.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/07/09</TD><TD>Charlotte </TD><TD>W 111-81</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -14</TD><TD>O 183</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/04/09</TD><TD>@ Washington </TD><TD>L 77-80</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -9</TD><TD>U 189.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>01/02/09</TD><TD>Chicago </TD><TD>W 117-92</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -12.5</TD><TD>O 196.5</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>12/30/08</TD><TD>@ Miami </TD><TD>L 95-104</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -5.5</TD><TD>O 183</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For me not sure that they really should be favored. They dont have a quality win lately so who knows .....

:cheers:

Also the losses @ ATL and @ Miami were this season so its more unlikely especially with how those teams are playing either does it again. They havent lost consecutive games yet but at least twice lost consecutive away games ....

Maybe we could say if SAS is shorthanded still if they win @ Houston they could be 4-0. Much easier to lose the 1st or last leg in these situations IMO as well...

Just throwing it out there..

Only angle that seems to favor Cleveland is their record as a 2 or less road favorite which is good.. Yao off a short bad game feels a lot like a big game tomorrow.

Only angle that seems to favor Cleveland is their record as a 2 or less road favorite which is good.. Yao off a short bad game feels a lot like a big game tomorrow.

glad we agree :cheers: Just a note its really not suprising though to see an elite team fairing well in situations it essentially needs to win. Especially since they have LeBron who can win a game by himself which only a few can say . So if thats the biggest negative (other then BAR liking CLE) sounds fine to me. Was thinking at most the game should be CLE -1 so if I can squeez Hous +3 would be happy

Not sure at all about the total. 2 games ago i played Cleveland under and won because of various angles. Next game I expected an over bouncing off that game because the Grizz are normally a first half scoring machine on the road. Bet it over 188 and it starts going up and ends on 193. That night I see a trend over at KillerSports I had seen in the past and just forgot. First game off Detroit Cleveland always goes under. Wonderful! Could just hedge out but had already posted the damn thing. Decided i would hope for a good half time run out. Did not get it but got close with a 96.5 under second half. Reason I am mentioning this is that for the last 2 games Cleveland has been in a major under trend trap and I am wondering about a breakout.

The unders really have been a result to essentially sleep walking through the 2nd Half with big leads at half . Think it was 31 vs Det and around 20 vs Memphis. For me the Under comment was more speculation then play . If I can get Houston +3 -120 then may stick to just that . have lots of time to decide...GL

wow line keeps going higher. Damn I feel dumb for taking the 1 esp vs the cavs team as CLeveland is the type to win at the buzzer by a bucket

Hopefully its not Yao or Artest missing thats driving the line . However I feel thats the case now at 3.5 ...have small plays so far at +3 -115 , +3.5 -120 and +4.5 -125 ...

Jason Richardson in addition to Steve Nash is questionable so being patient in that one even though 9.5 is inviting . They caught 13.5 when Shaq and nash missed earlier at LAL I believe so Amare plus those two means it could go alot higher IMO

GL

Back