Thursday NBA Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Das Kapital
  • Start date Start date
D

Das Kapital

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Thursday, March 19th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/19
4:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>701
702</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> DALLAS
ATLANTA</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>196½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>196½
6 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/19
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>703
704</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> PORTLAND
CLEVELAND</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>186
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/19
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>705
706</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> GOLDEN STATE
LA LAKERS</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>233½
13½
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>233½
13 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, i'm just ready to do blind OVERS on GS games. We saw what GS and Pho did the other day. Then we saw what GS and LAC did with multiple Warriors out.

At this point, i'm just ready to do blind OVERS on GS games. We saw what GS and Pho did the other day. Then we saw what GS and LAC did with multiple Warriors out.

Those were both home games though. It's a bit tougher on the road b/c there exists the very real possibility that GS gets blown out. And blow outs are not good when you want to get into the 240s.

Those were both home games though. It's a bit tougher on the road b/c there exists the very real possibility that GS gets blown out. And blow outs are not good when you want to get into the 240s.
good point killa. :shake:

I agree GS gets hammered tomorrow. 126-105 Lakers, something in that range IMO. Lakers need a good blowout win here.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi17-2009mar17,0,3940164.story

2 nights after that they blow a 14 point (from memory) 3Q lead against the Sixers

They will drill the Warriors tomorrow night, already laid the points.

Rod -

Comprehend how this fits into a situational circumstance you've described in that mini-thesis elsewhere, but wondering if it only holds for this particular game from your vantage point? Would seem that they would do this to demonstrate to Jackson that they can step on another team's throat, but habits are hard to break once they've been ingrained over the course of a season and suspect they'll be prone to lapsing into their lackadaisical approach after this one...

Nice call by the way on all 4 English teams advancing in Champions League (although it could've gone either way in the Arsenal/Roma matchup, which likely was always the case given the youth quotient of the Gunners).

:cheers:

Agree GS will likely not even be using much. He will put in trash and try to win the home game. lakers do not want to leave on a difficult road trip on another ats loss.

The last 8 TNT Thurs. games to feature an EC team at home have gone Under in regulation.

And the only team not to cover ATS in a SU win was CLE at home to WAS.

Cleveland at home to Portland is the 1st TNT game tomorrow.

nba thursday

6-5 ytd

been on a slaihde these past few days
damn back door covers

tonight:

cavs -10 vs por

BOL tonight and enjoy your games!

no wonder. I was wondering what was up with this cleveland line. I mean its tight- I made it 9.5, but just didn't feel right because I have portland rated pretty lowly and cleveland pretty high.

Fucked my fantasy team again btw- kobe will be next :(

Appears Batum and Aldridge are doubtful tonight

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2009/03/injured_in_indiana_aldridge_su.html

The Trail Blazers beat the Indiana Pacers 95-85 on Wednesday, but in the process lost two starters to injury.
Power forward LaMarcus Aldridge suffered a grade-one concussion early in the fourth quarter and did not accompany the team to Cleveland, instead checking into an Indianapolis hospital for observation. He is expected to rejoin the team in Cleveland before Thursday's game against the Cavaliers, but the team has listed him as doubtful to play.

Also, starting small forward Nicolas Batum suffered a sprained left ankle with 4:02 left in the game when he landed on the foot of Indiana's Danny Granger. Batum could not put pressure on the foot and had to be carried off the court and into the locker room by teammate Rudy Fernandez and athletic trainer Jay Jensen. X-Rays were negative and the team listed him as questionable for the Cavaliers game. However, as he iced his foot after the game in the locker room, Batum told me he doubted he could play Thursday.

Aldridge suffered his concussion when he lowered his head on a drive to the basket. His right temple crashed into the chest of Jeff Foster, causing Aldridge to lose the ball and crumple to the ground. Aldridge said he thinks he was momentarily knocked out. After the game he was hazy and complained of feeling uncomfortable.

Dallas is 7-2 to the under on the year in a road game where the total is between 195 and 199.5 points.
Atlanta is 5-1 to the under against Southwest opponents on the year.

Atlanta is 8-1 ATS after playing 3 consecutive home games and 11-2 after 3 or more consecutive wins.

oddly I think the only one in jeopardy for that parlay is cleveland, but this is at cleveland and throwing them at home on the ML has been free money all yr so eh. why fight it

Oddly enough I can see scenarios for each dog to win. Will ANY of them pull it off? Doubt it. Portland wants this game vs. the Cavs real bad imo. Bit of a sandwich spot for the Cavs with the Hawks up next. Warriors NEVER fold against the Lakers. I don't think it matters who plays for the Warriors. Have them battling. Mavs always seem to win when you don't expect it. Look at 3/10 and 3/11 for examples. Like the Hawks tonight, but could see Dallas winning. Again I doubt any of the dogs do win SU, but can see the scenario for all of them.

Blazers Edge is fairly reliable and they have Aldridge questionable to play but Batum out.

if the lakers don't cover i'm gonna fuckin be furious. those fuckin sloppy ass stupid mother fuckers.

houston pisses away a cover last night in overtime, and now the lakers fuck me big time. i fuckin hate this shit.

Back