Thursday NBA Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter indiancowboy
  • Start date Start date
I

indiancowboy

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA
Thursday, March 12th</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>03/12
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>701
702</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> LA LAKERS
SAN ANTONIO</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>196
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>195
2½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>195
2½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>03/12
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>703
704</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> CLEVELAND
PHOENIX</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>
219½
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>4½
218½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>4½
219</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakers for a big play. I know they're on a back to back but I've had this circled since Roger Mason killed them last time out at the end after Kobe's comeback fell short. Spurs need Ginobli to beat LA. Odom will be well rested as well. He is back for this one right? Thought suspension was just one game...

^^ yeah Odom should come out hard, but I hope Powell starts he did damn good 2day. His jumper spread the floor for the lakers.

Odom would help the bench cuz they have been shit without him.

Farmar and Sasha have regressed so much

yea Odom will be back, however i feel lakers are still struggling on the road. Spurs plays smart and under pop i think they can come away with the V

Suns are exhausted and cant finish a game but home dog ? They were just down 19 in the 4th Q at LAC ....

a couple of TNT stats from this season

- game 1/the early game has gone Under in regulation for 10 straight games (the Dog is 7-3 ATS for these games over this period).

- the last 10 TNT games are 9-1 to Under in regulation

- the Favourite is 5-0 ATS the last 5 2nd/late games, and 8-2-1 ATS the last 11 of these games

- the last 11 TNT Thursdays have had at least 1 game go Under in regulation.

- the SU winner is 32-1-1 ATS for TNT Thursday games - pick the SU winner, win ATS

- TNT Thursdays featuring 2 WC teams as the hosting home teams, have seen the Fav go 4-4 SU & ATS - only once has the Fav in this situation won both games (last Thursday, as a matter of fact).

Suns are exhausted and cant finish a game but home dog ? They were just down 19 in the 4th Q at LAC ....

I think the suspicion is that Phoenix just in free-fall/quitting mode right now. They're not getting in, and Nash and Shaq are smart enough to know they're not getting in. Where does the motivation come from for two vets in their mid-thirties? They're finished.

Cleveland's motivation and focus and intensity should really dwarf that of Phoenix in this game IMO.

a couple of TNT stats from this season

- game 1/the early game has gone Under in regulation for 10 straight games (the Dog is 7-3 ATS for these games over this period).

- the last 10 TNT games are 9-1 to Under in regulation

- the Favourite is 5-0 ATS the last 5 2nd/late games, and 8-2-1 ATS the last 11 of these games

- the last 11 TNT Thursdays have had at least 1 game go Under in regulation.

- the SU winner is 32-1-1 ATS for TNT Thursday games - pick the SU winner, win ATS

- TNT Thursdays featuring 2 WC teams as the hosting home teams, have seen the Fav go 4-4 SU & ATS - only once has the Fav in this situation won both games (last Thursday, as a matter of fact).

Whats the record for dogs/faves?

Lakers for a big play. I know they're on a back to back but I've had this circled since Roger Mason killed them last time out at the end after Kobe's comeback fell short. Spurs need Ginobli to beat LA. Odom will be well rested as well. He is back for this one right? Thought suspension was just one game...

watchout on this thinkin man. Jan 14 Mason hit the shot to beat them. If they were feeling revenge, I think they would've unleashed it the next time they played: Jan 25. LAL won 99-85 and probably unleashed the revenge they felt.

this game, on a b2b off making a big comeback at Houston on Kobe's heroics, may not be the best time to play them

Forget revenge in the Spurs-Lakers matchup. The Spurs' motivation for this game is as high as possible, and at the very least equal to that of the Lakers. Spurs need to beat LA to get some swagger going and make LA respect them as a serious threat. Important game for the Spurs IMO. Place should be rocking. If LA gets this one, then we know those road troubles are definitely over and they're back to dominant form.

Whats the record for dogs/faves?

Favs are 19-14-1 ATS all up

Western Favs 12-8-1 ATS

Already this season we have had consecutive weeks of Thurs. games won SU & covered ATS by the Fav. So just because last week the Fav went 2-0 SU & ATS doesn't as of a right preclude the same thing happening again here, it's simply not statistically likely.

This season the Spurs, with Parker & Duncan present but Ginobli absent, are

at home:... 2-6 ATS
away:....... 3-3-1 ATS

the Spurs have alternated ATS results since Duncan returned from his latest (3 game) absence: LWLWLW...?vs LA?

The Lakers have played 9 sets of B2Bs this season with the 2nd game being a road game. Only 1 of these sets has failed to deliver an Over result in at least 1 of their 2 games, and that was the set that was the 3rd & 4th games of a 4 game road trip that ended 2 days removed from Xmas Day & their clash with Boston.

The 1st game of this B2B set for LA delivered an Under result.

so if i'm reading you right, bc---you think there's a good chance some of these tnt trends end tonight and at least one if not both overs hit since we've had such a huge under run?

watchout on this thinkin man. Jan 14 Mason hit the shot to beat them. If they were feeling revenge, I think they would've unleashed it the next time they played: Jan 25. LAL won 99-85 and probably unleashed the revenge they felt.

this game, on a b2b off making a big comeback at Houston on Kobe's heroics, may not be the best time to play them

Wow, ur right. Thanks. Tired when posting that and reversed the schedule thinking that other game was b4 the Mason killer. Appreciate it! Not sure what to do now...

so if i'm reading you right, bc---you think there's a good chance some of these tnt trends end tonight and at least one if not both overs hit since we've had such a huge under run?

I'd be suprised if both unders & both favs hit again

my leans would be Over/LA & dunno bout the 2nd game

Cleveland is 7-13 ATS their last 20 road games (35.0% cover rate), and 18-9 to Under their last 27 games (66.6% Under rate).

Also Cleveland has lost 9 straight on the road on Thursday and has failed to cover 7 in a row on the road in first game of a b-b. Both situations being almost entirely unders.
Suns have lost 4 in a row at home on Thursday and are of course a Kerr created disaster.

Lakers ML & Cavs/Suns over for me tonight. 219 in a Cavs game? IMO the linesmakers are telling you this will be a fast pace game. Not a fan of laying chalk on the road, especially when there is revenge @ work. Cavs got away with the win @ LAC, not sure if they respond favorably or not here. Regardless, I won't fade the King.

agree tuck. no need to force a cavs play for me with those trends especially on what is lost value and a now inflated line. still think the suns are absolute garbage and don't see how they win this game as this year's cavs have been able to beat teams that don't play defense and have an EXCELLENT record when scoring 100+ pts, which i think they should do easily tonight.

played:

spurs 1h -1
spurs -2
show/spurs over 194
cavs/suns over 219.5

Lakers certainly came to play

ad429d5460b497c54e872c38c7689106c94a41a1_m.gif

Back