Thursday MLB Plays!

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
Totals: 5-3
Favs (-140 or less): 1-2
Doggies: 0-1
Runlines: 0-0

Welp.....Basically even on the season so far. So much for that value on the Marlins, lol. I'll just giggle to myself for that one. Yanks/Jays was a sham, so many chances to go over. Toronto hit into 5 double plays. Yankees have 1st and 2nd with no outs in the 9th and A-Rod K's and the next 2 batters just start swinging for the fence, but it was the right play. Anyway, onto today.

Twins +105 (Slowey) - THis kids not bad, and its more of a 'fade Santana on the road' pick.

Pit/Atl Over 9.5 - Pit has the most dismal pullpen I think I might have ever seen between last year and this. Not a lot of faith in either SP either.

D'Backs/Reds Under 9.5 - Like I always say about unders, only 1 pitching staff has to be good to hit an under usually. I kinda like Davis and this kid Cueto (sp?) is gonna turn some heads today.

BOL today everyone

Cueto (little Pedro) is freaking nasty...the Reds have two really young arms that could impress people this year in Cueto and Volquez...

GL today dude.

Hile any thoughts on the Phils under? I thought I remember seeing Moyer owned the Nats last year and I cant see Nats bats doing much either today. Phils scoring 6 or 7 does worry me though. But had a lean toward under so thought Id ask

Hile any thoughts on the Phils under? I thought I remember seeing Moyer owned the Nats last year and I cant see Nats bats doing much either today. Phils scoring 6 or 7 does worry me though. But had a lean toward under so thought Id ask

Yeah, my fear would be, when do the Phillies finally get the bats going. And as good as Moyer might be against them, how long does he throw? 6 inning at best would be my guess, and this Phills pen is horrific

I may ride with you on the Over in ATL. Couldn't agree more. Plus its always nice playing an over with Hampton swinging at the dish.

Agree with you on Twins, Slowey doesn't over power people (he's almost like Radke was), but who knows what you're going to get out of Santana.

The key is the Twins bats have to wake up, outside of Gomez and Young, the big 3 of Mauer, Morneau, and Cuddyer haven't done a thing.

bjorks....absolutely...Those 3 wont go silent for long, Santana should throw some nice junk for them to tee off on

scdoggy - even if the SP's do happen to throw well, then that pittsburgh bullpen come in, which i hope and pray for today

davis numbers against the reds batters is dominant and a young pitcher with nasty stuff that the dbacks have never seen before does spell a low scoring affair. day game in that stadium are always tough to sweat the unders in but the temperature helps a lot.

gl hile.

As always, I wish you luck with your plays, but I feel the need to interject something here for the board with regard to twins games. I am not a baseball guru by any stretch of the imagination. But, again, I have to say this for the sake of the board.

First, they suck. Last years' woes centered solely around their lack of offense. They were pathetic. Just absolutely pathetic. They could not score runs.

What has changed from last year? Your answer is absolutely fucking nothing. Look no further than the first week so far. Nick Blackburn goes out and pitches his ass off, the the twins reward him of his effort by getting shut the fuck out. They are a pathetic offensive unit.

The point: It doesn't matter who the fuck you throw out there on the mound, if you aren't going to give him any run support, you're NOT winning baseball games.

So, while I agree with your feelings on Slowey and believe he is a good, young pitcher, I would back this team in this situation ONLY if I was getting 25-30 cents. Honestly. Their offense sucks that bad. This team does not score enough runs CONSISTENTLY to warrant an backing of your money, no matter who is on the mound.

Unders, on the other hand, may be a good bet, especially in the 1st 5...However, there's a bit of a caveat with that, as well, because our defense is not as solid as it has been traditionally, and I believe there has been a steady decline in our defensive efficiency over the last 2-3 years.

Now, you'll get some homers in here like Swayler that will tell you that this team has a bright future and that they'll win 80-85 games this year, blah, blah, blah. It's bullshit. Until this team either finds some guys that can hit and hit with power or spends some fucking moldy money to get a FA power hitter, this team will muddle in a 70-80 win season. Period...

Last edited:
what are your thoughts on houston/san diego over 8.5. both these pitchers got rocked in spring training.

just gotta show some Royal love for a little bit......

And I'm officinally no longer playing sides this year, totals only....if any of u dudes catch me considering a side, piss right in my face

Back