Thursday MLB (7/26)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 112-109-1 +17.898 Units
June: 79-69-2 +25.298 Units
July: 26-22-3 -1.75 Units (Pre All-Star)
Pre All-Star: 70.572 Units
All-Star Game: 0-1 -2 Units

July: 36-39-4 +1.698 Units (Post All-Star)
Post All-Star: 36-39-4 +1.698 Units

Overall: 338-302-13 +70.270 Units
Sides: 186-178 +36.193 Units
Run Lines: 22-52 -34.289 Units
Totals: 133-74-13 +68.366 Units

2-5 -2.07 Units yesterday. Seattle couldn't hold on for the W to make me push. Hit my two larger plays but missed everything else yesterday.

Pittsburgh Pirates @ New York Mets UNDER 8.5 -105 (Maholm v. Perez) (2 Units)
There aren't some very good trends for this to go under but Maholm is 2-1 in 19 IP with a 1.42 ERA vs the Mets. Perez is a LHP facing the Pirates who aren't great vs LHP in the 1st place. Pirates hitting .253 vs LHP in their last 10, Mets hitting .310 so thats a concern but Maholm has stepped up over the past few weeks. Reliford is the ump and i think 7 of his last 8 games have gone under and his past games vs Maholm and Perez were favorable for both pitchers even if it is a small sample (2 for Maholm and 1 for Perez)

Cincinnati Reds +109 (Livingston v. Bush) (2 Units)
Livingston may be a LHP but the Brewers have been struggled lately and are only hitting .225 in their last 10 vs LHP. Bush has a 6.67 ERA in 5 starts vs the Reds who are hitting .282 in their last 10 vs RHP.

Some more plays to come but just getting these posted before gametime.

BOL to Yall Thursday :cheers:

April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 112-109-1 +17.898 Units
June: 79-69-2 +25.298 Units
July: 26-22-3 -1.75 Units (Pre All-Star)
Pre All-Star: 70.572 Units
All-Star Game: 0-1 -2 Units

July: 36-39-4 +1.698 Units (Post All-Star)
Post All-Star: 36-39-4 +1.698 Units

Overall: 338-302-13 +70.270 Units
Sides: 186-178 +36.193 Units
Run Lines: 22-52 -34.289 Units
Totals: 133-74-13 +68.366 Units

2-5 -2.07 Units yesterday. Seattle couldn't hold on for the W to make me push. Hit my two larger plays but missed everything else yesterday.

Pittsburgh Pirates @ New York Mets UNDER 8.5 -105 (Maholm v. Perez) (2 Units) L
There aren't some very good trends for this to go under but Maholm is 2-1 in 19 IP with a 1.42 ERA vs the Mets. Perez is a LHP facing the Pirates who aren't great vs LHP in the 1st place. Pirates hitting .253 vs LHP in their last 10, Mets hitting .310 so thats a concern but Maholm has stepped up over the past few weeks. Reliford is the ump and i think 7 of his last 8 games have gone under and his past games vs Maholm and Perez were favorable for both pitchers even if it is a small sample (2 for Maholm and 1 for Perez)

Cincinnati Reds +109 (Livingston v. Bush) (2 Units) W
Livingston may be a LHP but the Brewers have been struggled lately and are only hitting .225 in their last 10 vs LHP. Bush has a 6.67 ERA in 5 starts vs the Reds who are hitting .282 in their last 10 vs RHP.

Washington Nationals +166 (Lannon v. Eaton) W
I don't care if the guy just got called up, I'll go with the LHP vs Phils, but this time with Eaton on the mound, much more hittable than Hamels especially for the Nats who aren't good vs. LHP. Eaton has been lit up in his previous two games this year with Wendelstedt as the ump.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays +120 (Jackson v. Trachsel) L
Trachsel 2nd game off the DL, who is 0-3 in 3 starts with a 6.48 ERA, giving up 21 H, 12 ER, 7 BB, 12 K, 1.68 WHIP, .318 Opp BA. Not even 1 HR given up and he's given up all those runs in just 16.2 IP.

Detriot Tigers @ Chicago White Sox OVER 9.5 -126 (Danks v. Verlander) (1.5 Units) L

Both have terrible #'s vs the opposing teams, Im just going with that. Rick Reed's last 3 games have gone Over and these two teams have just been lighting it up this series and the bullpens are depleted.

Some more plays to come but just getting these posted before gametime.

BOL to Yall Thursday :cheers:

Last edited:
I hope you hit that Red game. I agree but couldn't pull the trigger.. Pitching matchup too close IMO:cheers:

thanks tw - I just feel like Bush is more likely to be hit today.

just added 3 more plays above.

Nats
D-Rays
Tigers/ChiSox OVER

can a Mod delete my other thread?

thanks santa - BOL to you today

thanks ray - hope it stays that way but Jackson just got hammered

can a Mod merge or delete this thread with my other one?

thanks for the merging of the threads!

lol bar - brew crew came through for the big L.

thanks farm - yea, it was looking good early then midway through all the games it was looking terrible, definitely cut my loses in the early games.

just got my Phil Steele magazine in the mail today!

just locking my plays for the rest of the day:

Houston Astros -115 (Wandy v. Boomer) (2 Units) W
I am fading the Padres while their bullpen is struggling. Wandy @ home has been money and I will disregard the past #'s for Wandy vs the Pads because that was in 05 and the current Padres haven't seen much of this guy and those of them who have don't have very much success.

Arizona Diamondbacks -125 (Owings v. Kim) (1.5 Units) W

My Boy Owings scares the shit out of me with everytime he goes through a lineup because he is hittable with the lack of change of speed on his pitches. Also the "anti-sweep" theory is in affect for Florida to get the win but Kim has been hit very well by a couple of these guys and Arizona is just 1.5 back now and with the Padres struggling this is the time to get some W's. Also Hanley out really has slowed this team down.

Boston Red Sox -101 (Gabbard v. Lee) (1.5 Units) W
Boston Red Sox @ Cleveland Indians UNDER 10.5 -120 (1.5 Units) L

Fading Lee, backing a hot Gabbard. Lee has some decent #'s vs the Sox though so thats why I say under, especially with Hickox who's been an under machine this year.

Kansas City Royals +144 (De La Rosa v. Igawa) W
New York Yankees @ Kansas City Royals UNDER 11.5 -107 (2 Units) W

Going against the Yanks again, which is probably dumb since they'll most likely put up 5 runs in the late innings and push this thing over and get the W. Eddings is the ump so the pitchers should have a nice advantage today. De La Rosa has only 1 start vs the Yanks from last year and it was pretty good. De La Rosa has been pitching well, minus his last start, his home and night #'s are very scary with the Yanks up but I just feel this is worth a shot vs Igawa but his last couple of starts have been promising. Anyways Under is the stronger play.

Last edited:
thanks PWon - BOL to you today

thanks green - yup, starting reading up on CUSA earlier today. enjoying it a bunch

ReNew..... Eddings not listed as hp ump...Danley listed
MLB has been dicken around with rotations since the
NBA fiasco with the official....gl :cheers:

thanks imgn - lol Jim Wolf is what I see on MLB. damn the NBA, the MLB better not keep messing with the umps for long. It's looking good right now and I am glad I was misinformed, atleast to this point in time ha.

Back