Thursday feels like fall here, mlb discussion

Johnnyonthespot

CTG Regular
Since Sept. 1, the Yankees are 5-6. They have collectively hit .194 with 67 hits and 95 strikeouts and a .641 OPS within those 11 games. Their pitchers have a combined 4.21 ERA and have allowed 93 hits in that same stretch.

Big error not betting against them last night.
Really can not believe I am seeing KC in the underdog role or the Mariners not the favorites

outside last start Vargas pitching better, i guess he is better with rest, idk, slightly better at home, but generally not good during day

Brigham AA & AAA rightly

it was 3rd consecutive start of his rained out

Oakland at Baltimore

Baltimore's Bundy is 1-11 with a 7.99 era in night games this year.

Oakland's Anderson last outing lasted only 2.2 innings giving up 7 hits and 5 earned runs.

List of Freeland at home on 4
At home Dodgers 7 innings 2 runs
At home Pitt 7 innings 0 runs
At home Arizona 5.1 innings1 run
At home SF 7 innings 2 runs
At home Mets 6 innings 2 runs
At home Arizona 6 innings 4 runs Hickok the ump 2 games 6.17 ERA
At home Atlanta 6 innings 3 runs
The ump today is Conroy 16-10 for the home team 10-14 under no history either pitcher and I am playing Colorado

Nats FF ML

There is some respectability on the line this afternoon for the Washington Nationals as they go for the trifecta today with a win against the Cubs. If the Nationals win they would match their longest winning streak this season at 6-games while also grabbing a share of 2nd Place in the NL East standings plus the winner of today’s game would win the season series 4-3 between the Nats and Cubs. This is a rescheduled game today from Sunday’s rain postponement. There is some real pressure on the Cubs today as they hold the narrowest of leads in the NL Central with only a 1.0 game lead over the Brewers. The Cubs lost last night in Wrigley to the Brewers and had to fly in to D.C. for this makeup game. The Nats had a scheduled day-off today on the road in Atlanta. The Cubs had a scheduled day-off at home before their series this weekend with the Reds.

On the original line-up card for Sunday prior to the rain-out, Dave Martinez had penciled in Victor Robles to lead-off and play centerfield with Adam Eatongetting a day-off against the lefty starter Mike Montgomery who once again is scheduled to pitch today.

The Nationals are starting Joe Ross today. They could have started Max Scherzeron regular rest, but Mad Max went for a complete game against these Cubs in Saturday’s doubleheader and labored through the 9th inning finishing with 111-pitches. It seemed prudent to give Scherzer the extra day of rest and he will pitch tomorrow in Atlanta. Ross, technically is making his 2018 debut as his stats were washed-out when his Friday start was rained out after 1 2/3 innings. He looked brilliant in that brief outing.

Nats FF ML

There is some respectability on the line this afternoon for the Washington Nationals as they go for the trifecta today with a win against the Cubs. If the Nationals win they would match their longest winning streak this season at 6-games while also grabbing a share of 2nd Place in the NL East standings plus the winner of today’s game would win the season series 4-3 between the Nats and Cubs. This is a rescheduled game today from Sunday’s rain postponement. There is some real pressure on the Cubs today as they hold the narrowest of leads in the NL Central with only a 1.0 game lead over the Brewers. The Cubs lost last night in Wrigley to the Brewers and had to fly in to D.C. for this makeup game. The Nats had a scheduled day-off today on the road in Atlanta. The Cubs had a scheduled day-off at home before their series this weekend with the Reds.

On the original line-up card for Sunday prior to the rain-out, Dave Martinez had penciled in Victor Robles to lead-off and play centerfield with Adam Eatongetting a day-off against the lefty starter Mike Montgomery who once again is scheduled to pitch today.

The Nationals are starting Joe Ross today. They could have started Max Scherzeron regular rest, but Mad Max went for a complete game against these Cubs in Saturday’s doubleheader and labored through the 9th inning finishing with 111-pitches. It seemed prudent to give Scherzer the extra day of rest and he will pitch tomorrow in Atlanta. Ross, technically is making his 2018 debut as his stats were washed-out when his Friday start was rained out after 1 2/3 innings. He looked brilliant in that brief outing.

Too tough of a game for me to read the mindsets of each team. No telling if Cubs get pissed and decide to play hard or decide to be pissed off for being screwed continuously by the MLB for this stretch.

Too tough of a game for me to read the mindsets of each team. No telling if Cubs get pissed and decide to play hard or decide to be pissed off for being screwed continuously by the MLB for this stretch.

That's a pretty hot take. Umpiring has been wack as usual across the board.. but I don't know if it's really exclusive to the Cubs.

That's a pretty hot take. Umpiring has been wack as usual across the board.. but I don't know if it's really exclusive to the Cubs.

Not talking about the umpiring at all. Talking about the terrible mishandling by MLB with the weather all weekend and rescheduling this game for today. Not to mention going back and them creating this awful stretch in the first place with the ATL make up.

Not talking about the umpiring at all. Talking about the terrible mishandling by MLB with the weather all weekend and rescheduling this game for today. Not to mention going back and them creating this awful stretch in the first place with the ATL make up.

OH shit.. lol. Didn't even think of that but yeah- completely mishandled.

I like him a lot so my bet on Colorado would count. that said they rested him to play against houston

think oakland will go over 9.5 ? leaning oal but expecting a semi decent fight out of o's for an over

Based on days rest it is a slaughter. Oakland crushes. Looking at Bundy at night more slaughter. Bundy does pretty well with the umpire though. Ump likes overs. Baltimore is a very strange team at this point

Back