Thursday Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

<table id="scheduleTable" align="center"><caption>Game Schedule For Oct 25, 2007</caption> <thead> <tr><th>Date</th><th>Away</th><th>Home</th><th>Time</th><th>National TV</th><th>Local TV</th><th>Tickets</th></tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="even"> <td nowrap="true"> Thu, Oct 25 </td> <td> Cleveland </td> <td nowrap="true"> Toronto PRE </td> <td nowrap="true"> 7:00 PM ET </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td class="tickets" nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td nowrap="true"> Thu, Oct 25 </td> <td> San Antonio </td> <td nowrap="true"> Orlando PRE </td> <td nowrap="true"> 7:00 PM ET </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td class="tickets" nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td nowrap="true"> Thu, Oct 25 </td> <td> Philadelphia </td> <td nowrap="true"> New Jersey PRE </td> <td nowrap="true"> 7:30 PM ET </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td class="tickets" nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td nowrap="true"> Thu, Oct 25 </td> <td> Milwaukee </td> <td nowrap="true"> Chicago PRE </td> <td nowrap="true"> 8:30 PM ET </td> <td> -- </td> <td> CSN-Chicago+ </td> <td class="tickets" nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> <tr class="even"> <td nowrap="true"> Thu, Oct 25 </td> <td> Denver </td> <td nowrap="true"> Phoenix PRE </td> <td nowrap="true"> 10:00 PM ET </td> <td> TNT </td> <td> -- </td> <td class="tickets" nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> <tr class="odd"> <td nowrap="true"> Thu, Oct 25 </td> <td> Utah </td> <td nowrap="true"> L.A. Lakers PRE </td> <td nowrap="true"> 10:00 PM ET
Canceled </td> <td> -- </td> <td> KCAL, KJZZ </td> <td class="tickets" nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

I know it's early but I'm wondering what you like for Friday. Also, what are your sources for rumored lineups/projected minutes for players?

Would think Friday would be the easiest of the easy... being the last night of the pre season. Some teams will completely rest players while others will try to find their stride.

man I swear we should split up the research and papers:10_4_6:

well gonna do one game b/w hw, so far I got that:

Amare will play likely both Thursday gainst Denver and Friday gainst Seattle. Barbosa will not with a ribs injury
Amare is apparently out of shape and coach says he'll ease him in so that he'll be ready for 30 minutes/game by opener.

How I take this is I expect 20 minutes from Stoud, maybe less considering he's playin Denver

I think Camby is expected to play. Coach Karl says he's not sure of the rotation for regular season and says he probably won't even know until 10 games in.

This game'll be on TNT, but haven't found much so only lean is on Denver since Amare is still outta shape- something you can't be against Denver. Barbosa is out, and I doubt they'll give Nash 30 minutes, so Strawberry is prolly gonna be out there a bit---- guarding AI

2nd game, still nothing really

Cavs and Raptors

Apparently Bosh has been wanting to play and will be allowed to play "a few minutes" 2m. couldn't find much more as mitchell doesn;t usually disclose much info

Cleveland still w/o Pavlovic, Varajeo, and Snow. The teams been workin on its offense, but I heard somewhere that big Z is pretty useless in it?
Whether it's a result of planning or downright necessity, those starters are going to play far more minutes in this week's final two preseason games, at Toronto and at Boston. And probably when the season begins, too. thats something.. So I guess the lineup of Gibson, Hughes, Lebron, Gooden, and Z? not too bad against a pretty much Boshless toronto team. But hate to bet Cleveland w/o Varajeo and Pavlovic...

lean to Cleveland and UNDER

Preseason almost over: The Bulls will try to treat tonight's preseason finale against Milwaukee as a dress rehearsal for the regular season. Luol Deng, who missed two games with a bruised right wrist, is expected to play, so the Bulls will have all their regulars available for the first time.
Coach Scott Skiles is expected to decide tonight whether rookie Aaron Gray will be in the starting lineup for Wednesday's opener at New Jersey or give way to Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah or Joe Smith

-DAILY HERALD

"We have plenty of days of rest and practice in between [Thursday and the opener]," Skiles said. "So there's no reason we can't put some minutes on some guys."

That includes Gordon and Deng, the latter returning to a full practice after missing four days with a bruised right wrist.

"It was a little sore, and I took a few hits," Deng said. "But overall I felt great."

Athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi had Gordon on a 15-minute limit for Tuesday's game in Dallas. Skiles is hoping Gordon will be cleared for more playing time against the Bucks.

Whether he starts or not, Gray has worked himself into the rotation—at least initially—with a nice mix of size and scoring ability. Foul trouble remains an issue. But nobody predicted Gray even would be in the team picture up front.

"Now there's another step up for these young guys," Skiles said. "I won't know until I put him in a regular-season game."

Those are less than a week away.

-CHICAGO TRIBUNE

BOGUT IS ALSO SCHEDULED FOR MRI

I'm laying the chalk with the bulls, good luck fellas

The Magic entered today's shootaround with two major challenges for tonight's last preseason game...1) Establish continuity between players who have consistently been in the lineup with players coming back from injuries...2) Accomplish number one while facing the defending NBA Champions.

"I don't expect we will flow as smoothly number one and number two the competition is outstanding tonight," added Coach Van Gundy. "We have had a good flow with the guys who have consistently been in the lineup for us, but tonight we will throw in guys who haven't seen much action, so that will muck this up a bit."

Despite having injuries and mixed personnel at times, Van Gundy will conclude the preseason with the same lineup he started the first preseason game. The lineup includes Jameer Nelson, Keith Bogans, Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis, and Dwight Howard.

Van Gundy continued, "The main goal tonight is to get them all out on the floor, shake the rust of a bit, and get into a flow with the rest of the team

Jason Kidd was back on the court for a full practice with his teammates today. Kidd, who strained his back a week ago Sunday, shot baskets the last two days and took part in a non-contact workout on the IZOD Center court hours before the Nets game with the Celtics on Tuesday.
Kidd said that he pushed himself a little extra today to make sure he had no restrictions.
“No problems,” reported Kidd. “I can do everything that I did before I got the back injury.”
“I didn’t feel I had any rust. The only thing was probably at the end I was a little tired. But I wanted to push myself for the whole practice.”
“Timmy (Walsh, Head Trainer) probably felt I went a little bit longer than I should have but I wanted to push to see if there were going to be any restrictions, and there weren’t.”
The captain did not rule out the possibility of playing in either of the two remaining preseason games – home Thursday night for the Sixers or in New York on Friday night – but said his main goal is to be ready for the marathon that is the regular season.
“I think the big thing is if I feel healthy and I feel like I can play in one of the two, then I’ll get out there with the guys and do one of the two. But if it doesn’t work that way, we have 82 games so I would rather be ready to start on October 31st. Right now we’re planning for one of the two games.”
“We’ll see,” echoed Lawrence Frank, when asked if Kidd would get into a game before the 31st.
“Anytime a guy is coming back from injury, you always evaluate it after. Let’s see how he feels later today, let’s see how he feels tomorrow and then we’ll go. If there’s an opportunity to play in one of the two, and we feel secure with it, then we’ll play him in one of the two. But we’ll know more tomorrow.”

I like nets tonigt a lot

Bogut is out and skiles says hes gonna play it like a regular season game. Still cant lay 7

Back