Thursday Discussion Thread

finally get to play mize vs the muts, so pissed off i didn't play reds cause all the rain in the area last night. books never learn w these teams, for whatever reason philly has this mentality these early games don't matter, i suppose baseball has nobody to blame but themselves, you keep letting more and more teams into the playoffs you gonna have teams like philly who can half ass it till august before actually starting to try. books will continue pricing them like one the best teams which they are when they actually trying, this version of philly will drop plenty of games as favs!

far as muts go they simply not good, by end the year tigers will no doubt be seen as the better team, starting a pitcher who has the ability to be a front the rotation guy and he a dog to a journeyman on a team who may very well finish dead last in the nl east!! someone explain this line to me? mets might win this game, it is baseball after all but there no way this line represents the actual chances for either team. wrong team is favored, make a habit of taking the plus money on games like this and you willl be taking the fam on a nice vacation at end the summer!

Last edited:
pricks don't have any props up for Mize, before game was cancelled they had a 3.5 posted for his k's. this morning gonna be tricky for me cause theresa has some test today and of course they at the further away of the 2 hospitals we go to. think last one at 9:45 but you can't trust their fines and no clue how long it take prob won't be able to make it to illinios before start of mets game so was really hoping they have the props up early and i could run across river before she even gets up! need the prop to come back up tho, i don't get why they had the pitchers up fairly early before the rained out game? gonna hold out hope but i'll need it posted by 7:30-7:44 at latest, i think im gonna get fucked on this one, which of course means it will cash, it sure would be nice if these pricks would have some semblance of a consistent time opposed to just posting whenever they feel like. they have pitcher props for some later games already! they already had a damn line for these 2 so really dunno what the hold up is?!? anyways i don't want to butch at theresa bout it in car cause she will feel bad like it her fault so you guys get to hear bout it!!!

Why is Mize dogged?

i suppose same reason mets were favs in game 1 and prob favs in brewers series. they either pushing the perception they not the losers that will once again be battling for last place or they drinking heavily. maybe making them dogs could give the ppl betting them a lightbulb moment? long as they favs certain ppl who prob don't know jack shit about the tigers will continue assuming mets should beat them? crazy as it sounds a lot of ppl perception would probably change if they woke up to mets being dogged to the "lowly tigers".

obviously i disagree with the price but it wouldn't be fair to say i have a incredibly good idea how maze will pitch, and it not like tigers offense is striking fear into pitchers. houser might not be anything special but he a proven commodity you can prob count on going 5+ innings and not getting crushed. lot more variance in what we get from Mize, could be fantastic or he could bomb. either way pretty good chance houser at least keeps mets in the game, i have a hard time buying that justifies the price. to me it much closer to a pick'em, then throw in tigers finding ways to win games late and mets have a sizable track record of losing games in the later innings and for me that shifts it to more like tigers-110.

Mize time!

ov 3.5 k's -150 gotta be a play for me. feels very much like the 3.5 they hung in Hicks start for san fran. either he ready for the moment and this cashes easy or he to hyped up, struggles with command and out the game after a few innings. either way i don't think it be close, he either cruises to 5-6 k's thru 5 innings or gets ran before he finishes the 2nd. i'm a believer so this a no brainer to me.

i like the nats also. their numbers vs lhp are horrific to the point it almost a given they gonna have a strong outing against a lefty, it not like they were a bad lhp hitting team last season either so this something that gonna correct itself and perez always a good candidate as his career been mostly out performing his peripherals. josiah gray is good for a solid start every now and again, pirates prob due for rough day at the plate, prob be chilly and windy which a big chance from their last series in miami.

i'm all kinds of confused with Soroka now! after the terrible start he did settle down and pitch decent enough, unless you had his k prop like me, pretty sure that was the only time i've ever bet a pitcher over k's and he didn't get 1 freaking strike out! not even sure how that possible in todays game? he had a whopping 3% swinging strike on the day, one the loser ones i've ever noticed! the odd thing is for the most part his stuff looked pretty damn good, he def caught to much plate with his fastball but it had good life and even when he left it in bad spots they didn't do much damage, he got several 2 strike counts and had no ability to finish the ab. i didn't think he threw nearly enough change ups in those counts as that was the pitch that at one time made him a solid prospect before the injuries, few guys took good 1s so maybe that discouraged him from using it? it he could hit bottom the zone he woulda froze a few guys, or if he just went back to it i think woulda got some more swinging strikes. he threw more sliders than change ups and i think that a huge mistake. its possible he threw more sliders cause that his new pitch and he was still working on it? beats me but if he continues throwing more sliders than change ups he won't be good. surely someone in that organization noticed this? i'd think he will get better locating the fastball, if i knew he would throw much change ups and less sliders at risk of him making me look like a ass again i'd love to play over 3.5 k's!!

The only thing that worries me with Mize is it’s his first regular season game in like 721 days, no?

soroka out total of 16.5 and only -105 to the over prob makes more sense than the k's. kc had a long ass sunday in balry sitting around forever waiting to see if they would play fhat game, then for their troubles after Ragans totally shut balty down (it's looking like kc got a steal w this kid!) o's wake up and score 4 in the last 2 innings , i'm sure that made for a crappy trip back to kc. gonna be cold and windy and this park plays huge in those kind of conditions. can't see lugo having much trouble w chisox putrid lineup, 1st 5 under 4.5 feel like a slam dunk, hell i'd consider playing un3.5 for plus money!!

so far so good, my biggest concern for Mize was having not pitched in 2 years he come out all jacked up and not be able to locate. little annoyed cause he should have 3 k's not 2. nothing drives me more crazy than getting a hitter down 0-2 then freaking walking him! kinda annoys me if they don't get the k but to turn that into a walk is just awful!! that was 1st hitter Mize faced too, i'd be lying if i didn't say that got me a little worried!! lol

A's playing in Sacramento in '25-'27 with an option for '28. Potentially four years of a minor league clubhouse lol. 10k seat stadium that they can convert to 14k with lawn seats but not sure they'll ever get 10k in unless it's Yanks/Cubs/Sox...maybe Phils/Cards/Braves too. Strong maybe.

so far so good, my biggest concern for Mize was having not pitched in 2 years he come out all jacked up and not be able to locate. little annoyed cause he should have 3 k's not 2. nothing drives me more crazy than getting a hitter down 0-2 then freaking walking him! kinda annoys me if they don't get the k but to turn that into a walk is just awful!! that was 1st hitter Mize faced too, i'd be lying if i didn't say that got me a little worried!! lol
He hit 4 and just got taken out, nice bet

ov 3.5 k's -150 gotta be a play for me. feels very much like the 3.5 they hung in Hicks start for san fran. either he ready for the moment and this cashes easy or he to hyped up, struggles with command and out the game after a few innings. either way i don't think it be close, he either cruises to 5-6 k's thru 5 innings or gets ran before he finishes the 2nd. i'm a believer so this a no brainer to me.
Nice hit

i didn't get to follow along much to know how it went. listened to 1st 2 innings in car. when he got nimmo in 0-2 hole then walked him to start game i thought for sure it was gonna be all bad! lol.

i know his pitch count was getting up there but i really hate when managers send guy out for next inning, he gets a out, then gives up some nothing single and manager can't get up the steps and to mound fast enough! almost never falls the punk ass reliever comes in and allows the inherited runner to score when i would rather ride with who brought me and let him get his responsibility off the bases. if starter begins losing the zone or getting barreled up then yes you gotta go get him but when you sent him out to pitch inning how the fuck a single gonna change your mind?? you that damn worried then let your pen guy start the inning fresh, you know 80% the time you bring a reliever the quality i the ones who come in around this fine in gsmf they gonna take a few hitters to settle in l. so give him the inning or don't turn bitch after your starter gives up a meaningless single!!! i fuvking knew we were totally in game at 2=0 but i really thought that 3rd run would beat us!!!

anyways that one the things i cent stand and pretty much every dumb ass manager does it. had he left mize in we bout to win 3-2!! had he took mize out and gave reliever the 5th that ok also. i just don't get yanking a guy you showed confidence in over a damn single!!

i didn't get to follow along much to know how it went. listened to 1st 2 innings in car. when he got nimmo in 0-2 hole then walked him to start game i thought for sure it was gonna be all bad! lol.

i know his pitch count was getting up there but i really hate when managers send guy out for next inning, he gets a out, then gives up some nothing single and manager can't get up the steps and to mound fast enough! almost never falls the punk ass reliever comes in and allows the inherited runner to score when i would rather ride with who brought me and let him get his responsibility off the bases. if starter begins losing the zone or getting barreled up then yes you gotta go get him but when you sent him out to pitch inning how the fuck a single gonna change your mind?? you that damn worried then let your pen guy start the inning fresh, you know 80% the time you bring a reliever the quality i the ones who come in around this fine in gsmf they gonna take a few hitters to settle in l. so give him the inning or don't turn bitch after your starter gives up a meaningless single!!! i fuvking knew we were totally in game at 2=0 but i really thought that 3rd run would beat us!!!

anyways that one the things i cent stand and pretty much every dumb ass manager does it. had he left mize in we bout to win 3-2!! had he took mize out and gave reliever the 5th that ok also. i just don't get yanking a guy you showed confidence in over a damn single!!
His pitches that weren't strikes were missing BADLY towards the end there, I really didn't think he had it in him to get that 4th strikeout to end the fourth.

That’s a horrific loss if they don’t come back for the Mets. They used all their arms, so did TIgers, but I think I trust their bums (tigers) arms vs the Mets with no pen in game 2.

His pitches that weren't strikes were missing BADLY towards the end there, I really didn't think he had it in him to get that 4th strikeout to end the fourth.

then why the hell did they send him out for 5th? i'm flexible here, im ok with whomever manager wants to ride with, i just want him to put on his big boy pants and make the call at start of the inning. dont go in half stepping then yank guy for a single, if a single gets him out then you shoulda let reliever start the inning. i swear that the inherited runner i think scores more than any! iit just a bad move and not fair to anyone, of course if you send him out and he can't throw strikes or he getting barreled up yo gotta get him, a single im itself shouldn't change your desicion to send him out, imo if you believed in him enough to send him out then he deserves the chance to keep that run off the board opposed to some other pitch coming in and getting you charged with a run cause he walks a guy and hits a guy before he settles in! problems he could have pitched around iif manager lets him start the inning.

anyways im gonna start acting more happy since it looks like we going 2 for 2 to start the day! think this 1st time this season i won my 1st play of day! i missed start of a few that won! i was very close to missing this one!! i had no clue it was pushing 11 o clock then i didn't know game was starting at 11:10. im all logging in at stoplight to get on hwy then putting bets in the bet slip waiting to cross bridge. it never picks me up we being in illinios the 1\# time. then the second said no but then screen went goofy and ticket showed up bout 2 min before start. i was super worried bout missing mize cause they sometimes close the props little early, figured i could take tigers live if i had to but got it done!

Reactions: KJ
then why the hell did they send him out for 5th? i'm flexible here, im ok with whomever manager wants to ride with, i just want him to put on his big boy pants and make the call at start of the inning. dont go in half stepping then yank guy for a single, if a single gets him out then you shoulda let reliever start the inning. i swear that the inherited runner i think scores more than any! iit just a bad move and not fair to anyone, of course if you send him out and he can't throw strikes or he getting barreled up yo gotta get him, a single im itself shouldn't change your desicion to send him out, imo if you believed in him enough to send him out then he deserves the chance to keep that run off the board opposed to some other pitch coming in and getting you charged with a run cause he walks a guy and hits a guy before he settles in! problems he could have pitched around iif manager lets him start the inning.

anyways im gonna start acting more happy since it looks like we going 2 for 2 to start the day! think this 1st time this season i won my 1st play of day! i missed start of a few that won! i was very close to missing this one!! i had no clue it was pushing 11 o clock then i didn't know game was starting at 11:10. im all logging in at stoplight to get on hwy then putting bets in the bet slip waiting to cross bridge. it never picks me up we being in illinios the 1\# time. then the second said no but then screen went goofy and ticket showed up bout 2 min before start. i was super worried bout missing mize cause they sometimes close the props little early, figured i could take tigers live if i had to but got it done!
I get it, personally I don't think he should have gone out for the 5th, probably sent him because he got that strikeout to end the 4th. Also strange day to manage that with the DH today, I'm sure they wanted to get as much out of Mize as they could but that game was close to getting away from them. And glad he did too, I parlayed Mize w/Tigers and feel extremely lucky they were still in it to come back.

I get it, personally I don't think he should have gone out for the 5th, probably sent him because he got that strikeout to end the 4th. Also strange day to manage that with the DH today, I'm sure they wanted to get as much out of Mize as they could but that game was close to getting away from them. And glad he did too, I parlayed Mize w/Tigers and feel extremely lucky they were still in it to come back.

that's really why i was so pissed bout leaning him to start inmimg then pulling him. i felt super confident at 2-0 mets would give it up, 3 or more and my lack of faith in tigers offense kicks in. the mets have really turned this shit into a art form!! figure tigers gaining more confident by the day, they couldn't have asked for 2 better opponents to start the year, lol. by time they done with beating cws and mets a million different ways they will feel bulletproof!!

so how long nats gonna be delayed? looking at radar it appears anything more than drizzle has moved past thek

Back