Thursday Discussion Thread

Waino has a excellent history at Miller and with way milw swinging bats gotta think he can hold that offense down. Woodruff could certainly bounce back but he hasn’t really shown a ability to locate real well as of yet this spring or in his 1st start, if he misses w a few cards can make him pay, price prob justified but think cards worth a play. (Goldy loves hitting at Miller so watch for him to get going this series).

Waino has a excellent history at Miller and with way milw swinging bats gotta think he can hold that offense down. Woodruff could certainly bounce back but he hasn’t really shown a ability to locate real well as of yet this spring or in his 1st start, if he misses w a few cards can make him pay, price prob justified but think cards worth a play. (Goldy loves hitting at Miller so watch for him to get going this series).
6/26 no HR, 9 strikeouts against Woodruff though.

But yeah, he certainly likes Miller:

1649945768128.png

Last edited:
6/26 no HR, 9 strikeouts against Woodruff though.

But yeah, he certainly likes Miller:
Up to this point I havnt seen THAT Woodruff, could certainly change at any point, I did well taking good pitchers that had ugly 1st starts yesterday. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Woodruff was much better today, this really more about the lack of production out of milw lineup and thinking waino should be able to continue holding them down.

Up to this point I havnt seen THAT Woodruff, could certainly change at any point, I did well taking good pitchers that had ugly 1st starts yesterday. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Woodruff was much better today, this really more about the lack of production out of milw lineup and thinking waino should be able to continue holding them down.
I agree, Brew crew bats are a mess, maybe they wake up in their home park. Tough game. But like getting +130 for Waino and Cards who are hitting.

I agree, Brew crew bats are a mess, maybe they wake up in their home park. Tough game. But like getting +130 for Waino and Cards who are hitting.

Yea, good chance going home to that park gets them going some, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well waino has pitched there tho (I know there a nl Central park he has struggled mightily in but think that in cincy). I assume roof be closed since forecasted temps rather chilly, I believe ball carries way more when roof opened but I do think lot of hitters simply like the backdrop there as well (think I have heard some mention of that in past).

Williams has thrown in b2b games and threw a bunch of pitches yesterday so I assume he prob won’t be available today which obviously weakens milw pen some. Actually just read Council said he won’t be available next few games, that a pretty big break for cards this series!

Kinda torn between either playing fish Ff or the Ff under? Usually just play Ff under when Alcontera pitches, I don’t trust Gibson a ton but he outta be fine vs this lineup who rarely gives Alcontera any run support.

I’ve always screamed they should have to disclose who the damn ump crew gonna be for a series, makes no sense they don’t make it known! We need a source at the airport! Find out where these fuckers flying! Lol

Looking at atl, think they a tad cheap, but damn, musgrove numbers in March/April have been sick the last 3 years! Sub 2 era w a .465 ops against in 5 games last year (.540 in ‘19). Braves do have a handful of lefties bats to throw at him which he hasn’t been as effective against, not bad just not as good as vs right handed hitters.

Surprised ppl making a big deal bout Kershaw being pulled w the perfect game going yesterday.. I didn’t think there was any chance he would keep going, I don’t recall any starters going much further than 80 pitches in their 1st start this year with the shortened spring. Given Kershaw injury history and age there no chance they should have sent him back out there imo. Doyers trying to win a legit WS (not the bs one they got in pandemic season :) ), it be dumb to risk getting him hurt or even putting the extra strain on him just to go for a perfect game.

It would be nice to know who behind the plate in San Diego also. I have no doubt I’m gonna have all my plays in before we know so just have to hope for the best. In all honesty I have put far less focus on worrying bout umps the last 2 years and I havnt noticed it really mattering a ton in my results.

Back