Thursday Discussion Thread

Chatwood to Cole to close out the Braves tonight since their only RHP in the pen Tomlin came in and served up a bomb to Teoscar. Maybe Romano would have worked at 2-1, but it was still a save situation so i'll say after 29 pitches he was unavailable

leans

May 13eflin
flaherty
CROWE
GONZALEZC
KELLYM
TURNBULL
pineda
manaea
HILLR
foltynewicz

Castillo has been terrible besides one start vs PIT, can't see him suddenly clicking at Coors but i have no idea how anybody can back the Rockies right now with the closer unable to get through an inning without conceding at least one run

Burnes coming off a two-week respite due to COVID but supposedly did not have a single symptom. No idea what will come of that, but Flaherty has been doing Flaherty things with some brighter spots than the usual struggle through 5-6 with a high pitch count and some wow-ing pitches

Reyes night off should help so if Flaherty goes 6 and Reyes gets the 9th then who does 7-8? Gallegos? Cabrera or Helsley are a yikes

Chatwood to Cole to close out the Braves tonight since their only RHP in the pen Tomlin came in and served up a bomb to Teoscar. Maybe Romano would have worked at 2-1, but it was still a save situation so i'll say after 29 pitches he was unavailable

leans

May 13eflin
flaherty
CROWE
GONZALEZC
KELLYM
TURNBULL
pineda
manaea
HILLR
foltynewicz
Chatwood has been unbelievably good. Is Phelps out too?

I’d love to see what this Jays team can do IF they can get Springer healthy now that Teoscar is finding his groove, and get these stud pen arms back, although the pen has still been good, and let Pearson gain traction and remove Stripling from the rotation lol

Murphy and Hatch are coming close to their 60 day return. Murphy, by all accounts, looks ready to go..Hatch is the more interesting injury as they said when the 60 days is up he will be coming back as a starter and they expect him to be hit the ground running. I'm predicting he's going to fuck up his arm after a couple of starts

Corbin has rightfully been getting bagged on, now he's a ridiculous discount against this team that could make any of us right with our 55 mph fastballs

just as predicted... get away day, series won and throwing Stripling let's go

Corbin has rightfully been getting bagged on, now he's a ridiculous discount against this team that could make any of us right with our 55 mph fastballs

who do you expect to hit in that WSH lineup besides Soto? Turner isn't scary and Eflin has been great

who do you expect to hit in that WSH lineup besides Soto? Turner isn't scary and Eflin has been great
You know I don't do matchups, won't take much from anyone

Situation is what I love about it, would take Phils under but 27 ABs so played WAS and 1st5 under

looking at Flaherty still

Hader has worked 4 of 5, but has worked b3b this season so he's probably available. Not sure what we're gonna get from Burnes though

Hey now, The last time I went to the fair, they had the guess how fast you throw. I was hitting 70 mph!

looking at Flaherty still

Hader has worked 4 of 5, but has worked b3b this season so he's probably available. Not sure what we're gonna get from Burnes though
Burnes, seemed to hit more of the zone last start but with the exact same everything else. Which is why you see a 7.2ERA with a .88xFIP in that start.

Burnes had asymptomatic Covid, not some throwing soreness. If he comes out and gets shelled, it's because his fat ass sat around and did nothing.

Burnes had asymptomatic Covid, not some throwing soreness. If he comes out and gets shelled, it's because his fat ass sat around and did nothing.
are they even allowed to be in the facilities with asymptomatic covid?

Morton has to be hurt right? Even though it was only spring training, you don't twirl those numbers and then have this start to the season.

are they even allowed to be in the facilities with asymptomatic covid?
No, but I read an article that he said he was doing stuff at his place. Take that with a grain of salt.

Cueto came off the IL and couldn't throw 50 pitches. I assume that's because he did nothing.

No but they can go to the back yard and stay sharp
with who? don't they have to stay inside their homes. I guess you could throw into a net in the backyard but it's just not the same

with who? don't they have to stay inside their homes. I guess you could throw into a net in the backyard but it's just not the same
Just saying if you go two weeks without throwing and keeping strength as an MLB pitcher you've failed at keeping your money maker sharp

I think that's what he did. It's kind of a judgement call. I would expect him to come out at 80%.

Just saying if you go two weeks without throwing and keeping strength as an MLB pitcher you've failed at keeping your money maker sharp
I think we're both on the same side here, i'm on STL, I just don't think symptoms or not they will come out sharp off 2 weeks of no pitching and only strength and conditioning. I mean look at pitchers coming off the IL with facilities at their disposal just never as sharp

I think we're both on the same side here, i'm on STL, I just don't think symptoms or not they will come out sharp off 2 weeks of no pitching and only strength and conditioning. I mean look at pitchers coming off the IL with facilities at their disposal just never as sharp
I think there is going to be a dip. It's just how much?

Agree, sharp is much more important than velocity

I kinda assume most MLB pitchers have a mound in their back yards lol...and a catcher even if it's Joe from next door

Back