Thursday can't make it through the 8th Discussion

Any chance angels tt is 3.5?
Guthrie might give that up by the 3rd.

Yea sometimes books will give you a gift every now and then.

Hope it's 4 +100

cant see having any desire to be against the jays in the foreseeable future. half tempted to play them just cause they pretty cheap and while gray is awesome i dont think he gonna get a whole hell a lot of support from his offense who been miserable vs lefties most the year and even worse of late only avg about 2.3 runs per 9 and facing a buerle who been great at home posting a whip barely over 1 and has a great history with this ump. i guess i could easily pass here cause im really looking forward to hammering jays all weekend as they beat the brakes off the yanks but then i think to myself "why at a pretty cheap price to play the best team in baseball right now?".

i almost always back liriano vs my cards so agree with you there even tho it so tough to bet against cards at home. been playing under all series and dont see a lot of reasons not to play this one as well, the 6.5 almost has me wanting to pass but vanunder behind the plate pretty much ensures ill be playing it..

would like to continue riding the scrubbies but they getting really expensive. might parlay them with jays as that been working well of late :)

according to Toronto media, the day game in Toronto today is sold out as is the skanks series this weekend...heck of an atmosphere here, winning is contagious.

Would consider under in the jays game:
-Gray will keep them on their toes like he did in Oakland
-after 10 or more runs this season the jays have scored: 1,1,2,4,1,7,1,2,3,5,3,0,6,2,6 or 2.93/game
-have yanks on deck this weekend with the series won
-marky b solid at home + ump

A quick look tells me that -

Toronto is 3-12 SU this season off a SU win in which they scored 10+ runs. Out of those 15 subsequent games in which...
- they were at home
- they played an AL opponent
- they played the same opponent who they beat the previous game
...they've gone 2-5 SU (6-1 to Under).

Oakland is 3-1 SU this season off a 7+ run loss (had the lead at one stage in their only loss, which was by 1 run).

------
On August 4th against Boston, the Yankees scored 9 runs in the 7th inning. Since then, they've managed the grand total of 8 non-extra innings runs through their last 63 regulation innings.

Yankees have not managed a regulation inning total between 3-11 runs for 11 games. Must be close to a franchise record.

Cleveland is on a season high 9-game run without having suffered a 2+ run loss. Their previous longest such streaks this season have been 7 games (twice), then 6 games (once), then 5 games (once).

although...

[h=2]vs. Batters[/h]Sorting only sorts the values in the table shown · Click a player to see each PA · Glossary · SHARE · CSV · Export · PRE · ?

[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table suppress_embed suppress_link"]
<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>[TR]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]Name[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]PA[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]AB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]H[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]2B[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]3B[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]HR[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]RBI[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BA[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]OBP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SLG[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]OPS[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SH[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]IBB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]HBP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]GDP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]missG[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Justin Smoak[/TD]
[TD="class: highlight_text bold_text, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important, align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].222[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].300[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].333[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].633[/TD]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Edwin Encarnacion[/TD]
[TD="class: highlight_text bold_text, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important, align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].000[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Jose Bautista[/TD]
[TD="class: highlight_text bold_text, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important, align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].250[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].250[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].500[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].750[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Russell Martin[/TD]
[TD="class: highlight_text bold_text, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important, align: right"]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Chris Colabello[/TD]
[TD="class: highlight_text bold_text, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important, align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Mark Buehrle[/TD]
[TD="class: highlight_text bold_text, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important, align: right"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Ben Revere[/TD]
[TD="class: highlight_text bold_text, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important, align: right"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Troy Tulowitzki[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tfoot>[TR="class: stat_total, bgcolor: #DADCDE"]
[TD="align: left"]Total[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]33[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]28[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].107[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].242[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].179[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].421[/TD]
[/TR]
</tfoot>[/TABLE]

cant see having any desire to be against the jays in the foreseeable future. half tempted to play them just cause they pretty cheap and while gray is awesome i dont think he gonna get a whole hell a lot of support from his offense who been miserable vs lefties most the year and even worse of late only avg about 2.3 runs per 9 and facing a buerle who been great at home posting a whip barely over 1 and has a great history with this ump. i guess i could easily pass here cause im really looking forward to hammering jays all weekend as they beat the brakes off the yanks but then i think to myself "why at a pretty cheap price to play the best team in baseball right now?".

i almost always back liriano vs my cards so agree with you there even tho it so tough to bet against cards at home. been playing under all series and dont see a lot of reasons not to play this one as well, the 6.5 almost has me wanting to pass but vanunder behind the plate pretty much ensures ill be playing it..

would like to continue riding the scrubbies but they getting really expensive. might parlay them with jays as that been working well of late :)

i'm losing making good plays and bad plays, so why not trust a guy who can possibly go CG against a guy who pitches to contact like Buehrle... and the PIT defense last night was horrendous so i'm surprised you held on

Toronto look ahead to Yanks. Very good ump for Mark. Really do not see how they can lose now. Chavez 8.80 ERA on turf

No Tulo, No Martin and Endcarnacion will miss his 4th straight game. Buehrle is 7-1 low 2 Era last 13 starts.
Chavez is coming off a nice start but I can't remember the last time Buehrle gave up more then 3 runs. IMO if you bet Oakland your betting a price and really hoping to get lucky which is possible. Oakland terrible against lefties and early games so if you can make a case for Oakland other then if Toronto scores more then 10 runs there 3-12. Was that record against under 500 teams and at home?
Big old pass. No much today. Good Luck have a good one.

No Tulo, No Martin and Endcarnacion will miss his 4th straight game. Buehrle is 7-1 low 2 Era last 13 starts.
Chavez is coming off a nice start but I can't remember the last time Buehrle gave up more then 3 runs. IMO if you bet Oakland your betting a price and really hoping to get lucky which is possible. Oakland terrible against lefties and early games so if you can make a case for Oakland other then if Toronto scores more then 10 runs there 3-12. Was that record against under 500 teams and at home?
Big old pass. No much today. Good Luck have a good one.
played under even with the pitching change, dont' see a route of any kind today.

i'm losing making good plays and bad plays, so why not trust a guy who can possibly go CG against a guy who pitches to contact like Buehrle... and the PIT defense last night was horrendous so i'm surprised you held on

Both teams gave up runs on routine singles played into triples by the outfielder, really lucky to hold on.

Jays are just sick with it right now. I'm playing rl and -2.5 lines on them. Team is on a mission.

Dombrowski's worthless. I know the owner's a kook, but he leaves the Tigers with two of the worst contracts in MLB history. And most said they were stupid on signing day.

the tulo trade was genius, price not so much

you gotta have a ace to win in the postseason. i have no clue what they gave up or if price just a rental or what? i do know he gives them a far better chance of winning the whole damn thing this year..

price is a rental and they gave two huge prospects, which isn't worth it to me

as i said i didnt know what the deal included and certainly dont know anything about prospects. even big time prospects not exactly locks o pan out, i say if you have a shot you should go for it, if the win the WS im sure they will never regret the deal..

big if with no bullpen

no pen seems a little harsh. no middle relief seems more accurate and that a problem with a lot of teams. the 8th and 9th seem to be in more than capable hands. think in this day and age with such limited offense having a lineup this sick will overcome a lot of other areas and there really not much to overcome. i think the starters are more than capable and the back end looks lock down to me. even when they facing a teams ace that guy is gonna have to work so hard that it not the jays middle relief that i think will be tested.. of coarse it still pretty early to be getting this hot, long time to sustain. it just nice to see some damn offense these days. lol

Have been enjoying their run every day myself

same here, it so rare im actually on a streak from the beginning and continue betting it. so nice to wake up and already know what my biggest bet of day gonna be without even bothering with this whole capping thing. lol

Love them. Getting my passport ready for a cubs jays World Series.

On yanks tonight along with some foosball

My favorite moment of this baseball season, since it's been a fucking nightmare, was the disappointment in the faces of those pantywaist kids in Yankee hats next to their light loafer fathers when the Tribe tied it up in the 10th on Tuesday night. Taught my daughter how to tactfully laugh not in a Yankee fan face (that would be rude), but next to a Yankee fan deuche face.

God, I hate the fucking Yankees.

price is a rental and they gave two huge prospects, which isn't worth it to me

GM trying to save his job. Desperate move.

Price seems to be a good clubhouse guy, the city loves him. So far so good.

Game 1 of the playoffs and they will likely be faves no matter what the situation. Not a terrible trade at all.

Tribe hasn't swept the Yanks in three games in Cleveland since 1970, Bauer doing his best to keep the streak intact.

Back