Thursday bases

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
MLB 2007: 87 W-7V-72 L +74.97 units

Taking it easy tonight, as far as the number of picks is concerned.

Toronto - Tampa Bay over 9.5 (1.97 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

First I leaned TB, then I said no way does Edwin Jackson get my money, then I noticed several factors pointing to an over here, and the line actually being more than fair.
The fact is, Toronto's offense is coming to life. At the same time, Tampa Bay have won three of four and seven out of 12 games. They're coming off a win last night behind Kazmir, and have tortured the Jays the night before as they shelled Roy Halladay, even though the home team erased a 5 run deficit in the 9th to win 12-11.
Both pitchers are hittable: AJ Burnett (5-5, 4.02 ERA) will try to bounce back from consecutive losses.

After allowing four runs in eight innings during a 4-2 loss at Minnesota on May 27, Burnett gave up three runs and six hits in 7 1-3 innings and struck out a season-high 12 on Friday in a 3-0 loss against the Chicago White Sox.

Burnett is 6-1 with a 2.45 ERA in 10 starts against the Devil Rays.

Edwin Jackson on the other hand, has been abysmal this year: (0-7, 7.77 ERA).
The Blue Jays used a lot of their bullpen in the last two days, as both Halladay and Ohka didn't make it through the 3rd inning.
They are relying on Burnett to last until at least 7th, since their pen guys have been overused in the past few days. At the same time, we have some Devil Ray bats on fire, lead by Carl Crawford.
Toronto can definitely feast off Jackson and TB middle relief, so I don't see an obstacle for this total to be exceeded.

Cardinals (Wainwright) (-1) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Took the adjusted runline to get a better price. Two teams heading in different directions. Well actually, the Reds aren't going anywhere, ever since their awful streak took place, they can't get a break.
Something is really rotten in that team, they lack any kind of chemistry or cohesion, and they've been losing games in every possible way. Whether it's by a fielding error or by simply sub par pitching, or just the fact their offense can't produce consistently, take your pick.
And Kyle Lohse (2-7, 4.58 ERA) isn't likely to put a stop to that trend. Even though Lohse has pitched much better in his past two starts after losing his six previous outings, the Cardinals are on a surge right now and will try to get back to .500 as soon as possible. They've got Rolen, Eckstein and Pujols hitting and producing, and they've already tagged Lohse this year, as he was reached for five runs and 11 hits through six innings in a 7-5 loss at St. Louis on April 26. He is 0-2 with a 5.29 ERA in three career starts against the Cardinals.
Adam Wainwright (4-4, 5.12 ERA) isn't the sharpest pitcher ever, but he has surrendered two runs or fewer in five of his past six starts, and has given up only one home run in his last seven outings, spanning 38 1-3 innings.
I think the Cards keep their streak going.

Arizona - San Francisco under 8 (1.90 @Pinnacle) 4 units

A Hile tail. He already explained it in his thread.

Leans:
Washington +1
Oakland

Good luck tonight guys. :shake: :cheers:

"A hile Tail" --no joke satyr, I am about to make a seperate part of my record that says "Hile Tails"... and just roll with it.

I like the Cards pick just too pricey for me right now, was thinking about it at -143, now its -154 and i just dunno. Although I think you have the right side.

Best of luck, You got thoughts on the Mutts/Phillies game?

too tough to call if you ask me. Mets hit lefties well but Philly has the momentum and Hamels is a stud. A very tough call...over maybe?

too tough to call if you ask me. Mets hit lefties well but Philly has the momentum and Hamels is a stud. A very tough call...over maybe?

I am not directing this at you in anyway...I feel like I am in the 10% that likes the Phillies here and I don't mind that because this Mets play seems to be a consensus everywhere I look.. I just want a Met Backer to give me a reason other than:

"Mets at home to avoid the sweep" and "Mets hit LHP"

Because the truth of the matter is that, on the yr, yes they hit LHP at .317. Over their last 10 games its only .276...The last 3 LHP they faced put up 21.2ip, 20h, 3er combined vs. them. In five of their last 8 games they average under .200 as a team. Add in the injuries to Chavez and Easley and the lineup got weaker.

I just feel like it is too easy to say "Mets avoid the sweep at home and kill LHP" because they are almost a .500 team at home and they havent been killing LHP recently.

Ahhh thats my rant, sorry had to write it here.

my first lean were the Phillies as well Green, but I couldn't pull the trigger. The price is fair when you think about it. Mets are the better team, it's not only about LHP hitting edge, they are the better team. But that doesn't matter much, what matters is, I'm not that into Phillies, I don't have a good enough take on that team to know where and when their momentum shifts will occur.

So I stay away and play their games more rarely.

:shake:

btw I'm starting to like Texas. I don't rate Maroth that highly and I think they respond big after that 0-10 embarrassment last night.

at plus money, I'm willing to take a shot.

And if SD don't overpower Kuo behind Peavy, then I don't know what to think any more :D.

Kuo sucks. Watch him vs the Pirates, they should have crushed him early.

Peavy OWNS LAD so no cant argue there

Toronto - Tampa Bay over 9.5 (1.97 @ Pinnacle) 6 units
Cardinals (Wainwright) (-1) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 7 units
Arizona - San Francisco under 8 (1.90 @Pinnacle) 4 units
Texas 3 units
Houston 3 units
SD RL 2 units

sweep :( :eek:

Yup...I had a funny feeling when Wheeler came in. Sure enough, Kazuo doubles to start off. When that loser doubles deep off of you, you don't deserve to be in the game late.

Back