Thursday bases (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Toronto - Detroit over 10.5 runs (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 8 units

I see a very good chance of this one cashing in. First of, both teams haven't quite been hitting the ball so far in the season (Detroit is 2-6 when it comes to exceeding the 10.5 run margin, and Toronto are 4-4), this won't be their first meeting of the season, they played twice already (one clash was postponed) in Detroit, splitting the games, Detroit won 5-3 and Toronto took the game 10-9 with Robertson and Burnett on the mound for their respective teams.
What I really like here is starting pitchers obviously. Tomo Ohka definitely isn't a star, he allowed a first-pitch, leadoff homer in his last outing, and did not receive a decision after being reached for five runs, six hits and three walks in 4 1-3 innings of an 8-5 Blue Jays win over Tampa Bay on Saturday.

Some Tigers' hitters haven't been hitting squat into the new season (Sheffield, Inge, Ordonez, Granderson were all sub par so far), and several Detroit sluggers have fared well against Ohka in their career, namely Sheffield, Perez, Polanco, Ordonez, this could be a chance for them to break out of the slump and light up the scoreboard.
On the other side, Toronto just love lefties. Last season they had a great record against LHPs, especially at home, and Mike Maroth is far from unhittable. Despite a very small pattern, Alex Rios is hitting .833 off Maroth, Clayton and Wells have had some success against Maroth as well. Maroth gave up four runs and six hits in five innings of a 6-5 win over Kansas City on Saturday in his first start since May 25 after having arthroscopic elbow surgery last June.
Toronto are a team with a rather potent lineup, and the Tigers are last year's finalists, enough said. They should be able to put some runs on the scoreboard as well, and I'm looking for them to start turning this O/U trend around.
I absolutely love this play and even though I haven't done well with the totals this season (if I'm not mistaking 0-2, both times Yanks at the Metrodome), overs have been a real moneymaker for me in recent seasons and I hope this season won't be an exception.

Good luck guys.:cheers:

Thanks guys. I can't be compared to SportsNut's super writeups, but I'm trying :D.

GL let's do it tonight :cheers:

Back