Thursday Bases and a few thoughts

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
need a record update but it will have to wait

Thanks to XhuegoX and sunshine11 for the vote of confidence. WiretoWire and bloodhound have a book in the works titled ''Capping Sports''. The problem is, I cant get Wire to retire long enough to finish the book

Two early games today
noon
902 Atlanta Braves* -101 vs San Diego Padres x2
901 San Diego Padres/Atlanta Braves* Over 7 -113 x2
902 Atlanta Braves* -105 vs San Diego Padres for 1st 5 Innings x2
901 San Diego Padres/Atlanta Braves* Over 3½ -115 for 1st 5 Innings x1
902 Atlanta Braves* Over 3½ +105 vs San Diego Padres x1
901 San Diego Padres* Over 3½ -105 vs Atlanta Braves x1
I am basing these plays on the SP overall poor performance this season.Cashner is 1-1, 8.31 in his last three starts, all of which went over. Teheran is 0-1, 7.65 in his last three starts and nine of his last ten went over and Teheran has not been the ace the Braves were hoping for this season as the young right-hander averaging 5.2 innings per outing while holding 4.87 ERA
Home side won eight of last nine Padre-Brave games and six of those nine games went over total. San Diego lost three of last four games and eight of their last 10 games went over. Braves won last two, after losing five of their previous six. Cashner was awful on Saturday in Cincinnati, but escaped without getting a decision, despite giving up seven runs and eight hits with five walks in 5 2/3 innings.Teheran, who is 4-2 with a 4.87 ERA. Teheran did not get a decision on Saturday against Pittsburgh, as he allowed four runs and five hits in 7 1/3 innings of a 5-4 win. Cashner is a bit of a mess and the Braves have some of the hottest bats in the majorsThe Braves are 29-30 and have taken two of three in the series after a 14-hit effort in Wednesday's 4-1 victory. The club was batting .245 with a .310 on-base percentage after play May 29, but the Braves have since posted a .308 average and .362 OBP over a 6-5 stretch - the latter of which leads MLB. Cashner @2-8, 4.05 ERA and trying to avoid matching a career high and becoming the first pitcher to nine losses, has allowed 12 earned runs in his last two starts after going 2-7 with a 3.00 ERA and 2.86 run-support average in his first 10. I have more confidence in Teheran than Cashner, who has had little to no luck all season long....just hope Teheran can go deep into the game or my side play may be in trouble because of the Braves really lack of mid game relievers.

912 Cleveland Indians* -112 vs Seattle Mariners x1
911 Seattle Mariners/Cleveland Indians* Under 9 -130 x1
not in love with either of these. Both teams are very inconsistent all season long making this game a tossup imo. The one thing both teams continue to do is fail to produce runs.Happ is 0-0, 3.33 in his last five starts and five of his last seven went over. Marcum is 2-1, 6.00 in his four starts, three of which stayed under. Road team won six of last seven Seattle-Cleveland games; under is 8-4 in last 12 series games. Mariners lost eight of last 11 games, with six of last seven staying under total. Indians are 2-5 in last seven games and have not looked very good and under is 5-2-1 in their last eight. Hoping the Indians gets so MO from the Cavs :)

GL fellas

Agree on the both game totals (sd over and cleveland under)...now just hop onto Tejas ML and i'll be happy,.

Agree on the both game totals (sd over and cleveland under)...now just hop onto Tejas ML and i'll be happy,.
good to hear glen, I thought i may be by my self on the Clev Under
I'll get to Tex in a sec

Wow. I'm on the opposite side of both totals. GL!
tell me why
I can maybe see an Over in Clev but with the way the M's are hitting, I like the Under better.
If both starters but the poor season aside today and pitch their best ball, I can see an Under in Atl....but I dont believe that happens

Thanks for the feedback guys, GL

raining in Atl again and tarp is on the field

913 Texas Rangers* +153 vs Oakland Athletics x1
913 Texas Rangers* +155 vs Oakland Athletics for 1st 5 Innings x1
913 Texas Rangers/Oakland Athletics* Over 7 -140 x1
I dont understand the line on the side here.

The A's own the worst record in the American League although they did look a bit better yesterday.Texas has won eight of its last 11 and are only two games back of Houston in the AL West. Kazmir who has allowed 56 hits and 22 earned runs while striking out 61 over 63 innings for a 2-4 record and a 3.14 ERA. Gonzalez who has allowed five hits and struck out four over 14.2 innings for a 2-0 record and a 0.00 ERA. Texas is 4-6 in last ten games with Oakland and over is 5-1-1 in last seven. Texas won eight of last 11 games and five of last six stayed under. A's lost four of last five games while the under is 5-3-1 in their last nine games. I think the question here is whether the 'rookie' Gonzalez continue his outstanding pitching or does he start regressing?? I dont know but my feeling says he will get hit some today and I feel like Tex could have a big day off of Kaz. Both tms bats have cooled off a bit recently but I still feel a over but like the Rangers as the plus money play more
and a bad stat for me is: with Miller btp. the home tm is 24-9 last 33...ouch
but without my crystal ball working at present, I just go with stats and what i feel :)

913 Texas Rangers* +153 vs Oakland Athletics x1
913 Texas Rangers* +155 vs Oakland Athletics for 1st 5 Innings x1
913 Texas Rangers/Oakland Athletics* Over 7 -140 x1
I dont understand the line on the side here.

The A's own the worst record in the American League although they did look a bit better yesterday.Texas has won eight of its last 11 and are only two games back of Houston in the AL West. Kazmir who has allowed 56 hits and 22 earned runs while striking out 61 over 63 innings for a 2-4 record and a 3.14 ERA. Gonzalez who has allowed five hits and struck out four over 14.2 innings for a 2-0 record and a 0.00 ERA. Texas is 4-6 in last ten games with Oakland and over is 5-1-1 in last seven. Texas won eight of last 11 games and five of last six stayed under. A's lost four of last five games while the under is 5-3-1 in their last nine games. I think the question here is whether the 'rookie' Gonzalez continue his outstanding pitching or does he start regressing?? I dont know but my feeling says he will get hit some today and I feel like Tex could have a big day off of Kaz. Both tms bats have cooled off a bit recently but I still feel a over but like the Rangers as the plus money play more
and a bad stat for me is: with Miller btp. the home tm is 24-9 last 33...ouch
but without my crystal ball working at present, I just go with stats and what i feel :)

Yesssss

guys, I am finally home in the mountains and my internet connection speed is piss poor, a very slow dialup speed, like 5kbits/sec(and sometimes nonexistent ) so if I dont get back to u in a timely manor I apologize now. I have to call most of my plays in and it makes posting hard...but its worth it to me to live here.

Nice hits on the early games blood. Glad to hear you're back up in the promised land...

:cheers:

This is why Blood is so valuable. I'm looking the opposite and find a reason for his side. He saved me a bundle in the Braves game. +1u looks a lot nicer than in the books! Thanks buddy! $$$

Last edited:
the rangers riped my heart right out as they shit the bed big timeMia -134 and Over 8 -110Giants + 115 and Over 7 -170Bos +100 and Over 8all x1Thanks for all of the support and feedback guysGL

Back