Thursday 8-28-08 NCAA Selections

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
D

ddk997

$Lets make some money guys$

2008-2009 (0-0)
Recent plays: - - -​

NC State @ South Carolina 8pm EDT (ESPN)
South Carolina - 12

Steve Spurrier will have South Carolina ready right from the kickoff, after ending last season on a sour note. Lets remember their offense is still very unconsistant, however their defense is one of the best in the league. Lets remember, last year they were without Jasper Brinkley and Captain were lost for the season due to injuries, they had climbed into the Top 10 and gave every team they played a tough fight. (even when their offense was struggling badly). I believe South Carolina should have its way on the ground against NC State seven front lineman, which should break open some pass plays along with a fully healthy defense keys their victory to end their 0-4 run against NC State.
Fearless Prediction:
South Carolina 28
NC State 10

-------------------------------
Wake Forest @ Baylor 8 pm EDT
Wake Forest - 13

Baylor has A New Head Coach Art Briles, whom has been known to not run offenses well. I also believe the players will need some time to adjust to his schemes. Wake Forest offense will be too much too handle as Riley Skinner is a smart and accurate QB, who led the league in completion % last year. Look for Wake Forest to prove they arent ranked in the top 25 for nothing.
Fearless Prediction:
Wake Forest 35
Baylor 17

NOTE: All plays for 1 UNIT

GL YA'LL

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice picks. On SC and have Wake down to -6 in a teaser. GL to us.

Like to see what you have on tap for the weekend.

I have have these 2 games in a teaser as well. I love teasers early in the year, and will be posting them before the kickoffs tomorrow night

Wake (-6.5)
SC (-6)

:cheers:

$Lets make some money guys$

2008-2009 (0-0)
Recent plays: - - -​

South Carolina - 12

Steve Spurrier will have South Carolina ready right from the kickoff, after ending last season on a sour note. Lets remember their offense is still very unconsistant, however their defense is one of the best in the league. Lets remember, last year they were without Jasper Brinkley and Captain were lost for the season due to injuries, they had climbed into the Top 10 and gave every team they played a tough fight. (even when their offense was struggling badly). I believe South Carolina should have its way on the ground against NC State seven front lineman, which should break open some pass plays along with a fully healthy defense keys their victory to end their 0-4 run against NC State.
Fearless Prediction:
South Carolina 28
NC State 10

Wake Forest - 13

Baylor has A New Head Coach Art Briles, whom has been known to not run offenses well. I also believe the players will need some time to adjust to his schemes. Wake Forest offense will be too much too handle as Riley Skinner is a smart and accurate QB, who led the league in completion % last year. Look for Wake Forest to prove they arent ranked in the top 25 for nothing.
Fearless Prediction:
Wake Forest 35
Baylor 17

GL YA'LL

Oregon State @ Stanford 9pm EDT (ESPN2)
Oregon State - 3

I believe the the beavers offense will be too much for Stanford to handle. This is almost the same identical team from last year, when they met back in 07. I find stanford getting too much credit early in the year even after that improbable play from last year against USC. Oregon State had many chances to blow up their lead as they had no problems getting into Stanfords' territory, however they were forced three times to kick FGs's in the 2nd half. They were the favorite -14, ending the game winning 23-6. Watch for the Beavers to pound the ball on the ground with Grant, while Riley has a solid passing game marching into Stanford Red Zone almost on every possession.
Fearless Prediction:
Oregon State 31
Stanford 20

also pretty sure Bernard is gone...

(edit) not trying to just point out your mistakes, just giving you a heads up in case Bernard's talent (rightfully so) would have had some weight in your decision to take the Beavers.

:tiphat:

also pretty sure Bernard is gone...

Few More Reasons for Oregon State - 3

Sorry I am trying to type this all in my head, I meant to say Ryan Mcants, whom is already being called the next GREAT RB at Oregon St.

QB Riley will also be getting much help and improvement from last year getting guard Jeremy Perry back from a broken leg that knocked him out for the season in the first game last year.

Dont forget about the two recievers Sammie Stroughter and James Rodgers. Sammie Stroughter will finally be back and set for a huge return as people say he is the number one player on this football team. James Rodger was labeled by Oregon State as one of the most electrifying young players in the country.

GL everyone, thanks for letting me know my errors pokey!:tiphat:

Play Of The Week

South Carolina - 12

Fearless Prediction:
South Carolina 28
NC State 10

Wake Forest - 13

Fearless Prediction:
Wake Forest 35
Baylor 17

Oregon State @ Stanford 9pm EDT (ESPN2)
Oregon State - 3

I believe the the beavers offense will be too much for Stanford to handle. This is almost the same identical team from last year, when they met back in 07. I find stanford getting too much credit early in the year even after that improbable play from last year against USC. Oregon State had many chances to blow up their lead as they had no problems getting into Stanfords' territory, however they were forced three times to kick FGs's in the 2nd half. They were the favorite -14, ending the game winning 23-6. Watch for the Beavers to pound the ball on the ground with Grant, while Riley has a solid passing game marching into Stanford Red Zone almost on every possession.
Fearless Prediction:
Oregon State 31
Stanford 20

-------------------------
PLAY OF THE WEEK - *2 UNITS
Vanderbilt @ Miami Ohio 7:30pm EDT
Miami Ohio - 3.5
Miami Ohio is coming into the 2008 season favored to be the powerhouse of the MAC. Vanderbilt on paper doesn't look like they will be very good this year, maybe not even reaching close near the .500 mark. They lost a huge majority of their players who got them close to the .500 mark last year. Miami Ohio made it to the MAC championship title last year, although they struggled on the way there, you gotta keep in mind they are very young players. They have three very talented linebackers and a dominate defense, which should be very good this year. I believe tonight Miami-Ohio defense will shut-down Vandy and their offense will be running on all cylinders.
Miami-Ohio 24
Vanderbilt 6

Note: All plays 1 unit unless noted
That's it for today, good luck tonight! :cheers:

Back