Thursday 2da babble Discussion

Kinda have a dilemma in the pirates/rays game. Eflin career numbers fit the bill of the kinda pitcher I been going after with the pirates, lefties have 130 point higher ops vs him in his career which naturally has me drooling over the price.

The problem is Eflin is now in tampa where pitchers not only grow on trees but they fix broken ones. This year Eflin has some sick reverse splits going where lefties only have a .539 ops vs him, it only been 34 at bats so it really tough to know if tampa has sprinkled the magic pixie dust or it just really small sample coincidence? They have tinkered with his pitch mix, he has all but abandoned his 4 seamer and is throwing a cutter way more often, cutters been known to be pretty effective vs lefties. This one is tough.

Pirates featuring their own reclamation project having gotten Vince valasquez to look like a reasonably good pitcher by changing his pitch mix quite a bit. All they have really done is get him to ax his curve and throw way more sliders, can’t argue w the results but I’m not a huge fan of 2 pitch starters unless they have truly elite velo and/or movement on the heater and a wipe out secondary (slider in his case). His stuff is good and maybe I should look closer before saying this but I’m not sure it fits the bill for a starter getting by w 2 pitches? He will prob make the cardinals look stupid several times but will this approach work vs tampa?

I’m torn here. I really want to be on pirates but I also recall another guy throwing a cutter totally shut them down, granted Ashcraft cutter is elite and I dunno that Eflin is close to that? Certainly can’t sniff his velo. It still presents a problem since he has had much better results vs lefties this year. I’m to the point I trust valasquez in certain spots but this might not be one of them. This game will tell me a lot more about Eflin but I’d sure like to figure it out beforehand! I’m gonna look at some his pitches vs lefties this year before I make a decision on this one. If anyone has thoughts don’t be shy.

By all accounts JV looked really good in his rehab start, he lived 94-95 with the heater which pretty much where he been during this last run of greatness, the slider looked sharp. Believe I saw he threw 65ish pitches so I’d think we talking bout 80-85 give or take, that feels like a reasonable assumption to me. That should be enough to hold tigers down for 5 innings. Rodriguez has been fantastic this year, he just went 12+ innings in b2b starts against a O’s lineup that been putting it on LHP. He is gonna put up good numbers in this park. Gotta lean Ff or full game under here.

I have no freaking clue what we see out of Flaherty ?, I was shocked cards got some runs of ohtani but then in typical cards fashion couldn’t muster anything else against a crappy pen. How can you lay juice with this team? Once again they had to go to Helsly early to get out of a jam cause they have nobody else in the pen who can put fires out. That leaves Gallegos closing and he fine but far from a shut down closer, another loss for cards.

Canning another guy who throws a lot of sliders and other off speed more than the fastball, it’s clear there a book out on cards cause I think ohtani threw more sliders than I ever seen considering his other great pitches, I saw him triple up on sliders a bunch of times! I’m not the only one noticing they can’t hit them! The guys who took ohtani yard they need desperately as it was Gorman and Carlson, not the righties who look stupid against sliders.

I really dunno what to say here? You can pretty much count on cards not scoring much vs anyone at this point. You can’t trust any starter other than Mikolas, the pen continues to only have 1 or 2 reliable options at most. This a shit show yet they are -130s? Lol, why? There no way anyone in their right mind is laying juice with this team! I assume ohtani will get day off but I don’t know that, maybe he can DH? You can’t really trust flaherty or pen to play a under. Just take the plus money or move on imo

Im so glad cards sent down our great prospect who started his career hitting in 13 straight games, we have looked soooo much better since that stupid fuckimg move that is probably gonna ruin him! Way to go management! You are officially turning into one the worst front offices in the league!

Getting the coffee in me early trying to comb thru this shit to find some good plays. Most the card is early so gotta get on it.

Cubs only averaging 3 runs a game on this road trip and that only cause a 6-7 loss in Miami and the 5-1 series opener in washigton, throw those 2 games out and they scoring less than 2 runs a game in the other 4. Something gotta give today cause Corbin is ass, don’t make the mistake of looking at his metrics and thinking he should be getting better results, he has consistently kept a era a run and a half to 2 runs higher than his xfip, I guess cause his k:bb isn’t terrible and his babip always high but that might just be cause he gets hit hard, that not bad luck it bad pitching! Cubs have one the best ops in the league against lhp this year. I gotta think they end this trip putting up some runs. I have no interest laying -210 on Tallion but I do like the Ff team total ov 2.5.

Swanson and wisdom been teeing off on lhp, surprisingly bellinger has been also hitting 4 his bombs off lefties, he never had terrible splits but nothing like this. Suzuki has strong numbers vs lhp. Turning happ around limits him but there plenty of guys that can do damage against corbin. Ff ov2.5 is -110 at moment, that where I’m at with scrubbies.

Miley has had mixed results at coors. He has had some very good starts but he has also been blown up a few times. I guess this a pen game for rox? Feel like we gonna get a bunch of runs in coors today.

Are the white Sox actually turning things around? They been out pitching twins pen this series, cease is still overrated imo but they finally got the kinda start out of kopech they been expecting. Giolito has only had one ugly inning in his last 3-4 starts, this a big one here. I wanna like the twins to avoid the sweep but knowing cws they sweep this series then they go to cincy and lose 2 of 3! Lol. Lopez dominated cws the 1st time he saw them, I think anderson was hurt by then, they a different team with him leading off. I want to like the twins to avoid the sweep but if I’m being honest with how I bet bases it tough to not say the plus money isn’t the right side cause this game feels very much like a coin flip.

I don’t do many hitter props but I like Swanson and Wisdom ov 1.5 bases, assuming bellinger in lineup I like him also cause love the price tags on him and wisdom at +145 and +135. My score app showing rain in Washington but I don’t see any on weather app and not seeing much on radar so I’m gonna assume everything fine there.

I’m looking more at Eflin vs pirates and I think pirates can get to him. I noted last night how he sporting a much better ops vs lefties than ever before in his career and while it could be partially a result of rays changing up his pitches and using the cutter we also gotta look at the very small sample and more importantly the lefties he has faced in that small sample. His 4 starts have been vs the tigers, A’s, and white Sox twice, we not exactly talking about a murders row of tough left handed hitters in those games! Against the tigers he only faced 2 lefties hitting above the Mendoza line and both got hits, the A’s don’t have any lefty hitters worth talking about and the chisox are extremely right handed. This will be the 1st time his new arsenal will be put to the test against a team stacking lefties. While the cutter could certainly help lesson his career struggles vs lefties im not gonna compare it to Ashcraft cutter that is one of the best in the game and totally shut pirates down.

I like the pirates offense here, the Ff tt ov 1.5 is a play for me. I want to back pirates at this fat number but I’m not totally confident in Velasquez and whether or not his mostly 2 pitch mix he throwing now is good enough to navigate rays lineup multiple times around?

Here we go:

Cubs Ff tt ov 2.5
Pirates Ff tt ov 1.5
Pirates Ff +.5 +115
Mets/det Ff u4

Flaherty ov 5.5 k’s -125
Luzardo ov 6.5 k’s -110
Kirby ov 17.5 outs -190

That gotta be enough action: lol. I’m just passing on twins/cws, I want to play twins but I think cws is the right play at the price.

I know if ya been paying attention it might come as a bit of a surprise I bet Flaherty k’s, believe me it kinda surprised me too! I’m still feeling queasy bout it, lol. His last few starts he is sporting a 13.5 k per 9, it appears to me he starting to get little more on the fastball and the slider has started looking more like it used to. Im still a tad skeptical but this line screams to me they must be seeing some good things from him also. I just noticed it has gotten way higher now, holy shit! Is that just cause trout out it moved that much? Anyways the opener suggested to me confidence in flaherty cause you can’t possibly expect the offense to crush canning!

I can’t believe they all way up to -165, now I really want to play laa!! There no way trout is worth 25 cents to a line! I assumed ohtani might sit, instead it trout, I wouida actuakkg preferred trout in and ohtani out cause trout whiff rate.

This cardinals line is fucking ridiculous. I thought it was silly at -135!! Now they -170?!?!!! I don’t get it.

No one player is worth that much, not sure any one position player is worth moving line at all? I guess maybe a little. If one guy effected winning that much wouldn’t laa be in playoffs every year since they have 2 of the best players in the game?? I dunno, I actually would have preferred trout playing cause he strikes out a lot!! I prob lost one k for flaherty at top the lineup with him out.

I love Luzardo’s k’s. I was super happy to get that at -110. It just comes down to him being good enough he doesn’t get ran from the game early, Braves are gonna strike out vs this guy, long as he don’t give them free passes before the inevitable ball or 2 they crush he should sail to 7+ punch outs. 6 of Braves regulars have struck out 33% or more of their at bats vs him! He has fanned them 24x in 53 plate appearances!

I know Kirby outs is expensive but he really should be one these guys they hang 18.5 outs with, especially against this A’s lineup. He has become a quality start monster going 6 or more in his last 4 starts. He hasn’t eclipsed 90 pitches in any of them so seattle could push him further if they wanted. He so efficient, he doesn’t walk guys and he doesn’t waste a lot of pitches looking for big strike out numbers which we see out a lot of young pitchers, he content to pound the zone and trust his stuff won’t be hit hard. He shouldn’t have any problem going 6+ innings today.

Sucks the early games were so bad. Came back and hit everything late besides Luzardo. Playing flaherty I guess was dumb. I basically screamed angels was the play and instead of getting that nice plus money I take that loser. Just dumb. If I could just be better bout turning my thoughts into plays all the time! Lol

Bello did like usual and started fucjing up around the 4th-5th, that good cause it always keeps his number low! Lol, happened a ton last year they always made him 3.5 or 4.5 and he mostly went over!

Back