Thurs plays and discussion...please discuss with me...first card that i luv

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
I haven't liked the cards so far. Most teams have sent their top 2 pitchers so far, and therefore there has not been much value. I like Thursday's card best so far. Few thoughts, as I hope you add your insights and make this a decent size discussion.

Carpenter should stifle the Pirates. Word on the street is his stuff is dirty and he is gonna be a Cy Young contender again now that hes healthy. Pittsburgh has won a few games, but Jack Wilson isn't going to keep hitting and Ohlendorf is going to get hammered. I like this one, even at a steep price. I don't like laying this much though, and i also don't like runlines, so ill have to decide if i want to break either of those personal rules.

Kershaws a stud, and he could have a huge game vs the Pads. Corriea is a fringe level player. Dodgers should be able to get 3 or 4 off him in 5 innings. And their lineup can't score, so I'd be shocked if they score more than 2 all game. Possible play on LAD

Love the Tigers +101...this kid Porcello is making his ML debut and hes playing a team that has hitting deficiencies. He should be amped up and I expect a good game. Ricky Romero is a decent pitcher too, but in a battle of two rookies, ill take the better one.

Rays/Sox under 8.5...love it

Yankees and TT over....no way they get swept, and no way they dont tee off vs this chump AAA level pitcher Alfredo Simon. Guy shouldnt be in the majors. Glad the O's won their first 2, because they are gonna get smoked.

Royals are a live dog at +143. Davies is an ex prospect who suddenly last september started throwing like he did 4 years ago when he was highly regarded. Look for Danks to go through the sophomore slump a bit. Love the Royals as linesmakers are still treating them like cellar dwellers and they are a pretty decent team

Brett Anderson at +103...love it. and love fading Weaver. This kids a stud...cant wait to watch him actually. Angels coudlnt score much off Cahill and this kid is better. Prob will play this if I am up big for the day. If not I wanna watch the kid first before I bet on him.

Locked in:

Tigers
Dodgers
Cardinals (fuck it ill lay the juice)

4 units: Yanks and Yanks TT over when its released...probably will be 5

agree with you that the royals are live dogs. however, in order to win they're going to have to get their offense going. i don't think they can win only scoring 2 runs. although davies did finish strong last year i don't see him holding this offense to 2 or 3 runs. possibly a play on the over 8.5

wouldnt touch the over. im expecting the royals to hit danks a bit. however, either team here is capable of putting up a goose egg. I think the Royals are going to be a team where I wont bet overs ever

i agree with a lot of your thoughts. like the dodgers and cards, but probably too much juice for me...will most likely be on kc and oakland with you though.

no opinion on the tb/bos total, but very interested in fading dice-k this year. not that he's not a solid pitcher, but he's always overvalued. no way his batting avg against on balls in play can hold up like last year....he comes back down to earth a little bit this season, at least in terms of W-L record.

I actually think Dice K is still getting better. He was solid in the WBC and he just seems to know how to win...if teams are getting runners on base he can still get out of jams. im a fan of his and i think the Rays have trouble scoring. 4-3 game, either team could win

No way the Yankees get swept.....

Why not? Just because they are the Yankees? Teams get swept all the time.
Do you really want to pay -170 or so to find out?

On the Royals & Dodgers, good luck today.

too much talent in the lineup to get swept by cellar dwellers. And I am huge on the fact that I think simon is a joke

too much talent in the lineup to get swept by cellar dwellers. And I am huge on the fact that I think simon is a joke
Young un,Good luck bro..However there is no reason to lay this chalk,did they not have too much talent in the 1st 2 games ?
Let them win pal.

GL today mate

KC eats up lefties, or at least they did last year and only really changed with Coco Crisp and Mike Jacobs adding to that lineup

Back