Thurs 11/01 Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
25-23 YTD
25-22 ATS
0-1 Totals

I have liked Georgia Tech for a while but why they are laying points against this VT team is beyond me. At best it should come down to a PK and thats taking into consideration that they are playing at home ! First of all both of their best running backs, Tashard Choice will not play and his replacement Rashaun Grant is also out. They will have to rely on their "D" to keep this game manageable.
Virginia Tech is pissed about their loss to BC and intend on showing us Thursday Night that it was a fluke the way they lost that game. BTW, I had BC for that game and didnt think VT was going to give them that kind of a battle. They played one helluva game and I think they do it again and prevail this time. Their QB, Tyrod Taylor has a right ankle sprain but I think he will see some play time. I'm taking VT in a defensive battle. I have the score at VT 21...GT 17. I"ll take VT + 2 1/2 and it looks like an Under play if you like totals.

Virginia Tech + 2 1/2
Virginia Tech ML +120 (5Dimes)

Nicely put will most likely be on this one as well. Was going to stay away until I heard GT is without choice and grant

I don't get the line either and its VT play for me as well. One thing I am concerned about is the VT QB situation. GT still has a good agressive defense. If Tyrod is starting, he isn't a big passing threat and he is a true frosh going on the road to a pretty hostile environment. Likely, we will see some freshmen mistake, one of which may cost us a cover. Glennon on the other hand is shaky at best with the ball in his hand and is a huge liability. Got side with VT on special teams and defense and running game which makes it a play

25-23 YTD
25-22 ATS
0-1 Totals

I have liked Georgia Tech for a while but why they are laying points against this VT team is beyond me. At best it should come down to a PK and thats taking into consideration that they are playing at home ! First of all both of their best running backs, Tashard Choice will not play and his replacement Rashaun Grant is also out. They will have to rely on their "D" to keep this game manageable.
Virginia Tech is pissed about their loss to BC and intend on showing us Thursday Night that it was a fluke the way they lost that game. BTW, I had BC for that game and didnt think VT was going to give them that kind of a battle. They played one helluva game and I think they do it again and prevail this time. Their QB, Tyrod Taylor has a right ankle sprain but I think he will see some play time. I'm taking VT in a defensive battle. I have the score at VT 21...GT 17. I"ll take VT + 2 1/2 and it looks like an Under play if you like totals.

Virginia Tech + 2 1/2
Virginia Tech ML +120 (5Dimes)

Thank You much Shark,

Asume the line will not move by game day -I'm on it 3 ways once again .

I want to take a little time to say not only thank you but also to other cappers in this forum .Since I sign up and lurking through out this site for the last 30 days or so, I'm winning more than than I lose last year already!

It's not only I'm get the money I lose LY back -I am gain more confidence when put down the wagers on any given game day

Many thanks to : BAR , Flounder,Believe811 (NBA) -I'm on 5 -0 LN - My bookie just paid me my winning from LW ,and I'm already +2K for this week ! LOL...

Am I gonna quit my Job now ? hahaha ...

:cheers:

Like it. No play yet for me but it is on my short list.. How does VT rebound from the collapse LW? Not sure. GL hope you hit it:cheers:

Last edited:
Its about time for GT to come with another save your job win..L Vagas must be thinking the same thing.

sportfanatic........:cheers:

etg...................I agree about the QB's. Another reason for a low scoring game. :cheers:

JoJo..................Keep burning the books sir. Just use good money magement. :cheers:

tee*dub............They will :) :cheers:

bull...................GL :cheers:

rwhmobile..........Maybe.hehe :tiphat:

Precise......Good to see you :cheers: GL bud.

Steed........Nope. Dont think I'll need it. Matter of fact, I shoulda just took the ML. Oh well. :cheers:

Mr. Saratoga....You obviously have reasons for that. Do you NOT think the defenses will overpower the ofenses on both sides?

This line makes me want to take GT all day. This is one of those times that I think you shouldn't really look at the stats just take GT and you will win big.

GO JACKETS!

Whats up with Thursday night games? I feel like vegas just throws out some obscene lines just to stir up some bets. Looking at GT, I only see really one strength coming from offense. Choice. Okay no problem hes out. Now how bout the back up Grant? Oh hes out. I dont see them getting much out of the offense. Defense seems to be a different story with #41 Phillip Wheeler leading to some strong blitz and blitz packages. Now after that said, I dont think they can keep up with VT esp. after that terrible loss last thursday. I am thrilled that I can take a +125 money line with this game. Good Luck to all. This should be a win for VT.
:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

Something fishy about this line. The line started out at -1.5 GT. GT missing their starting and backup tailbacks but yet the line has moved up to -2.5. Public seems to be on Va Tech. I do see a Va Tech hangover on the road after a tough contest against BC. Va Tech offense is very offensive. GA Tech wins 21-13.

Something fishy about this line. The line started out at -1.5 GT. GT missing their starting and backup tailbacks but yet the line has moved up to -2.5. Public seems to be on Va Tech. I do see a Va Tech hangover on the road after a tough contest against BC. Va Tech offense is very offensive. GA Tech wins 21-13.

:tiphat:

And thats why they call it "reverse trap" :4_12_13:

There is no such thing as a trap or reverse trap IMO. People consider it a "trap" when vegas knows the line should be much smaller than the public thinks. That is not a trap, it is the books actually knowing that the game should be closer than the squares think. A "trap" game means ur assuming that Vegas actually knows who is going to win the game. They DON'T know who is going to win the game nor do they care for the most part.

Now onto the game. GT will be a staple in VT's backfield being 3rd in the nation in sacks while VT is 111th in sacks allowed. GT is rested and has had over a week to prepare for this vanilla offense. It is a Thursday night home game and GT will be just as ready as VT is "pissed". It hurts that Choice is out but the backups have played all year due to his constant injuries so that doesn't worry me much. What worries me is Bennett making mistakes in his own territory. The good thing is GT is 3rd in the nation in sacks allowed so he should stay on his feet. VT has played 3 top ten defenses (in regards to total yards) and not gotten over 250 yards in any of those. I don't see this game being any different bc Glennon can't avoid the rush and Taylor has zero passing ability IMO.

Good health and good info in ur thread.

Like it. No play yet for me but it is on my short list.. How does VT rebound from the collapse LW? Not sure. GL hope you hit it:cheers:

Pulled the trigger on VA tech for a large play. Everything I am seeing from the VA Tech side tells me they are properly motivated.

"That's our motivation," Flowers said. "Everybody here wants Boston College again. They're going to be in the ACC championship. Now we've got to fight every week to get in that championship game. "

:cheers: I am expecting a huge effort by the defense. Turnovers a plenty.

There is no such thing as a trap or reverse trap IMO. People consider it a "trap" when vegas knows the line should be much smaller than the public thinks. That is not a trap, it is the books actually knowing that the game should be closer than the squares think. A "trap" game means ur assuming that Vegas actually knows who is going to win the game. They DON'T know who is going to win the game nor do they care for the most part.

I dissagree with your interpretation of what a trap is. A trap can also be classified as Vegas trying to get a certain amount of money to the other side in order to even the books not that they know who is going to win. With most of the money coming in on VT right now, why do they still have GT favored when they need more money coming in on GT? Because folks are thinking what you stated above about GT. They are creating that doubt and letting you think GT is in fact a good bet. Thats the reverse aspect. :shake:

Pulled the trigger on VA tech for a large play. Everything I am seeing from the VA Tech side tells me they are properly motivated.

"That's our motivation," Flowers said. "Everybody here wants Boston College again. They're going to be in the ACC championship. Now we've got to fight every week to get in that championship game. "

:cheers: I am expecting a huge effort by the defense. Turnovers a plenty.

Amen :cheers:

I'm leaning towards the under right now, as both teams have stout defenses and depend heavily on the run. The more teams run, the faster the clock ticks out. The turnover factor worries me though, not so much from an int. standpoint as from a fumble standpoint. The teams have combined for 32 fumbles, but have only lost 12. I'd like to find individual fumble stats to see who are the culprits of the majority, but can't seem to find a site that has this. Anyone know of a site that breaks it down a little further?

I dissagree with your interpretation of what a trap is. A trap can also be classified as Vegas trying to get a certain amount of money to the other side in order to even the books not that they know who is going to win. With most of the money coming in on VT right now, why do they still have GT favored when they need more money coming in on GT? Because folks are thinking what you stated above about GT. They are creating that doubt and letting you think GT is in fact a good bet. Thats the reverse aspect. :shake:

Why are u suggesting they need more GT money?

I am really floating back and forth today on this game which means I prob shouldn't play it. My issue mostly resolves around the QB situation for VT:

Backing VT without knowing who is playing QB. Taylor can't throw but can avoid a rush, if he starts, he will face massive pressure all night because of his inexperience. Glennon can throw better but he is flat out a liability with the ball in his hands. VT does have players at WR who can beat the GT defense.

With the under, I feel like its a meatball and I am bout to get suckered. These two teams will prob end up with a 27-24 game when neither offense has business scoring that many tonight.

I am looking maybe at a 1st half under with the thought that it will be a pedestrian first half as each team limits their mistakes and feels the other out. This would hopefully result in a lot of runs on 1st and 2nd down, a few incompletes on 3rd down and successful punts on 4th down.

I get a wierd feeling bout GT and they could win this very ugly game liek they did with Clemsux

Ok, I found an angle that interests me. I took all of the games following bye weeks for GTech since Gailey has been coach. This would reflect in a coaches ability to get the team back into playing mode after a long layoff. My findings are the following, with the spreadsheet results below it.

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 248pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="332"><col style="width: 94pt;" width="126"> <col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64"> <col style="width: 58pt;" width="78"> <tbody><tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt; width: 94pt;" height="18" width="126"> <table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 248pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="332"><col style="width: 94pt;" width="126"> <col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64"> <col style="width: 58pt;" width="78"> <tbody><tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 13.2pt; width: 94pt;" height="18" width="126">
</td> <td class="xl24" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">SU</td> <td class="xl24" style="width: 48pt;" width="64">ATS</td> <td class="xl24" style="width: 58pt;" width="78">O/U</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" height="18">2002</td> <td class="xl25">0-1</td> <td class="xl25">0-1</td> <td class="xl25">1-0</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" height="18">2003</td> <td class="xl25">1-1</td> <td class="xl25">1-1</td> <td class="xl25">1-1</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" height="18">2004</td> <td class="xl25">0-2</td> <td class="xl25">0-2</td> <td class="xl25">1-1</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" height="18">2005</td> <td class="xl25">1-1</td> <td class="xl25">0-2</td> <td class="xl25">0-2</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" height="18">2006</td> <td class="xl25">0-1</td> <td class="xl25">0-1</td> <td class="xl25">0-1</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">Totals</td> <td class="xl25">2-6</td> <td class="xl25">1-7</td> <td class="xl25">3-5</td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">
</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">
</td> <td style="width: 58pt;" width="78">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="18">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="18">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> <td class="xl23">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 394pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="527"><col style="width: 98pt;" width="131"> <col style="width: 94pt;" width="126"> <col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64"> <col style="width: 58pt;" width="78"> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt; width: 98pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="18" width="131">2006</td> <td style="width: 94pt;" width="126">
</td> <td style="width: 58pt;" width="78">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Date " height="18">Date </td> <td x:str="Vs ">Vs </td> <td x:str="Score ">Score </td> <td x:str="Week ">Week </td> <td x:str="GATCH Line ">GATCH Line </td> <td>O/U</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">Regular Season</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 10/21/06 " height="18">Saturday 10/21/06 </td> <td x:str="@ Clemson ">@ Clemson </td> <td x:str="L 7-31 ">L 7-31 </td> <td x:str="Week 8 ">Week 8 </td> <td x:str="L 7 ">L 7 </td> <td>U 46.5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 10/07/06 " height="18">Saturday 10/07/06 </td> <td x:str="Maryland ">Maryland </td> <td x:str="W 27-23 ">W 27-23 </td> <td x:str="Week 6 ">Week 6 </td> <td x:str="L -14.5 ">L -14.5 </td> <td>O 43</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="18">2005</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Date " height="18">Date </td> <td x:str="Vs ">Vs </td> <td x:str="Score ">Score </td> <td x:str="Week ">Week </td> <td x:str="GATCH Line ">GATCH Line </td> <td>O/U</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">Regular Season</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str=" Saturday 10/29/05 " height="18"> Saturday 10/29/05 </td> <td x:str=" Clemson "> Clemson </td> <td x:str=" W 10-9 "> W 10-9 </td> <td x:str=" Week 9 "> Week 9 </td> <td x:str=" L -2.5 "> L -2.5 </td> <td> U 46</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 10/15/05 " height="18">Saturday 10/15/05 </td> <td x:str="@ Duke ">@ Duke </td> <td x:str="W 35-10 ">W 35-10 </td> <td x:str="Week 7 ">Week 7 </td> <td x:str="W -21 ">W -21 </td> <td>U 48</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Thursday 10/06/05 " height="18">Thursday 10/06/05 </td> <td x:str="North Carolina State ">North Carolina State </td> <td x:str="L 14-17 ">L 14-17 </td> <td x:str="Week 6 ">Week 6 </td> <td x:str="L -3.5 ">L -3.5 </td> <td>U 45</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 09/24/05 " height="18">Saturday 09/24/05 </td> <td x:str="@ Virginia Tech ">@ Virginia Tech </td> <td x:str="L 7-51 ">L 7-51 </td> <td x:str="Week 4 ">Week 4 </td> <td x:str="L 10.5 ">L 10.5 </td> <td>O 41</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="18">2004</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Thursday 10/28/04 " height="18">Thursday 10/28/04 </td> <td x:str="Virginia Tech ">Virginia Tech </td> <td x:str="L 20-34 ">L 20-34 </td> <td x:str="Week 10 ">Week 10 </td> <td x:str="L 6 ">L 6 </td> <td>O 39</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 10/16/04 " height="18">Saturday 10/16/04 </td> <td x:str="Duke ">Duke </td> <td x:str="W 24-7 ">W 24-7 </td> <td x:str="Week 8 ">Week 8 </td> <td x:str="W -16.5 ">W -16.5 </td> <td>U 43.5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 10/02/04 " height="18">Saturday 10/02/04 </td> <td x:str="Miami ">Miami </td> <td x:str="L 3-27 ">L 3-27 </td> <td x:str="Week 6 ">Week 6 </td> <td x:str="L 14 ">L 14 </td> <td>U 41.5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 09/18/04 " height="18">Saturday 09/18/04 </td> <td x:str="@ North Carolina ">@ North Carolina </td> <td x:str="L 13-34 ">L 13-34 </td> <td x:str="Week 4 ">Week 4 </td> <td x:str="L -8.5 ">L -8.5 </td> <td>U 55.5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="18">2003</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 11/08/03 " height="18">Saturday 11/08/03 </td> <td x:str="@ Duke ">@ Duke </td> <td x:str="L 17-41 ">L 17-41 </td> <td x:str="Week 12 ">Week 12 </td> <td x:str="L -13.5 ">L -13.5 </td> <td>O 40</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Thursday 10/23/03 " height="18">Thursday 10/23/03 </td> <td x:str="Maryland ">Maryland </td> <td x:str="W 7-3 ">W 7-3 </td> <td x:str="Week 10 ">Week 10 </td> <td x:str="W 3 ">W 3 </td> <td>U 42</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 10/11/03 " height="18">Saturday 10/11/03 </td> <td x:str="@ Wake Forest ">@ Wake Forest </td> <td x:str="W 24-7 ">W 24-7 </td> <td x:str="Week 8 ">Week 8 </td> <td x:str="W 3 ">W 3 </td> <td>U 43.5</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="18">2002</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18">Regular Season</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Date " height="18">Date </td> <td x:str="Vs ">Vs </td> <td x:str="Score ">Score </td> <td x:str="Week ">Week </td> <td x:str="GATCH Line ">GATCH Line </td> <td>O/U</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Thursday 10/17/02 " height="18">Thursday 10/17/02 </td> <td x:str="@ Maryland ">@ Maryland </td> <td class="xl24" x:str="L 10-34 ">L 10-34 </td> <td x:str="Week 9 ">Week 9 </td> <td class="xl24" x:str="L 2.5 ">L 2.5 </td> <td class="xl24">U 48</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.2pt;" height="18"> <td style="height: 13.2pt;" x:str="Saturday 10/05/02 " height="18">Saturday 10/05/02 </td> <td x:str="Wake Forest ">Wake Forest </td> <td x:str="L 21-24 ">L 21-24 </td> <td x:str="Week 7 ">Week 7 </td> <td x:str="L -13 ">L -13 </td> <td>U 51</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

This would tend to support the Va Tech backers, though it is just one angle.

Another interesting stat is the average points scored by G tech in their games after bye weeks during Gailey's tenure.

Add em up and divide by 8 and whatcha get? 11 points per game pretty poor showing and I doubt the changing of the RB guard in Atlanta is going to be a helpful contributing factor.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Thanks, Shark

:cheers:

can't help it !!

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Thanks fellas. It turned out a little more lobsided than I thought it would. :cheers:

27-23 YTD (54%)
26-22 ATS

0-1 Totals
1-0 ML

Back