Throwback's NFL 2008 Week 1 Thread

Throwback420

Diehard L.A. fan
Will update with some thoughts, leans,plays later 2nite and the following days. will try 2 get some thoughts on every game since I almost bet on all of them lol.

Thursday Night Football (GMEN)

GMEN -3 -150 (3 units to win 2 units) only reason im buying to -3 is cuz i have -3 to win 4 units on a parlay so I want the same #

alright if Gmen didnt win the Ship I would be all over the Skins ML in this game but no way in hell am i backing them in NY 2nite. The crowd should be crazy 2nite, I like how the gmen played in the preseason, ELI looks like a new man and i love the DC Spagz, but I do think the Defense will fall off a little with the losses of Strahan, Osi and Gibril. I have 2win 4 units on -3 from some baseball parlays from the last couple of days if it wasnt for me having these I probably would only make the gmen a 2-3 unit play. I dont like how the line is at -5 tell you the truth If I could get Skins at +7 at -125 I would be all over it. Not sure how im gonna play this one I waited to long cuz I have action on those parlays so I'll see if I can get -3 at -150 but unless the line goes down I dont know how im gonna play this yet :shake:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday Games: These are leans on play I usally dont post official game either a day or a couple hours b4 kickoff so I can change my mind on some of these but that rarely happens. Will update thought on some of the games.

Bengals -1 @ Baltimore - Ok 1 thing I wanna say is this might be the best bengal team in the Carson Palmer era. I know they didnt show much in pre season but I was watching some players and I think Keith Rivers is gonna make a huge impact on this team also rookie DT Shirley is gonna be gettin more playin time and this kid was a monster for fresno st,also like the young secondary as they got more experience and should start making more plays. The key that's gonna be huge for this team is TE Ben Utech in 1 pre season game him and Palmer really seemed to click this is gonna help the offense so much 2 have such a great scape goat. Another thing that I love is that the team Cut Rudi Johnson I was tired of this guy's 1-2 yd runs and no hands. I hope and think Chris Perry is gonna break out finally. I was so high on this kid coming out and I was glad to see him win the job and he looked damn good. He can take alot of pressure off of Carson and He has hands so that will add a dimension that Rudi Johnson didn't have. Dont really know the status of Mr.Ocho Cinco or Houzeyomomma but you would expect them 2 play and rookie Wr Simpson looks like he can add a little extra to the offense overall I like the things the Bengals have done. With the Ravens I'm not really sure of this team Rookie QB, Rookie coach, besides last year vs the pats the defense seems to be gettin older and slower, The Offense can't produce Wr's, Rb Willis is older been banged up I do like Ray Rice and Yamon Figures but overall I dont see this team doing 2 well with Flacco at the QB. Would have much rather seen them go with Troy Smith. On the match up Carson has done pretty good against the Ravens defense and I think if the WR's are healthy this will be no different. Bengals should get theirs on offense and I think this defense is gonna shut down the run and make Flacco beat them which I cant see. Bengals gonna make a statement.
Prediction: 27-10
Trends: Bengals are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games in September.
Bengals are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings with Baltimore.

Chiefs +15 or more @ New England - Alright first I got to say everyone says preseason dont mean jack shit. I agree and disagree with that I do think records and stats dont mean shit in preseason but one thing that does have meaning is to see how the starters play against other starters and to see how new players/rookies mesh with the team. I know Brady hasn't played and I do think you have to cap this game with the thinking of Brady being 110% healthy but for anyone who seen the Patriots play how can you not say that Patriots looked like garbage in all areas offense, defense and special teams from the starters to backups to the scrubs. I think that will have a major impact to the start of the season and you will see some rust on offense for sure. On defense they looked a step slow but I do think rookie LB Mayo will me a huge upgrade but losing CB Samuel is a major downgrade but the pats are known for plugging in ne db's. Alright now about KC best thing about this offense is the 3 headed monster of TE Gonzo, RB GrandMaMa and WR Bowe. The bad thing Croyle and the o-line. KC added some nice rookies in the offseason but the key will still be Croyle he had some flashes last year but not enough if he dont show what he can do this season this could be his last chance. On the KC defense they took a step back by losing DE Allen but added more young bodies on defense but losing Allen is huge. I think this defense is young and will take sometime to gel I dont think they will have much problem with the front 7 but the back 4 maybe whick kind of scares me on this game but 15 to 17 pts is way 2 many in this game. I think the Pats win but I think the Chiefs could put up some points and I dont think the Pats will score at will like last year. I think the Chiefs hang with the Pats for 3 quarters then the Pats pull away late and Croyle cant lead a comeback. Will the Pats have the losingsuperbowl team slump?
Prediction: Pats 24-17
Trends: Chiefs are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games.

Tejas +6 and ML @ Pitt -

Lions -3 @ Hotlanta - This game has huge meaning for the falcons franchise and fans as this is the 1st game with New Rookie QB Matt Ryan, Kid looks to replace the huge figure that was Mike Vick. First off I like some of the weapons the kid gots in Roddy White and RB Norwood. The thing I dont like is the o-line and Ryan's habit of throwing pick 6's which could be crucial in spreads. On the defense I have nothing really to say Abraham and Jamal Anderson are some nice DE's but I dont think they will be giving Kitna much trouble on sunday. Onto the Lions this team really impressed me in the pre season they made it clear they are gonna try to run more which would be huge cuz no longer will teams T off on poor old John Ktna lol. Last year every1 knew Martz was gonna throw so they would just T off. rookie rb Kevin Smith showed some flashes in the preseason and Rudi Johnson should help be the pounder so I think this will help out the lions offense so much. Now another thing I wanna point out is the 2nd year for WR is usally a big year thats why I wouldnt be suprised to see Calvin Johnson to put up top 3 #'s in the NFL for a WR this year. This kid put in some work and he looks and is gonna show why he is one of if not the best WR to come out of college ever. This kid is gonna put on a show this year no question about it. Nothing really to say about the defense but I do think they have improved from last year so thats good. They had some nice showings in the preseason. Onto the matchup I just think Matt Ryan isnt ready to win yet, I do like some of his weapons and If Turner and Norwood can keep the chains moving to help take the pressure of ryan then I think they might be in it but I just dont think their defense can stop the lions and I dont think the falcons want a shoot out with the lions. Lions defense knows they wanna stop the run so they can get Ryan in some 3rd and long's and force him 2 make plays which will lead to turnovers, I fully expect that to happen. Lions win big. Public wins big.
Prediction: Lions 34-13
Trends: Lions are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 1.

Saints -3 vs The Bucs - Ok first thing is first the Bucs owned the Saints last season so this is a huge rival revenge game. What better of a way to kickoff a new season by beating a rival that has owned you the last couple of seasons. In preseason Buc's didn't really show me much when Garcia came back from Injury he looked like shit. The Bucs defense still looks solid nothing else 2 add, rookie wr Jackson looks explosive but im still not sold on Garcia being healthy and still think this offense will struggle this season. The Saints usally play great at home there was a chance that this game wasnt even gonna be played there because of Hurricane Gustava but not much damage was done and Saints fans should be loud and crackin on sunday. The saints offense looked real good in the preseason, it looks like Bree's and the offense might be back to 06-07 form when they made the playoffs and it could only be better with Shockey at TE, He should add leadership and fire to this offense and I think he's a great fit. Deuce is also back from that nasty injury last year he also looked solid, even b4 his Injury to his quad Bush looked like he added a little muscle and was running harder so he could have a big year even tho alot of people have labled him a bust. Robert Meachem also looked like he can add another weapon to an already solid offense. I think this offense can take it to a solid and stout Bucs Defense. If Deuce and the other rb's can get going to keep pressure off Bree's he can have some big plays downfield. The bigger question about the Saints is the defense they really didnt look that good in the preseason mainly the db's but I still like the front 7 and LB Vilma and rookie DT Sedrick Ellis will only make it better. If the saints can contain the Buc's rb's I think the saints Dlinemen can get to Garcia and pressure him into turnovers and I believe they just might do that if they dont pressure him it could be a long day for the saints db's. I have to go with the home public team in the opener. I just think the Saints offense will be one of the better offense of teams in the leagues and I see the buc's offense regressing but their defense to stay to form. The main thing in this game is to see is the saints defense if they lose I am sure it will be because of the defense. I see a 31-17 type of game going against all trands on this one.
Prediction: Saints 31-17
Trends: ALL TRENDS POINT TOWARDS THE BUCS.

Eagles -7 vs The Rams

Bears +10 @ Indy
--------------------------------------------------------------------

other leans need to look into more

Phins ML
Browns +6 and ML
Panthers +9
Cards -3

cant figure out the Tenny/Jax and Bills/Hawks games.

MNF 2008

Vikings ML @ The Favreless Lambeau Field

The Raider Nation ML vs The Broncos

Last edited:
passed out hell of early last night all sick so couldnt cap some of this weeks games if all goes good 2day will update some games.

-3 -160 ?

fuck waited 2damn long but dont wanna play any other number that 3 cuz thats what i need for those parlays

Good health on the bears first off. We got torn to pieces all preseason. Our secondary and d is so messed up right now. Lovie said he wanted the first team d to show up in W4 Preseason and Quinn led Browns to two scoring drives (td and fg) on the first two series vs our 1st team d. In that game Lewis was out at rb for them and Edwards was out at WR. I doubt we will be able to just flip a switch on vs Peyton and the likes of Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez, Clark, Addai and Keith.

I'm with you big on Oaktown Monday. Hopefully, I can grab some +$ on sunday and add that on top of what i plan to now.

Why Oakland? The left side of the broncos secondary is ass. What I like most is the Oak run game and te vs Denver. Denver is brutal at defending both those positions.

Man i hope people drive denver ml sky high...

Will have a thread up and some thoughts friday or saturday. Gotta do a little more reading up. Like most of your plays, as usual. GL.

Last edited:
if you like oaktown ml also brew

find a good baseball or NFL ml parlay it with Raiders ML for better odds

thats what I do with primetime games

had 1.60 units to win 4 units on Gmen -3 last night from 2 baseball parlays

about the colts they didnt look 2 damn good on defense or offense and you dont know what to expect with Manning its not like the Tom Brady situation. Peyton just came of surgery I think Bears get to him,

The only thing I dont like is that this is at a new stadium and primetime so its gonna be crazy loud but I really think the bears keep it close and wouldnt shock me if then win su.

gl throw...likin your raiders. browns fan first, but kind of an adopted raiders fan since i was little because of family out there. i really like the way their team is shaping up this year, and feel they'll be a good bet ats. we don't really see eye to eye this week on some of the others, but good info

GL Throwback. I couldn't agree more with your analysis on Cincy and NOLA. I like both your MNF picks but will probably just watch as a fan. :cheers:

fukin great thread, throwback. i'm wishing you BOL this sunday...but i know you're gonna have a kick ass day with that card. great stuff, brotha.

:cheers:

the bad news is I don't really see us agreeing on much... the good news is I don't see us disagreeing on much either.. hehe...

like the Eagles as well..

gl Throw

9/7/08 Official NFL Plays: (All plays 2 win)

Lions -3 -115 (3 units)
Saints -3 -120 (3 units)
Bengals -1 (2.30 units)
Bills ML -120 (1.30 units)
Chiefs +16 (1.30 units)
Texans +7 -115 (2.20 units)
Texans ML +250 ( 2 win 1.40 units)

official play:

Rams +10 -120 (1 unit) - liked the Eagles at -7 but this line went way 2 high had to take the Rams at this #.

I think thats it

cant figure out the jax/titans

i wanna bet Jax but I think Titans find a way 2 win this game so dont want 2 touch it

official plays:

Browns +7 -125 (2.5units)
Browns +225 ( to win 1 unit)

*added another .5 unit

Last edited:
2008 SNF :

Da Bears +11 -120 (4units)
Da Bears ML +450 ( to win 2 units)

parlay:

bears ml, oak ml +1134 ( .30 to win 3.50 units)

2008 SNF :

Da Bears +11 -120 (4units)
Da Bears ML +450 ( to win 2 units)

parlay:

bears ml, oak ml +1134 ( .30 to win 3.50 units)

none-00010d99a.jpg

Back