Three weeks in...what have we learned?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I'm gonna start with this ... Since we just watched the game... Shameful final sequence for Browns fans/backers. And this is after the 4th and 9 draw play a drive or two before.

Quick takes before bed:

-Lions are winning games, not losing them. They tried with the blocked kick today but this team is pretty resilient so far and hasn't played a real good game yet. We'll take wins however we can get them

-Cleveland needs to do quick plays to keep Baker n co going forward. Anything that is long developing is trouble.

-Cleveland coaches blew this game.

-Rams defense is dirty still. This team is very underappreciated it seems.

-Don't sleep on the Saints

-The Chargers are having trouble at the end of games so far.

-Good for the G-Men. That is pretty resilient and with Barkley out.

-Now we get why TB was throwing with 13 seconds left. You never know with a kicker.

-Indy is just solid. They aren't beating the big 2 in AFC but they can definitely get to the divisional round.

-Minnesota needed a 'get right' game

-Green Bay continues to impress.

-NFC North right now is best division in the league

-SF very resilient as well. Not to many teams win games with all those turnovers

-Rosen, glad he got a shot. At least they were competitive for awhile.

-Carolina, eh?

-Buffalo is just another solid team that continues to grow. Now, they will be stepping up the competition soon and that will tell us a bit more.

-Denver and Oakland, blah.

-Atlanta gonna Atlanta...

-NFL -- please spread the games out like today EVERY WEEK. That 2nd slate was a lot of fun.

-Minshew Magic

-Colts continue to be undervalued by the books
-chargers have been a poor 2h team, not exactly surprising when you have Lynn as HC imo
-eagles have been a poor 1h team and disappointing in general. Injuries are playing a role but it feels like there’s a lack of urgency or something watching them
-Dan Jones and Kyle Allen can ball, good day for #teampreseason truthers
-packers haven’t been too inspiring but they’re finding ways to win games

It's not even an accurate complaint. It should be the opposite-- Baker been trying too hard to get him the ball.

Beckham has 30 targets, Landry 23, then Chubb is third with 15.
I noticed this with Watson a few weeks back. Having an all world receiver does this to young QBs. Issue is, he has good targets all over the field.

From an officiating standpoint, they must be seeing an awful lot of grabbing over the years and they're trying to drive home a point. Yes, officials have to stop looking for a reason to throw a flag but play and technique has to be better. There's some terrible terrible coaching going on at this level.

Are the Philly injuries supposed to linger into next Sunday? Philly +4.5 kind of jumped out at me but not if they are still beat up.

“I should have run it one time [on Cleveland’s last four offensive snaps]. That’s why I’m kicking myself in the ass right now.”
—Cleveland coach Freddie Kitchens, after Baker Mayfield threw three incompletions and an interception in the last 43 seconds Sunday night, sealing a 20-13 Rams victory over the Browns.

Steelers' giving up what will end up being a top 5 pick for Minkah is absurd. They tried to save their season but they are the team in NFL history to lose a game with 4+ turnover margin.

Giants game have OVER written all over them. DJ will move the ball - especially in garbage time after their defense falls behind 20.

Looking forward to seeing Dallas and Buffalo start their regular seasons next week. I kinda like both their chances actually. Dallas LBs were quite effective in containing Kamara last year. New England has been riding TB12's arm so far as Sony Michel is in a slump and Rexy is efficient but not great. But the WR corp may be a little thin and Buffalo is no slouch on D.

Packers are 3-0 but their offense just looks a little off. Aaron Jones gets 1.9 yards a carry? 52 total plays? They're in the bottom five in pace of play, behind the Titans even. With their talent? I don't like it.

I sense that Baker has a bit of skittishness in the pocket these days. I don't recall him trying to step up once, always takes off in a dead sprint to the right. On the 3rd down play the Ram DT's were split super wide and on the snap the LBs pulled out quick.....then on 4th down (after the TIMEOUT to discuss things) the Ram DTs split even WIDER. A QB draw was there for the taking. I wonder if they have that play in the playbook for Baker. Not sure. I know Dak would've waltzed in.

Anatomy of a bad football team:
- Collect five turnovers, turn them into 6 points
- Allow two turnovers that lead to 14 points
- Score on a 76 yard splash play to take the lead....allow a 10 play 75 yard drive in response to lose the lead.
- Lose TOP 36-24, Lose 1st Downs 26-11, get outgained by 200 yards, yet feel like the game was yours to take

For a 2nd week in a row, the Steelers played just well enough to lose in all phases. This follows a week 1 slaughter. Only comfort comes from the fact the equally sad Bengals come calling next week.

Tampa.....c'mon man.

Looking forward to seeing Dallas and Buffalo start their regular seasons next week. I kinda like both their chances actually. Dallas LBs were quite effective in containing Kamara last year. New England has been riding TB12's arm so far as Sony Michel is in a slump and Rexy is efficient but not great. But the WR corp may be a little thin and Buffalo is no slouch on D.

Packers are 3-0 but their offense just looks a little off. Aaron Jones gets 1.9 yards a carry? 52 total plays? They're in the bottom five in pace of play, behind the Titans even. With their talent? I don't like it.

I sense that Baker has a bit of skittishness in the pocket these days. I don't recall him trying to step up once, always takes off in a dead sprint to the right. On the 3rd down play the Ram DT's were split super wide and on the snap the LBs pulled out quick.....then on 4th down (after the TIMEOUT to discuss things) the Ram DTs split even WIDER. A QB draw was there for the taking. I wonder if they have that play in the playbook for Baker. Not sure. I know Dak would've waltzed in.

Anatomy of a bad football team:
- Collect five turnovers, turn them into 6 points
- Allow two turnovers that lead to 14 points
- Score on a 76 yard splash play to take the lead....allow a 10 play 75 yard drive in response to lose the lead.
- Lose TOP 36-24, Lose 1st Downs 26-11, get outgained by 200 yards, yet feel like the game was yours to take

For a 2nd week in a row, the Steelers played just well enough to lose in all phases. This follows a week 1 slaughter. Only comfort comes from the fact the equally sad Bengals come calling next week.

Tampa.....c'mon man.
I’d be looking for the great equalizer. Otherwise known as, James White. He sat this past week and should be rejuvenated for this game. Dude can’t be guarded. Will be looking for reception props on him for sure.

Another thing with the Browns.....that game was tailor made for Jarvis Landry to have a 10 catch 65 yard chain moving performance. Yet every time they showed the behind the QB view he was running streaks and deep ins. Where are the crossing routes and quick outs? With Baker it seems like they need more quick throws.

I’d be looking for the great equalizer. Otherwise known as, James White. He sat this past week and should be rejuvenated for this game. Dude can’t be guarded. Will be looking for reception props on him for sure.
True, the new pop should be ready to fly high next week.

Mitch still sucks and probably will his entire career. Dude's internal radar is busted as hell.

That INT though, fucking lol.

Skins are just abysmal.

Should be made to play a relegation game vs the Fins to see who fucks off to be the London franchise in 4 years.

Why TV crews cut away so quickly when refs try to spot the ball

Officials are just poorly programmed 'bots'.

Proof right here, mofo glitched the fuck out...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="tl" dir="ltr">I can’t stop laughing (via ahahaa5000/TikTok) <a href="https://t.co/SoRVM2jC3r">pic.twitter.com/SoRVM2jC3r</a></p>&mdash; Overtime (@overtime) <a href=" ">September 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I noticed this with Watson a few weeks back. Having an all world receiver does this to young QBs. Issue is, he has good targets all over the field.

Marshall Faulk said he thinks it's short qbs to short wrs, hard to see em as well.

Look at brees, outside of running backs, all his favorite targets have been tall, graham, thomas etc.

G2qrqVQ.jpg

It seems there are a few teams that you can count on, thus far, to give a consistently good performance regardless of opponent. There are an awful lot of teams you can anticipate a poor performance is much much more likely.

Maybe for Week #4 identify a good performer vs a known poor/bad performer and then try to cap from there?

Eagles @ Packers -5/-5.5

Raiders @ Colts -6.5

Bucs @ Rams -10

Above are games that fall into this 'theory' imo (and its only a theory). I'm very inclined to go with Colts this week.

But, I am positive I have come up with another & better available method to select games- until proven otherwise I am riding with the best available alternative to any idea I might have.

Seahawks standing out as poor starting 15 plays on Offense, Bills/Patriots good on Defense

Last edited:
He is awful. BUT, we paid him to be the highest paid backup so they see something. It’s an extremely complex offense and Teddy’s progressions are abysmal.
This could get ugly here.....Taysom Hill is EXTREMELY popular down here, the Swiss Army Knife. Do I think he is ready to start a whole game? NO. But if Teddy ain’t getting saved by Kamara and the defense the city will ROAR for Hill.
Put it this way....my sons are 6 and 8 years old. Jerseys for Christmas request? Taysom Hill....and shit was in DEMAND lol.

I’m curious wht others think of Teddy. As BAR posted, the game plan has to be different for him because he can’t do what Drew does. Maybe 2-3 can.
All that said that was a BIG BIG win last week in SEA.....luckily

I think Teddy is a good team guy. I like Taysom a lot as well.
Team guy yes. I’ll have to defer to Payton here.....he must see something but it’s clear as allmget put the offense will be really really difficult to do what they would normally want

Back