thougths on monday night....

JJ77

Pretty much a regular
been up in the air this week w this game cant deciede if the saints are gona show up or not on monday nigth.

bettign against VY is a nightmare. ive beat him once with the pats. every other time he has took my money and made my stomach hurt.

gl tonight

anyone takin saints? just trying to see that side......

leaning towards Tenn and perhaps ML like everyone else, but just wanted to see what the saints backers are thinking. GL to all

Has anyone seen the saints' last 2 games? I haven't and was wondering if the poor offensive play was because they're missing joe horn. I've suspected for awhile that devery henderson wasn't good enough to be a #2, just good enough to be a deep home run threat. If all the attention is on colston I could imagine NO having problems getting anything going in the passing game. Anyone have any insight? I really want to bet on VY but I'd rather not see the saints of last year show up and destroy me. I'm trying to cut down on drinking....

I honestly think we're all looking too much into this game. Just make a pick and hope it lands. This game could go either way if played at a nuetral site. NO has the advantage, since playing at home, despite playing crappy. It's the NFL any team can beat any team (except for the Pats lol). I took Tenn ML... I think the +4 doesn't matter, whoever wins will win easily. Call me an idiot but +1.5 to +4 is like a ML bet for my picks lol.

def agree w the ML pick gona be on it w u! dont think the LBS and DL 4 NO can get it done w tenn avg 211 rushin yrds a game. VY has a field day!

Yeah...the value is really on the ML...I got +190...I won't be upset if Tenny loses by a FG (unless its as time expires). NO is down in a bad way this year. From what I saw vs the Colts, and looking at the box vs TB here is what makes me think Tenny will take this game:

<table class="datasmall" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="datahead"><td colspan="5">Receiving - Brees throws for 260
</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> </td> <td>REC</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>TD</td> <td>LG</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Marques Colston </td> <td> 8</td> <td> 70</td> <td> 1</td> <td> 16</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Reggie Bush </td> <td> 6</td> <td> 43</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 11</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Eric Johnson </td> <td> 3</td> <td> 18</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 8</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Lance Moore </td> <td> 3</td> <td> 46</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 22</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> David Patten </td> <td> 2</td> <td> 66</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 58 - ??? The next longest is 23 yards this year!!!
</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Terrance Copper </td> <td> 1</td> <td> 6</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 6</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> John Owens </td> <td> 1</td> <td> 4</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 4</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Mike Karney </td> <td> 1</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 0</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Deuce McAllister </td> <td> 1</td> <td> 7</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 7</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="datasmall" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="datahead"><td colspan="5">Receiving - Brees throws for 192
</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> </td> <td>REC</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>TD</td> <td>LG</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Eric Johnson </td> <td> 8</td> <td> 57</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 9</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Marques Colston </td> <td> 6</td> <td> 47</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 13</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Reggie Bush </td> <td> 4</td> <td> 7</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 7</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Devery Henderson </td> <td> 3</td> <td> 34</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 23</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Deuce McAllister </td> <td> 2</td> <td> 7</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 4</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> David Patten </td> <td> 2</td> <td> 18</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 13</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Aaron Stecker </td> <td> 2</td> <td> 20</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 11</td> </tr> <tr class="datarow"> <td> Drew Brees </td> <td> 1</td> <td> 2</td> <td> 0</td> <td> 2</td></tr></tbody></table>
Does anyone know how many times they have even tried to go vertical? Maybe the offense gels this week, but if they struggle again tonight they will lose.

How many people think the U might be a good play tonight? Run Run Run out of the Titans, and all the dink/dunks from NO should keep the clock running (unless they get stretched out to the sideline). I don't see VY & Co. putting up 41 like the Colts. I'm thinking a 24-17 type game tonight...anyone else??

i think the under could be good. What worries me is titans pickin up 7-10 yrds per carry on top of what VY can do.

Just saw this...

Titans dominate against NFC South
Tonight’s game against New Orleans offers the Titans the chance to build on an impressive 11-1 record against NFC South teams under coach Jeff Fisher.

only thing im afraid about NO is that they are at home and brees could blow up. i dunno, there is just something about Saints Stadium

This is another reason why I say not to look at trends... all this info now from everyone makes me nervous and seems that Tenn would be a great bet... maybe the game notes, etc are for all of us to bet Titans thinking NO is horrible... Now I'm straight lost (even with my bet locked in on Titans).

Many thinking the Saints are due... playing at home... and the history of the hurricane on the line for the Saints... NOW IM LOST!!!!!!!! this is why I try to avoid looking too much into a matchup like this... damn.

I agree...I'm already on Titan ML for a unit...I'm good...just overanalysing the total....really leaning on U10 for 1st Q

Has anyone seen the saints' last 2 games? I haven't and was wondering if the poor offensive play was because they're missing joe horn. I've suspected for awhile that devery henderson wasn't good enough to be a #2, just good enough to be a deep home run threat. If all the attention is on colston I could imagine NO having problems getting anything going in the passing game. Anyone have any insight? I really want to bet on VY but I'd rather not see the saints of last year show up and destroy me. I'm trying to cut down on drinking....

I have watched every miserable snap through two games, and I have read every article I can find. The Saints are not missing Joe Horn; Henderson has always had trouble catching a football, I watched him drop passes at LSU and now with the Saints; the problem is that the Saints OL has been exposed as the overperformers they were last season.

They were a young OL last year with no experience as a unit and most did not have much experience starting in the NFL, yet they somehow did a great job opening holes for McAllister and Bush and protecting Brees. This season they are playing more like I thought they would last season. Brees's jersey was never dirty last season, he would walk off the field after a victory and look like he was walking into the tunnel after pregame warm ups. Now I watch him get clobbered as early as the first set of downs.

If the Saints cannot win with the motivation factor tonight, starting 0-2, heading into bye week, and playing their home opener, then I don't see how they will ever have a motivation factor this season. I will not bet on this game, but I think the Saints cover the 4-pt spread. I also saw on one of my books that the 1stQ line was Saints -.5 as was the 3rdQ line; these look like great bets to me, as the crowd will be pumped to start the game, and if the Saints are in trouble at half, then the crowd will be rowdy right after halftime.

Back