Thoughts on trading some backs

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
So I need to trade some of these backs. What would you do? I figure Conners will be out of the mix soon.

1 ppr and .5 pts. per carry

Lineup as of this week.

QB Rivers
RB Michel
RB Conners
WR OBJ
WR Allen
TE Cooks
Flex White

Bench: Woods, Collins, Howard, OJ Howard, Chris Carson and Ty Williams

Last edited:
I‘d probably try to dump off Collins too as Allen seems to be as important even if he‘s not considered the starter.

I‘d probably try to dump off Collins too as Allen seems to be as important even if he‘s not considered the starter.

I'm not saying dump him, but I have a slew of good rb's and they are wasting away. Like to get someone for them.

Question I have is who would you offer up and what would you want back.

Sony and White are a sustainable two back tandem, kinda a poor man's Kamara/Ingram. Conner is a mystery at this point. There's talk of Bell & Conner working more as Kamara/Ingram tandem to save Bell on wear and tear for when he leaves as a free agent, but in 30+ years living in Pittsburgh I've never seen the Steelers care about the long term health of any player they believe will be out the door soon, so who knows until we see them on the field.

I have Collins myself and I'm looking to deal him, although as the weather gets colder I think his usage will rise. Same with Howard. Unfortunately they're sell low guys right now.

Carson....who knows with Petey.

With your squad I'd look to deal Conner for a big upgrade somewhere, maybe QB and TE combined (sell Cook high). Look at what the Big 3 TE owners are in the market for, burning that early pick on a TE has to leave at least a couple of them vulnerable at RB, especially if they rolled with a QB early too. Then plug Woods in the flex and roll with the NE boys at RB unless Collins or Carson has a juicy matchup.

Sony and White are a sustainable two back tandem, kinda a poor man's Kamara/Ingram. Conner is a mystery at this point. There's talk of Bell & Conner working more as Kamara/Ingram tandem to save Bell on wear and tear for when he leaves as a free agent, but in 30+ years living in Pittsburgh I've never seen the Steelers care about the long term health of any player they believe will be out the door soon, so who knows until we see them on the field.

I have Collins myself and I'm looking to deal him, although as the weather gets colder I think his usage will rise. Same with Howard. Unfortunately they're sell low guys right now.

Carson....who knows with Petey.

With your squad I'd look to deal Conner for a big upgrade somewhere, maybe QB and TE combined (sell Cook high). Look at what the Big 3 TE owners are in the market for, burning that early pick on a TE has to leave at least a couple of them vulnerable at RB, especially if they rolled with a QB early too. Then plug Woods in the flex and roll with the NE boys at RB unless Collins or Carson has a juicy matchup.

Thanks Gandolf! I agree with you on Howard and Collins, and also agree that you can't get shit for them now. The league is chucking the ball all over and that will come to an end come December, so dumping both would be counterproductive. I really think Michel is going to be a top back.

Conner is the big question mark.

Here's my take on Conner. Somebody mentioned here that he only does well against crappy run defenses.

There seems to be truth to this: His only 100+ yard and multi-touchdown games came against Falcons and Browns: both rank bottom-10 in opposing rush yards.

Against Bmore and Tampa Bay he gained max 61 yards rushing, zero td's. Both rank top 5 in opposing rush yards.

One exception is KC which he did nothing against altho KC's run D is terrible. But that was the nature of the game: Pitt fell way behind from the beginning and had to pass.

So let's look at Pitt's remaining opponents:

Cincy (last game before Bell return), Balty, Panthers, Jags, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Pats, Saints, Bengals. 5 of those teams (Raiders, Bengals, Bengals, Broncos, Pats) rank bottom 10 in opp. rushing, although i'd take out New England which has regained some key players (Chung + Flowers). The Broncos game is IN Denver where the rush D is allowing 99 yards per game. So not a lot of opportunities it seems for Conner to do well. Plus, what if they fall behind early (see KC game) in one of two games against Bengals? PLUS Bell returns.

Last edited:
Back