Thoughts on Thurs games???

captbunch18

Pretty much a regular
just wanted a discussion on OU/Baylor and UO/Stanford....

Baylor is 17-1 at home in their L 18, which surprised me. The only game they have "struggled" in was @ KSt. That happens to be the only game they struggled to run the ball. I think people don't realize that Baylor can run the football because all they see are long bomb to WR for TDs. Their run game sets that up. Question is, can OU take away the run?

As far as UO/Stanford.....I have no idea on this game.

The KSt game was also the only game where Baylor failed to convert more than 50% of third downs and the only time Baylor's D allowed 45+% of 3rd down conversions.

Is that because KSt did something other teams couldnt, or is that because that was the first decent team Baylor played.

Baylor is still an under the radar team, nationally. This is their first time in the national spotlight, and I think they come out with something to prove tonight. OKL is mediocre. They struggled against a similar spread attack in Texas Tech (They covered that game, but they probably shouldn't have). Now they face Baylor, who is much better than TT. If Baylor gets ahead early (and I believe they do, behind the home crowd), then this game could get out of hand. OKL QB does not have the ability to carry this team.

There is a big revenge angle with Oregon. I believe most of those players from Oregon are back. It's tough to see them get road blocked 2 years in a row.

Baylor is still an under the radar team, nationally. This is their first time in the national spotlight, and I think they come out with something to prove tonight. OKL is mediocre. They struggled against a similar spread attack in Texas Tech (They covered that game, but they probably shouldn't have). Now they face Baylor, who is much better than TT. If Baylor gets ahead early (and I believe they do, behind the home crowd), then this game could get out of hand. OKL QB does not have the ability to carry this team.
I wonder if Baylor gets too pumped and struggles a bit....If that happens, OU wins this game. If OU can survive the 1H onslaught, I think they win. However, I dont know if they can do that. I can see Baylor scoring 20 or 70. I think it is a cover for Baylor or an outright win by OU.

I wonder if Baylor gets too pumped and struggles a bit....If that happens, OU wins this game. If OU can survive the 1H onslaught, I think they win. However, I dont know if they can do that. I can see Baylor scoring 20 or 70. I think it is a cover for Baylor or an outright win by OU.

I agree

a lot has to go right for Baylor to cover the 17 IMO, which is possible... if you are a dog player, and I am, you have to invest in this one to some extent... Actually all dogs tonight including sunday league, flat betting, wins IMO.. And at least one, perhaps two of the dogs win SU.. So some action there as well.... Great to see a Thursday with so much going on!

You can find Baylor -17 all over the place now.

It jumped so fast, and so universally, I think it may go to -17x.

Back