Thoughts on Steph Curry

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hq-ogYlmgqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He might be the best point guard in the playoffs right now. The above video was all time epic. :shake:

Kid is good, no doubt but this is against the Nuggets in a positive atmosphere. Do this on the road in the playoffs against a contender and I'm sold...

He is really fun to watch, reminds me of his run in the ncaa tourney with davidson, hope they advance. Best thing going in these playoffs

He's only going to get better. My only fear is he can be injury prone as did miss 40 of the 66 games last year. But we got him cheap in my eyes I think it was 4 years worth $11 million annually.

Watching that game I half expected the announcer to scream he's on fire and have the fucking ball light up.

If he can stay healthy he is going to have a heck of a career I will say that much. He is an amazing shooter.

So now curry is the best PG in the league? After Westbrook went down. Curry is good no doubt but that comment is ridiculous. If you take curry ahead of CP3 or Dwill I think you're crazy.

He's the best shooter in the league and him at home in the playoffs is all the fun. That said, this is happening because Denver has the worst possible guys to throw on him. Lawson and miller both create this ball rack effect where he can just shoot over both of them knowing full well he doesn't have to alter his shot at all to get it over them. That combined with Denver's big man helpers don't jam him, they just show, which gives him a ton of free space in the pnr.

He's really really good, but if they face the spurs in the 2nd round they'll be lucky to get a game. Pop will throw green/kawhi on him for a majority of the time and things will get much tougher.

Kid is good, no doubt but this is against the Nuggets in a positive atmosphere. Do this on the road in the playoffs against a contender and I'm sold...
This was a decent road performance:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O70rVNKIUGE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So now curry is the best PG in the league? After Westbrook went down. Curry is good no doubt but that comment is ridiculous. If you take curry ahead of CP3 or Dwill I think you're crazy.

i dont get your hard on for D Will..
has he ever led a team out of the 1st rd?

He will never stay healthy enough to win anything besides a round 1 series. Terrible defender too. Fun to watch. Not even on the same planet as Tony Parker which you'll see in a week.

This was a decent road performance:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O70rVNKIUGE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Was during the regular season when the Knicks were a-scufflin'. So a non-factor for me. Denver is making this kid look like the 2nd coming.

Talent to burn but I want to see where he's at after 3 full years in the league...

Shooting wise if healthy he'll go down as best ever. It's a shooting league now and he's the head of it.

As you can tell, I will never put a jump shooting pg ahead of a pass first PG. That is all. You don't win rings that way. Like curry way better than westbrook though. His health is a huge concern imo. Hope he stays healthy.

As you can tell, I will never put a jump shooting pg ahead of a pass first PG. That is all. You don't win rings that way. Like curry way better than westbrook though. His health is a huge concern imo. Hope he stays healthy.
bulls never had a pg that could shoot a lick in the 90s.

hmm - Steve kerr, John Paxson, Ron Harper........ lets not get facts in the way of your silly comments...

That was his point. They did win championships with PGs who could shoot. Although the original point was a shoot-first PG, which I don't think any of those 3 were. And let's be honest, MJ was the PG on that team...the guy who technically played the '1' was just there for show.

That was his point. They did win championships with PGs who could shoot. Although the original point was a shoot-first PG, which I don't think any of those 3 were. And let's be honest, MJ was the PG on that team...the guy who technically played the '1' was just there for show.

whatever his point is/was,, saying that neither of these 3 could shoot a lick winning a championship or not is just silly.

The thing about Curry is he's still young. Hasn't even hit his prime yet. Still has some to learn but he's only going to get better.

2443649-fillion1.gif

whatever his point is/was,, saying that neither of these 3 could shoot a lick winning a championship or not is just silly.

Lol we really need a smiley that says "Sarcasm" in bold. Or an eye rolling smiley.

Not only were any of those guys not a shoot first PGs, the NBA was a completely different league back then.

Lol we really need a smiley that says "Sarcasm" in bold. Or an eye rolling smiley.

Not only were any of those guys not a shoot first PGs, the NBA was a completely different league back then.

Really??? Do you even know who these guys are?? Just another statement you pulled from your ass......
Do you know who Ron Harper is? what about Kerr? (besides his broadcasting).. Paxson was a pass first... The first 2 changed their games due to injuries and a chance to win championships..do some research.. and i don't mean just looking at Stats..even Reggie miller avg 3/4 assists per game and those were all by accident...

It was a different era. I admit I didn't get into the NBA that I could remember until I was 12-13. So that makes it year 2000. Forgive me.

Again. Different era. And were any of those players as important to their team as curry is to his?

Back