Thoughts on my team?

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
So I do fantasy pretty obsessively, 3 leagues that I really care about, a high school friends league, a college friends league, and one this year that a fellow ctg member actually started. First draft was last night. I had the 9 pick in a 12 team league, half point per reception. Im pretty happy with the value I got, although my team might as well be called "The Questionables"

Alfred Morris
S Ridley
Garcon
Nicks
Steve Smith
Gore
Jordan Cameron
Blair Walsh
RG3

D'angelo
Kendall Wright
Vick
Fred Jackson
Cordelle Patterson
Lamichael James

Not in that order, thats just the order i drunkenly wrote it down last night.

With some health, I think it could be a powerhouse. A few pulls and tears andn I could be in teh cellar.

Thoughts? Also, I know i need to drop a player and pick up a d. I might try to pull off a 2 for 1 trade to make room

WE can guess the draft order pretty easily....

LOVE your RBs

QB fine with me but QB2 is important...can you pick up Carson off the Wire? IDK If I wanna have Vick AND RG3....could be dangerous...

your WR core doesn't have much depth but you can strike gold with this team if you stay healthy

also, I don't like that I have THREE redskins who will start. I might look to move one in a 2 for 1 deal

altho Vick has looked so money, i know its preseason but he has had time to throw and has looked great, he could end up starting

Love Fred Jackson for a flyer....lets remember the record pace he was on before the injury...Spiller isn't proven and Jackson has PPR value even on the same field...Jackson could be the value of the draft if Spiller takes a wrong step

Spiller isn't proven, really? Jackson is only valuable if spiller is hurt, and don't forget he's getting old and is injury prone.

altho Vick has looked so money, i know its preseason but he has had time to throw and has looked great, he could end up starting

Thinking hard about Vick myself...coaching change can make the difference. Could blow up like he did a few years ago if he can stay on the field.

Spiller isn't proven, really? Jackson is only valuable if spiller is hurt, and don't forget he's getting old and is injury prone.

I really like Spiller from a fan standpoint...really fun to watch. As for fantasy, can he stay healthy? I just see him as a guy that one big and he could be done. Is he worth the risk?

Yes, i tend to think a player who hasn't played two full elite seasons isn't "proven" yet lol...

Jackson was on a record pace before his injury and they will see some time in the same backfield b/c Fred can catch passes...JAckson has flex value week to week in some formats and if spiller goes down, he's got more value then any RB4 has on teir ceiling should their cuff go down for the count.

Scary QB, could be a home run if he's good, but Vick backup is scary as well. I would've gone for a backup who was a little more sure with rg III being your #1.
Wrs another gamble. High risk high reward but that's how you win leagues.
Like the rbs as well.

Scary QB, could be a home run if he's good, but Vick backup is scary as well. I would've gone for a backup who was a little more sure with rg III being your #1.
Wrs another gamble. High risk high reward but that's how you win leagues.
Like the rbs as well.

exactly

im in the process of working out a deal that would send Morris, Steve Smith, and Deangelo to him for Doug Martin and Kenbrell Thompkins

would get a non-redskin in a skill position, get me a guy who i think could be the top rusher in all of football, and i have the pieces to not need smith or deangelo...and then if Thompkins emerges in NE he can be special

I wouldn't hold my breath on Thompkins....I mean, sure, but it's a lottery ticket IMO...I really need don't like your WR3 anymore...but I guess I might make this deal

id take the chance that either Patterson OR Thompkins is a servicable WR, but if Nicks and Garcon stay healthy i wont even really need it, and Kendall Wright has potnetial.

If I can get dougie i have to do that

i would do that too. WRs pop up on the wire every year. you'll have to play it strong but given your need at WR and strength at RB it would be easy to part ways with a guy like James on a WR that has a big first week or two

Yes, i tend to think a player who hasn't played two full elite seasons isn't "proven" yet lol...

Jackson was on a record pace before his injury and they will see some time in the same backfield b/c Fred can catch passes...JAckson has flex value week to week in some formats and if spiller goes down, he's got more value then any RB4 has on teir ceiling should their cuff go down for the count.

Spiller only doesn't have 2 elite seasons because Chan Gailey and his merry band of idiots didn't use him properly. That coaching staff was a complete joke and were worried about him "getting tired." CJ is the real deal. Jackson will certainly get his touches as well, but CJ will be carrying the bulk of the load this year.

Back